Getting my gi white again?

bjornvil

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have a Fuji Victory single weave which I have been training in for the last 9 months. It's my only gi so it gets alot of miles. I always wash it straight after class, but it really isn't very white anymore, it's gotten to be kind of gray :(

I've tried bleaching it, but apparently that's not very good for the fabric, and it really didn't work.

Do you guys have any ways of getting the gi back to white? It really looks like it's dirty all the time now...

Try soaking it in Oxiclean for a couple of hours and line-drying in the sun, if possible.

i had an white 5years old gi that looked pretty dingy and i just recently attempted to dye it a bright lime green, however i think i didn't use enough dye and it turned out a pee yellow but i'm happy with it, as it looks alot better then before.

Mike
Gorilla Fight Gear!

I always add OxiClean. Also, I recently switched detergents to Tide with "Active Lift" and I noticed it even took away some of the old stains!

i had an white 5years old gi that looked pretty dingy and i just recently attempted to dye it a bright lime green, however i think i didn't use enough dye and it turned out a pee yellow but i'm happy with it, as it looks alot better then before.

Mike
Gorilla Fight Gear!

you have a gi thats a pee yellow? your mates must be thrilled when you step on the mat.

actually it looks better then it sounds. Just wanted to mention another option you can play with if your sick of your old dingy white gi

i find leaving it out in the sun to work a bit but oxyclean is good and a cup of white vinegar and baking soda works too .

I use a combination of spray & wash and oxiclean, that combination keeps my Gis super white.

Back