getting into shape for mma...

roulettedares

White Belt
Reaction score
total noob question and i fully expect to get flamed to fuck but have any of ye got advice for somone looking to get into MMA who wants to get some conditioning work done prior to going to a club, i.e. running, swimming, cross training, weights, bag work etc

Any advice, even the pwnage, appreciated :icon_lol:

Go to the club, you'll spend years "getting in shape" to go. Just go now and get in shape as you train.

I agree training first is the way to go. I stopped training for a year and a half and went back to it about 4 months ago. find it easier getting in shape doing something I enjoy, and personally It's easiest for me to train to do something by doing it.

Just go and train, until you fight no one will care/expect you to be in good cardio shape anyway.

total noob question and i fully expect to get flamed to fuck but have any of ye got advice for somone looking to get into MMA who wants to get some conditioning work done prior to going to a club, i.e. running, swimming, cross training, weights, bag work etc

Any advice, even the pwnage, appreciated :icon_lol:

this aint the heavyweight section u wontget "flamed to fuck"

anyways, start with one basic "sport" you enjoy either running, swimming or biking, do a shit load of that for a couple months, building up your mileage, then you can move on the next one and do both of those for a couple more months. all three train different muscles, and swimming might simutaniously train the most muscles at once, more than any other exercise. Sprints are also real good.

that will give you a good base so then u can start grappling, kickboxing ect. with decent cardio already, allowing you train longer and harder.

*flames rEdShawks to fuck*

read the stickies
read the stickies
read the stickies
read the stickies

and

read the stickies

Noting your asking hasn't been answered already a million times, just stick to whatever you're doing and find a conditioning routine or program you like and you'll be fine.

find a steep hill and sprint up, not hard on your joints and it gets you in shape, plus alot of push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, build endurance

Unless you are 5' and 300lbs, don't bother 'getting in shape' just train and the shape will come. Round is a shape right?

read the stickies
read the stickies
read the stickies
read the stickies

and

read the stickies

I'm not sure what you're getting at? should he ask in another forum?

I'm not sure what you're getting at? should he ask in another forum?

Nope. Read the stickies then ask questions about clarification or something that wasn't covered that way we can discuss something new.

Nope. Read the stickies then ask questions about clarification or something that wasn't covered that way we can discuss something new.

um NO

Everyone stop what youre doing and set this guy up with a program now.

For the sake of MMA.

um NO

Everyone stop what youre doing and set this guy up with a program now.

For the sake of MMA.

um YES.

The FAQ is there for a reason.

um YES.

The FAQ is there for a reason.

Right but looking at the recent posts in this forum youd think the FAQs were a very well kept secret.
I count 3 virtually identical newb threads requesting spoon fed MMA cardio routines.

Back