Getting Hit With 4oz. Gloves

This is a tough one, its very hard to train with 4 oz gloves. 4 oz gloves basically give just enough protection that you wont break your hands when you hit somebody.

Cant exactly eat punches and adjust to it.

I would say easier to land shots. Big boxing gloves honestly double as shields to protect your self. By having small gloves you need to parry punches and much harder to catch punches.

I wish i can say ive taken shots by 4oz MMA gloves but i havent, I've been hit with 4 oz bag gloves... Theres zero give.

sorry but thats all i got. hope something in there helped.

I agree, It's give and take. The smaller gloves allow you to strike faster and defend slightly quicker. However, you have to block more with your arms and shoulders than with Boxing gloves because they are smaller and harder to block shots with. I'd focus on parry/slipping the punches and footwork moreso than anything else.
Uppercuts and hooks are extremely deceptive with mma gloves because they are harder to see coming. Everything else is virtually the same.

Last thing, start practicing with them on and sparring. You have to get used to using them and getting hit by them.

Edit: Body shots are absolutely brutal with MMA gloves on, so make sure you change levels often. Jab-cross-Hook to mid section> finish with either a leg or body kick to the other side. Also, Knees, tons of them. Kills anyone who's never really kickboxed before in one or two shots. Hopefully you get a BJJ guy with shitty stand-up haha.

Last edited:
Back