getting corizone shots

NUNZIO

White Belt
Reaction score
Is it a normal thing for you fighters and who just train hard to have hip problems and to get cortizone shots in your hips and in your trigger points and hamstrings. I got 14 shots 3 weeks ago,they shot into both hamstrings in my trigger points they shot into my lower back on each side of the lower disks and they used a mixture of cortizone and anti Inflammatory medicine they shot into me and it lasted now for 3 weeks.I know in a few more weeks I'll have to get it done again so I use celebrex and hot baths and a heating pad and ice. I'm also 43

Damn sounds painful. I used celebrex for a back injury. I will never use that stuff again. I had panic and anxiety attacks. I remember sitting on a plane thinking I was going to go crazy. Jeezus, that was the worst fucking shit I have ever taken.

i used celebrex and never had any side effects, wtf was ur shit laced with!

It is reasonably common to get some strains etc there. Find out what you can do to rehabilitate/pre-hab these areas. Probably flexibility?

Work your way into training, one seassion a week for a couple of weeks, then two per week for a while, then three etc

Not sure about the cortizone shots. Did them a few times years ago for my knee, but when decided they weren't for me.

Have you heard of a new topical patch called Flector? It's an NSAID patch. I just starting using it and it works great. I use it on/for my knee and it does a great job.
I also have the Lidacain patch, but the Flector is much better.

I had two shots in my lower back which helped somewhat, I have lost about 50lbs since then and I think that has been the biggest help, I also do alot of core exercises and yoga which I believe helps as well.

I must have gotten a bad batch of celebrex because I never had any issues like one of the posters has had with it.

I do occasionally take Skelaxin which I don't think helps much but when the pain is at a certain point I'm willing to try anything.

Get some ART or Graston's done on your hips, hamstrings and glutes. Works wonders for me.

I love Celebrex and Viox was even better till the lawyers got to it.

I don't think cortizone is going to help with trigger points as they're not simply inflamation. You could probably get ART treated by perscription from your doctor and have it covered by insurance.

I just went and got grayston done.I'll see if it works over a period of time

Back