Getting choked out feels exactly like...

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by NateTx4112, Jul 28, 2010.

1. NateTx4112

NateTx4112 Brown Belt

Passing out while giving blood I just found out. I have given blood several times before but for some reason the lights went out. Woke up after 3 seconds out they said

Coming too felt exactly the same as when I got of out by a purple belt a few weeks back. Fuzzy for a fee seconds and then felt just fine.

2. An end for

An end for Purple Belt

Cool stor-- I mean, it feels just like that. I once passed out when I had a nasty food poisoning and ended up in the hospital. They were poking the needle for the saline in my arm and I started to feel fuzzy and everything went black, although I was aware of what was going on. I just couldn't see, and felt like if I was in a deep sleep, couldn't move at all, and couldn't speak. I grunted three times, and the nurses lowered my head and everything slowly started to come back.

3. NateTx4112

NateTx4112 Brown Belt

Both times I have been out I didn't feel it coming on at all.

4. hilbilygangsta

hilbilygangsta Orange Belt

I passed out after a reaction to a shot I had once. Shit was crazy. I walked into the lobby, started feeling light headed, sat in a chair, next thing I knew I sleeping in my dorm room, but then I wake up and sitting in the lobby chair feelin woozy as fuck.

5. snap-or-tap

snap-or-tap White Belt

I've been choked out 3 times all via triangle. I felt every second of it. Every labored breath, stacked up my partner, one time even getting him halfway up for a "slam" (we don't slam in training, but I will lift my partner while getting triangled to force the release)

Every time I've woken up really woozy and with a monster headache that goes away in a few minutes.

6. BruceOnJuice

BruceOnJuice Blue Belt

Did your bung hole hurt when you woke up?

I choked out my brother from a triangle once. It was in for maybe 6 sec. He went out I let go and picked his legs up and he was fine. I felt sooo bad.:redface:

7. Respeezy

Respeezy Purple Belt

I get pretty annoyed by people who lift me up as like they're going to slam me...
    Thats like faking a punch in a roll to me

8. bnosam

bnosam Green Belt

If that was my doing that to my brother I'd feel great

9. akharon

akharon Blue Belt

Various guys in my gym do that (faking the punch). Nothing crazy, just some super slow mo stuff that doesn't come within 6". It is a self-defense art for many of us, I don't mind it at all, keeps your head where it needs to be, and is a good way to nicely say "Quit stalling, you'd be getting your butt handed to you right now!"

10. bnosam

bnosam Green Belt

Some people do this stuff for self defense, it's a good reminder that if you do it on the street, this could happen.

11. Respeezy

Respeezy Purple Belt

Well whatever you guys like man..
    I suppose you'd understand it too , when someone punches you back as a reflex.

12. Just Me

Just Me White Belt

How common is passing out? Haven't been training long, but never had it done to me (I tap, early and often) and never seen it until last night. On vacation and lucky enough to train with a BB in the area. Previously rolled with the same guy and he got out of a bow and arrow that was pretty tight (for what little I know). Got it again and he didn't tap. Heard gargling. Scared the shit out me. They acted like it was no big deal. This thread sounds like it's no big deal?

13. Belatucadros

Belatucadros Brown Belt

you don't want to be slammed, hook a leg. Simple.

I agree striking shouldn't get involved technically, but what a great reminder that you should be cutting the angle. Hook the leg.

14. NateTx4112

NateTx4112 Brown Belt

It's really not that big of a deal at all. When I got put out during rolling, 30 seconds later after laughing we were back to rolling