Getting baked before a tournament?

mcgoatp4p#1

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this before? Personally I'm not sure if it make my nerves better or 1000 times worse.

Personally I feel more relaxed, aware, and in tune with my body and the moment. I prefer those THC cartridges or a small blunt, but if I smoke too much I feel more angsty.

Its dangerous to your results. Too much and you run the risk of a shit tournament. I saw plenty of pot heads make it to the finals in tough wrestling tournaments ive seen plenty get trashed also. Save if for practice imo

Might make sense for MMA or mortal Kombat style tournaments when you it will help you absorb damage Nick Diaz style. For BJJ I would either tgo for being present or excited not stoned and retarded.

If you already smoke constantly it may not be a big deal. If you do not smoke constantly you should not prior to competition.

Probably not the best thing. As much as I enjoy it smoking weed increases your heart rate and also negatively affects cardio. Two things that are not conducive do high level competition. Especially if everyone else there is trying to win their bracket. From my experience just save it for after the tournament!

Train like you fight. Fight like you train. If you're high 24/7, it probably makes sense to roll high. But if you're not used to rolling while high, I think it's a terrible idea.

Train like you fight. Fight like you train. If you're high 24/7, it probably makes sense to roll high. But if you're not used to rolling while high, I think it's a terrible idea.

I'm stoned about half of the time during training. It definitely relaxes me and helps me be more creative. I come up with stuff out of nowhere, especially escapes, that I definitely wouldn't have thought of if I was sober. I'd probably be too relaxed if I was stoned during a competition, but it's hard to know for sure

I'm stoned about half of the time during training. It definitely relaxes me and helps me be more creative. I come up with stuff out of nowhere, especially escapes, that I definitely wouldn't have thought of if I was sober. I'd probably be too relaxed if I was stoned during a competition, but it's hard to know for sure

If you roll stoned, I'd say compete stoned. Relaxation is not a bad thing in competition. You'll likely avoid adrenaline dump while the other guy suffers from it and gasses. And if you're relaxed, you're less likely to gas. I say it's worth a try since you already roll stoned.

Back