Getting a tumor removed on Tuesday

samurai4287

Green Belt
Reaction score
It is in my subclavicular region....it hurts sometimes when I workout my chest, so I have had to resist going too hard when it comes to the pecs. However, the doctor said I cannot lift for at least two weeks after the surgery....how much of a loss will I see? It shouldn't take that long to get back to normal lifting right? Since I started a year ago, I have been consistent....this kind of sucks. By the way, before anyone asks, I am not sure if it is cancerous yet, they are going to send it to a pathologist after they biopsy it. Either way, it should be treatable if it is because I am assuming it would be an early detection....and if it is, that would obviously make my question void.

Umm I don't know how many doctors are on here... But my inexperienced and ignorant opinion regarding this problem would be, focus on getting that lump taken care of, get back to good health and then resume lifting full blast.

You'll be fine. A little time off actually helps most people. Gives the CNS time to reset. Good luck.

Good luck bro. Don't worry about taking some time off.

Yeah, you have the rest of your life to lift.

2 weeks is nothing... relax man, it will probably just let all your smaller injuries heal up.

Lifting -> straining & increased blood pressure -> possibility of ripped stitches & internal bleeding

If you're ever feeling low about taking time off from lifting, go read Graedy's log. That should get you over the hump.

Back