Getting a dog, any experiences?

Get this

230325-Ride-This-Dog-Into-Battle.jpg

Get a mutt.

If you want one that doesn't shed, get a mutt of one of the 'hypoallergenic' dog breeds - maltese, poodles, etc. I inherited a fucking awesome Maltese - poodle mutt that was the best, smartest dog I ever had, even though he was a bit of a coward. Mine ended up medium sized, not at all toy dog sized.

Mutts - smart, healthier, all around better dogs than purebreeds.
My mutt has had a $300+ health issue every single year I've owned her of nine years. Mange flared up twice, multiple growths removed, teeth removed, xrays. I'm really starting to regret getting her. Get pet insurance.

I got 2 beagles . They will try to cheer you up if your down and will sleep with/on you if you refuse to get up. They dont like other dogs so much but love to be around people. I got them at a depressed moment in my life and it helped a great deal.

Another option is to call a local vet and have them call you when someone brings in a pet to be put down. There's lots of dogs that get put down just because someone moved to a place that can't have dogs. I know a lady that works at a vet clinic and brings home labs, some aren't even a year old and many are pure breds, about every week to rehome instead of being put down.

TS whatever you do, never let your doge alone with defenseless, innocent cabbages.
tumblr_n4z6gz04vQ1qdlh1io1_r1_400.gif

Last edited:
The only problem with mutts is that you don't know what you're going to get. Mine was like a larger, longer and leaner Maltese and was pretty big at about 15 lbs. Between groomings, he'd look like this (almost a dead ringer):

Maltipoo_5380961.jpg

But with a puppy cut, would look just like a big Maltese puppy.

Forgot to say that that dog looks awesome and like a big stuffed animal so your dog did probably too. But poodles are one of the very smartest dogs, so it wasn't strange that your dog was smart. I don't know if other mutts are necessarily also smarter than your average or pure breeds.

Back