GET WELL Mikey T. Thread!

Training for a few weeks on a broken arm and not realising- I'd say you've earned a fair few "man-points."

In Hawaii we say Malama Pono, take care of yourself/body as close to english translation.

Take care, heal right, and rest your mind as much as your body, Peace.

any canadians on here that wanna marry Mikey so he can get insurance?

Ow. What sweep were you going for when the forearm broke? Did you make a mistake or was it just something that happens?

I dont know what I would do if I got injured with no insurance.:icon_cry2

I have no insurance and worry occasionally while in BJJ that something might snap or go wrong :)

Ow. What sweep were you going for when the forearm broke? Did you make a mistake or was it just something that happens?

I dont know what I would do if I got injured with no insurance.:icon_cry2

it was a sweep i've been doing a lot recently from quarter guard. once i have the underhook and my opponent wizzers i put my knee in front of his hips and grab the pants on the outside of his far leg. then i drive into him a bit like i want to get to me knees, when he reacts by wizzering down i use it against him to roll him over. obviously in no-gi you can't grab the pants, so i improvised by underhooking his leg instead; however i don't know how experienced he was because he had a strange reaction that i wasn't ready for.

when i put pressure into him to get him to wizzer me down he he felt like he wizzered me back down like expected, and as i was about to sweep him over the other way he exploded over the way i had been driving him, and between the pressure of me trying to sweep him one way and him sweeping himself the other full force my bone just snapped in half. obviously this couldn't happen to a healthy bone, and it snapped exactly in the same spot that my arm had been bothering me for weeks, so i was told that my arm was already fractured, this just finished it off.

he felt really bad, but it wasn't his fault. everyone there was rolling really light up to that moment, and before that he was going slow also. they knew my arm was bugging me, and i had a few tournaments coming up, i think he said he thought he saw a kneebar or something and thats what he was trying to get when he exploded to his back, but there wasn't one there which confuses me.

I have no insurance and worry occasionally while in BJJ that something might snap or go wrong :)

go get insurance. it's worth every penny. not having insurance has turned this minor obstacle into a nightmare

sorry hear about it man. Injuries are the biggest bullshit in this sport. I fucking hate injuries.

obviously this couldn't happen to a healthy bone, and it snapped exactly in the same spot that my arm had been bothering me for weeks, so i was told that my arm was already fractured, this just finished it off.

I ask because I've been bicep sliced many many times, and after a few weeks soreness has turned into pain. I cant even hold off armbar attempts. Now when people pull my arm it feels like it's going to crack in that exact spot. The only reason I dont release thre grip is because I think to myself "nah, the arm cant really break like that. Not when you are just defending an armbar."

Now this thread has me worried. Luckily my arm has returned to just being sore as opposed to being in pain.

get well soon your videos are great

Yuck. Did you used to have insurance and just recently lost it or have you been training all this time uninsured?

I'm currently uninsured right now, as well. I started a new job and won't have insurance for another 60 days so I have to be careful as well to not injure myself.

I finished a course in business law last semester and I know for a fact that you are covered by your old plan for certain amount of time in between jobs. exactly how long I dont remember, but i know its a reasonable amount of time. Your old plan should still cover you if you just switched jobs recently

do you really need two functional arms to slap on triangles?

really?

good luck big fella.

good luck in your recuperation, and hopefully it is a speedy one. just remember not to rush it, and take the time away from the mats to enjoy the other aspects of your life.

I ask because I've been bicep sliced many many times, and after a few weeks soreness has turned into pain. I cant even hold off armbar attempts. Now when people pull my arm it feels like it's going to crack in that exact spot. The only reason I dont release thre grip is because I think to myself "nah, the arm cant really break like that. Not when you are just defending an armbar."

Now this thread has me worried. Luckily my arm has returned to just being sore as opposed to being in pain.

my original injury is from a bicep slicer (shin in bicep) that i let someone keep on too tight for too long a few weeks ago because i thought the same thing. rather then tapping i waited it out until he loosened up and then escaped. this was a mistake. i would recommend you rest your arm for a bit and don't train until the pain goes away completely, or go get it checked out.

good luck in your recuperation, and hopefully it is a speedy one. just remember not to rush it, and take the time away from the mats to enjoy the other aspects of your life.

other aspects? wtf?

like... like boxing? i only have one arm man!

:icon_chee

Wait? You mean I have 6, 8, maybe 10 weeks to catch up on Mikey T?! I'll be training non-stop, closing the gap, and then...uh...yeah, call me in a decade or so.

Speedy recovery bruddah!

Damn bro, I hope your arm gets better fast. Its good that they don't need to put in any plates or pins in your arm though. Get well soon!

Damn, that sucks, brother. Heal up and, when you're ready, have Todd help you regain your grip strength! :icon_chee

On a serious note, is there anyone in Mikey's neck of the woods who could maybe put on a small tournament with a few sponsors to try and raise a little money for his medical bills?

Hope you get better soon mate.

Being on the shelf is a terrible feeling.

Back