Get rid of Mighty Mouse, but have Lobov and Johnson co main a card

Jawth

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Who needs the title defense record holder when we can have 13-14 and 18-13 fighters to give each other further brain trauma?

This just weeks after they tried to ask us $65 for a random WMMA can to be slaughtered in the main event in MSG. We got pissed enough that the UFC higher ups actually listened. With that in mind, we should get pissed a lot more often. We do not need the talent diluted any further than it already has been with the loss of guys like Bader, Davis, Horiguchi, Mousasi, and Macdonald while filling cards out with WMMA trash.

The UFC actively puts on shitty cards several times a year and wants to trade away a GOAT candidate for someone who hasn't fought anyone decent since Koreshkov in 2013. Dont get me wrong, I'm happy to have him, but not at the price of one of the best to ever fight in the UFC, who is 1-1 with the current 125 champ and lost his belt by contentious decision. Its not even close to a fair trade. Toss some money to ONE, sure. Hes already retired though, he's not going to fight for ONE again anyway. This whole situation is stupid and shows how bush league the UFC management is.

Right lol. What qualifies as a UFC caliber fighter these days has changed.

One is the GOAT the other a midget it's not really a hard choice lol

And CM Punk fighting in main card PPVs as well. lol

That said, I AM interested to see how Askren does in the UFC. Guy is an absolute beast wrestler.

Many people would MUCH rather watch Lobov fight. Myself included.

Sounds like MM is the one that wants out tho
We should wait for all the detail before condemning anyone.

That said, I AM interested to see how Askren does in the UFC. Guy is an absolute beast wrestler.

Most people are, that's not really the point. He's already said he is done unless he comes to the UFC, and wont fight in ONE. He is worthless to ONE, yet the UFC will trade one of its absolute best fighters for his release?

Just cut one a check, they'd be crazy to not take free money since again, Ben was done there anyway. I also think he's actually worth less now than he was when Dana shit all over him and wouldnt offer him a contract. Koreshkov and Lima didnt do it, but one of his no name opponents in ONE did? Or maybe Aoki's undersized shell? Its mind boggling.

But rant aside, yes I want to see if he can hang. I wouldnt mind seeing him against Usman or Ponzi/Magny winner at all. The juice just isnt nearly worth the squeeze.

Sounds like MM is the one that wants out tho
We should wait for all the detail before condemning anyone.

Even if true, my response is "tough shit".

The best fight promoter should have a priority on locking down the best talent available. The UFC has not had this priority for some time, with the loss of several top five fighters over the past several years. Make MM stay and see him against the best. Not crushing absolute cans in Asia.

I think DJ prefers this...

With the way the UFC has been treating him and the fact that Eddie Alvarez just signed an 8 figure deal with ONE...

Seems like Might Mouse would prefer to get paid more money against easier competition...

Even if true, my response is "tough shit".

The best fight promoter should have a priority on locking down the best talent available. The UFC has not had this priority for some time, with the loss of several top five fighters over the past several years. Make MM stay and see him against the best. Not crushing absolute cans in Asia.

In all honesty it's probably that lawsuit that's caused this.

Noticed how it's basically gone away now some nearish top level talent has left?

this.

Askren hasnt fought top tier competition but his wrestling is so dominant im positive he can

Just be happy we're finally getting Ben Askren after years of dumb expensive signings like CP Munk.

UFC is nickle and diming all their fighters. Sad for the UFC, but it'll make all other MMA organizations better. Bellator has gotten 100% better just in the last two years and will continue to do so.

Might want to slow down on blaming the ufc. MM has been vocal about wanting to capture belts in different orgs.

Didn't mm wanna go to one fc and rizin ? Fuck it

Is MM getting fucked here or does he want out? He seemed like he didn't give a fuck about losing his belt.

I dont want to watch midgets fighting. I dont care how technical they are.

Back