Get rid of 10 point must?

If the fight was judged by most damage or who got closer to finish the fight, AS would win no question about it.

Judging should be changed ASAP, I think that's a consensus around here.

Still, AS knew how it was and he knew he was being judged by guys favorable to his opponent. He should never have left it to the judges from the get go.

If the fight was judged by most damage or who got closer to finish the fight, AS would win no question about it.

Judging should be changed ASAP, I think that's a consensus around here.

Still, AS knew how it was and he knew he was being judged by guys favorable to his opponent. He should never have left it to the judges from the get go.

I disagree. I believe that fighters and judges are on two different pages.

Human nature makes a fighter who fucked up his opponent more than his opponent fucked him up will always believe he won. Fighters are too stupid to realize that the 10 point must system is basically 5 fights in 1 and a best of 5 first to 3.

Fighters in General look at the whole fight and not any particular rounds.

I disagree. I believe that fighters and judges are on two different pages.

Human nature makes a fighter who fucked up his opponent more than his opponent fucked him up will always believe he won. Fighters are too stupid to realize that the 10 point must system is basically 5 fights in 1 and a best of 5 first to 3.

Fighters in General look at the whole fight and not any particular rounds.
Maybe.
Another solution is to make this shit more flexible.
Won the round but without much damage? 10-9
Won the round and got a knockdown? 10-8 or 10-7
Nullified your opponent on the ground but without any real danger? 10-9
Nullified your opponent on the ground and constantly came up with dangerous sub attempts? 10-8
Almost KTFO of your opponent with a flying switch knee? 10-5

This would make fights salvageable if a guy becomes agressive and does damage when coming from behind but the other fighter survives.

I'm not against it but it's clear that in a system like that, your actioms in the first two rounds would totally.be forgotten. Guy wins 4 rounds but get hit in the 5th, falls down and spend the rest of the fight holding on to his life. The horn sounds and he almost can't stand up while the other is fresh. Who won?

Not really. Doing more in an uneventful round and winning it should not be the same as destroying the opponent in a round and landing a knee that prolly took 2 or 3 years off his life
Well....he didn't really destroy bisping since bisping won the next round....

They need more 10-8, 10-7, and 10-6 rounds. Also, if they NEVER EVER give anything less than 10-6 rounds (assumign a 10-7 round and point deduction) why the F do we use 10 points?? Can't we use a 5 point must system? Why 10? Does it sounds more impressve to win 30-27 as opposed to 15-12?

It could work but they'd have to tweak it.

I don't like how a fighter can lose one round handily and then squeak out the next round and the fight is even.

A round with a clear winner should be scored 10-8 and closer rounds should be scored 10-9 or 10-10.

As it stands now, 10-8 is onlyawarded when one guy nearly dies.

I'm not saying that would fix everything but it would be better.

They need more 10-8, 10-7, and 10-6 rounds. Also, if they NEVER EVER give anything less than 10-6 rounds (assumign a 10-7 round and point deduction) why the F do we use 10 points?? Can't we use a 5 point must system? Why 10? Does it sounds more impressve to win 30-27 as opposed to 15-12?
Exactly why a 10 point must when I've never seen 5-1?

It could work but they'd have to tweak it.

I don't like how a fighter can lose one round handily and then squeak out the next round and the fight is even.

A round with a clear winner should be scored 10-8 and closer rounds should be scored 10-9 or 10-10.

As it stands now, 10-8 is onlyawarded when one guy nearly dies.

I'm not saying that would fix everything but it would be better.
Exactly. When a fighter does next to nothing why are they given a 9 round? Should be 1 or 2....i mean it's scored 1-10 right?

There is so much that can change. I hope when Mma evolves a bit more we can really judge who won a whole fight instead of judging who won majority of the rounds.

I think there needs to be more point deductions.

Ref didnt stop the fight and Silva is half out of the Octagon. Is there a rule about leaving the cage during a round?

I'm not against it but it's clear that in a system like that, your actioms in the first two rounds would totally.be forgotten. Guy wins 4 rounds but get hit in the 5th, falls down and spend the rest of the fight holding on to his life. The horn sounds and he almost can't stand up while the other is fresh. Who won?
Assuming that the one who can barely stand loses, this seems to be what a lot of people want, actually. Which is weird, because those people complain about point fighting and "stealing rounds". A system like this would let you "steal" the whole fight.

Does it really matter? Are we gonna change the rules now just because Silva lost? He doesn't even care that much. Of course Silva "beat" Bisping, but round by round, Bisping fairly won (just like Silva could have). And that's how every fight has been judged so far.

Pickett is the real loser that got the undeserved W. He lost the fight, the rounds, and got beat up.

Assuming that the one who can barely stand loses, this seems to be what a lot of people want, actually. Which is weird, because those people complain about point fighting and "stealing rounds". A system like this would let you "steal" the whole fight.

Yep. To me it would mean a lot of 10 minutes warm up fighting and then 5 minutes of fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back