Get rid of 10 point must?

Its just zo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I never had a problem with it but I can see its flaws in a fight like this. Usually the winner of the fight wins a majority of the rounds. But there are fights like Silva vs Bisping where 10 point must is basically 5 mini fights instead of 1.

Anderson did way more damage than Bisping did in the whole fight, but did less work in a particular round that really didn't lead to much in the "whole fight" however Bisping won those mini fights (rounds) but he didn't win the fight.

Who can honestly say that if it wasn't a 10 point must round by round system and it's a 10 point must system for the whole fight.. With 5 60 second breaks that Bisping won the" fight"? And this doesn't mean he won a majority of the rounds. Which is basically mini fights.

It means judging the whole fight and not the rounds.

Last edited:
It's mini fights when you officially judge it. However fighters don't look at it that way.. That's why they lose that sense of urgency. Like damn I just opened a Mega gash in this dudes face and it's pouring blood. Something like that is worth a round of basically nothing happening or even decent moments by the opponent.

Why the fuck do they call it a fight when they don't judge a fight????

They judge 5 rounds!!!

They should call it UFC best out of 5 wins ;)

We should petition for all "events" that are officially scored by the 10 point must system CANNOT be called a fight. Instead be called a "best of" or "series".

A fight is a fucking fight.

It's not I totally demolish you for 30 seconds and let you pitter patter me for a few minutes you win.

A fight winner is who wins the fight not the rounds.

I've had a problem with the 10pt system forever in MMA. As Joe Rogan recently said, mma is the only sport that uses another sport's scoring system to decide who wins.

I much prefered Pride's system of judging fights as a whole with the main criteria being based on damage and attempts to finish the fight. I would love seeing a modified version of that. Score round by round so you have a guy in the lead in case of a DQ or NC but have the scores carry over to the succeeding rounds. That way light action rounds aren't counted the same as ones with a lot of action.

Compare Bisping vs Silva to Lawler vs Condit. It's like the judges were scoring under two different systems and just making it up as they go. There's no consistency at all.

I never had a problem with it but I can see its flaws in a fight like this. Usually the winner of the fight wins a majority of the rounds. But there are fights like Silva vs Bisping where 10 point must is basically 5 mini fights instead of 1.

Anderson did way more damage than Bisping did in the whole fight, but did less work in a particular round that really didn't lead to much in the "whole fight" however Bisping won those mini fights (rounds) but he didn't win the fight.

Who can honestly say that if it wasn't a 10 point must round by round system and it's a 10 point must system for the whole fight.. With 5 60 second breaks that Bisping won the" fight"? And this doesn't mean he won a majority of the rounds. Which is basically mini fights.

It means judging the whole fight and not the rounds.

Bisping floored Anderson twice, hit him far more often. Sure Anderson with the few punches he connected with did more cosmetic damage but only really dominated the 5th. Bisping wins under any system but a beauty pageant.

Bisping floored Anderson twice, hit him far more often. Sure Anderson with the few punches he connected with did more cosmetic damage but only really dominated the 5th. Bisping wins under any system but a beauty pageant.

Bisping himself said he needs to go to the hospital. Bisping may have won a majority of the rounds but Silva won the "whole fight".

It's like the judges were scoring under two different systems and just making it up as they go. There's no consistency at all.

It will never be consistent when the judges are different for every event. This same issue is evident in every sport with refs and/or judges.

Bisping himself said he needs to go to the hospital. Bisping may have won a majority of the rounds but Silva won the "whole fight".

If you admit bisping won 15 minutes of the fight and silva won 10 minutes....then why does silva win the whole fight? Because of the one knee that bisping recovered from and won a round after?

Silva gave the fight away in round 4 by side stepping around the cage for 4.5 minutes

The NSAC should implement the "Nick Diaz Rule" in all of its fights.

Whoever receives the most facial damage loses.

It's a sport and should be treated as such. If it's a fight then the scoring is one of many things that don't make sense in MMA.

Honestly, there are academics who use behavioral coding in their research everyday, can't the CSAC go over to UCLA or Cal Berkeley for a few minutes, talk to some smart people, and fix this stupid scoring system? Zuffa can give any psychology department a grant to develop a valid and reliable scoring system, and then Zuffa can lobby to get the Ac's to accept it.

Last edited:
If you admit bisping won 15 minutes of the fight and silva won 10 minutes....then why does silva win the whole fight? Because of the one knee that bisping recovered from and won a round after?

Silva gave the fight away in round 4 by side stepping around the cage for 4.5 minutes

Not really. Doing more in an uneventful round and winning it should not be the same as destroying the opponent in a round and landing a knee that prolly took 2 or 3 years off his life

Of course the system needs to be fixed. People have been complaining about this ever since Pride became big.

The NSAC should implement the "Nick Diaz Rule" in all of its fights.

Whoever receives the most facial damage loses.

Bro that knee was devastating. You can't compare that to an insignificant strike. If there was 10 more seconds left in the round it would be over with a few follow up punches.

I much prefered Pride's system of judging fights as a whole with the main criteria being based on damage and attempts to finish the fight.

Damage and finishing were only tertiary judging criteria. Primarily judging was based on Japaneseness and How Much The Yakuza Like You.

Back