Get ready for empty shelves.

Airdack

sandbagging white belt bjj classes
@Black
Reaction score
My company is running out of warehouse stock due to it being tax return season. We have over a hundred thousand employees. We can't even reach our Chinese vendors, much less figure out PO dates and downtime. The entire Chinese textile industry has grinded to a halt. The provinces effected are the major manufacturing provinces in China. Multiple industries just stopped dead in their tracks. Many of the products you use everyday, as of right now are being shelved with remaining warehouse stock, once that runs out......... good fucking luck

And its not as simple as "well make it in America". Building entire factories, hiring and training a work force, and delivery logistics would bankrupt most companies. People also forget that majority of the large volume "made in the USA* products import the raw materials from China. Many of these factories need to be massive, which in turn produces a shit ton of pollution and waste. Nobody wants that shit near their city.

I'm not worried about this virus on US soil, the economic impact will be staggering if this major shutdown doesn't end in a matter of weeks.

Why can't we just 3D print everything

Well, I guess now's a good time as any to stock up on more toilet paper...I've already got everything else I need...

My company is running out of warehouse stock due to it being tax return season. We have over a hundred thousand employees. We can't even reach our Chinese vendors, much less figure out PO dates and downtime. The entire Chinese textile industry has grinded to a halt. The provinces effected are the major manufacturing provinces in China. Multiple industries just stopped dead in their tracks. Many of the products you use everyday, as of right now are being shelved with remaining warehouse stock, once that runs out......... good fucking luck

And its not as simple as "well make it in America". Building entire factories, hiring and training a work force, and delivery logistics would bankrupt most companies. People also forget that majority of the large volume "made in the USA* products import the raw materials from China. Many of these factories need to be massive, which in turn produces a shit ton of pollution and waste. Nobody wants that shit near their city.

I'm not worried about this virus on US soil, the economic impact will be staggering if this major shutdown doesn't end in a matter of weeks.

Ok, thanks.

we'll probably end up getting shit from India, Taiwan (Taiwan #1), Vietnam or whatever, as China eats shit on the world economic stage, others will take its place

im telling you guys, you gotta hit the liquor store and get the good stuff before shit goes down

You have over 100,000 employees? Where do you work?

You have over 100,000 employees? Where do you work?
Can't say but it's actually over 100k when including the multiple brands we run, which are all impacted by this ongoing situation.

Can't say but it's actually over 100k when including the multiple brands we run, which are all impacted by this ongoing situation.

Vietnam makes a ton of shit we're good. Nah the economy will certainly be effected but we'll bounce back.

Vietnam makes a ton of shit we're good. Nah the economy will certainly be effected but we'll bounce back.
Vietnam makes a bunch of shit, but where do you think huge chuck of the raw materials come from? Factories that produce clothes and merchandise don't have a plastic processing plant or textile factory in house. China is one of the major producers of raw materials. Fabric will be made in China then sent to other SEA countries for actual garment production.

China produces over 40% of the world's textiles for example.

This is one example of a market decimated by this shutdown if it doesn't end soon. There's a reason why the say there is global dependence on China.

Scary and important info from someone on the front lines

Who needs shit off a shelf. Now that Amazon and subscription services are a thing.

Just kidding. But I literally only go to a store for Bread, Egg, & Milk.

Who needs shit off a shelf. Now that Amazon and subscription services are a thing.

Just kidding. But I literally only go to a store for Bread, Egg, & Milk.
Domestic food won't be an issue as long as the virus isn't widespread stateside (which I doubt). People seem to forget that most of the everyday items they use are all made in China.

Your mattress for example is most likely made in the USA, possibly the foam in it is made here to pass certipur certs. The coils, top knit, side fabrics are all imported from China. Plastics is a huge one, almost everything made with plastic has its raw materials from China. Appliances, car parts, furniture, hygienic product bottles, ect. We send our recycled plastics to China to reprocessed into usable plastic. Plastic recycling and processing is a very disgusting polluting industry that nobody wants stateside. Most raw material industries are like that.

People really underestimate how much material comes from China. As of right now all the major industrial provinces are grinded to a half indefinitely. Some are trying to open back up (foxxcon for Apple) and are expected to run at 10% capacity at the most. My industry doesn't even have a time frame yet.

Back