Get into good shape without supplements?

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by noXtransitory**, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noXtransitory**

noXtransitory** Green Belt

I'm 20, roughly 200 pounds at 5ft 10 (I was about 230 a few years ago) and I want to start training MMA, but first I want to get into good shape so I don't gas and obviously look more athletic.

I've considered taking suppliments while I get into shape, but I don't like to, plus I can't have caffeine, which means fat burners are out of the question (yes are know there are caffeine free ones but I've heard that they are a waste of money). Is it possible to get into good shape without them?

Another question is would you recommend I start MMA training as soon as possible or should I get into shape before I start?

Thanks in advance

2. bacon

bacon Silver Belt

Diet and exercise do amazing things. Try them.

3. noXtransitory**

Yeah that goes without saying, but is it possible to get where you want to be without supplements?

4. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

Absolutely.

5. bacon

bacon Silver Belt

Where I want to be? Yes. Where you want to be, I have no idea. Start with diet and exercise. If you feel like you need more, then start experimenting with supps.

6. IDRISCKY

IDRISCKY Purple Belt

Don't listen to these noobs, Bra. You need Cell Tech and BSN.

7. Todd Gack

Todd Gack Dutch

Or you can always pm Zerocrew.

8. TMMAray

TMMAray Blue Belt

I'm pretty sure there have been people who were in good shape since the dawn of mankind, so...yeah, I'd say it's possible to do without supplements.

9. pliftkl

pliftkl Green Belt

Don't get in shape to train, train to get in shape. I've got a cousin who's been "going to start MMA training" as soon as he gets in shape for the last 3 years.

10. StM682

StM682 Blue Belt

No actually its impossible to get in shape with out supplements, what history books left out is that everyone before the supplement age was fat.

11. Ogun

Ogun White Belt

Starting training in MMA immediately. It will put stresses on you that your own program won't, and there is no faster way to train up for MMA like training MMA. You'll be well ahead of the game if you start now rather than do your own thing for a few months, possibly lose your motivation, etc. You'll be sucking wind the first few weeks regardless, might as well get that out of the way. And as far as your goal of looking more athletic, nothing helps that like actually becoming more athletic.

No supps needed. They can help, but not necessary.

12. callador

callador Blue Belt

Look at guys like Paul Anderson and Doug Hepburn, did they have supplements like Jack3d or Rippurzz (I don't know too many supplements) to get really strong? Nope. Guys like Anderson also lifted before the time of big steriod use.

The big thing is having a good diet and a decent workout strategy. Getting enough food is a must, so you may need a protein powder to help out a little, but other than that and a good multi-vitamin, you don't need anything to get strong.

13. Morganation

Morganation Brown Belt

I used to be all about creatine and fat burners and all that stuff.I have found that I am making just as good gains without it,not as hard on the wallet either.

14. callador

callador Blue Belt

Very true! :)

I don't take any supplements either. I would do a protein powder if I needed it, but I currently eat enough regular food to not need it.

15. noXtransitory**

Thanks for the advice guys, theres an MMA gym at home where I'm living now but I'm going back to university in a couple of months where there's a gym less than a mile from where I'm going to be living so it might not be worth starting until I get back. Don't know, I'll have to think about it.

16. JaKob

JaKob Orange Belt

Start training regardless of you're shape... exert yourself as much as physically possible and worth training under will respect you for it. You dont need supplements, eat clean, eat whole, use commonsense.

17. enright3060

enright3060 Brown Belt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.