Get a critique of WWE Boxing (with takedowns)?

TS is trying to be subtle here.

The WWF did do a real fighting 'toughman' scenario where some of their wrestlers actually fought, instead of just doing the scripted entertainment... and it was horrible. They didn't actually know HOW to fight. They couldn't box and they couldn't wrestle.

This is a jab at CM Punk.

All truth until the end. Wasn't a jab at Punk. I remember watching it as a kid and never knew they were legit throwing down until recently.

I was watching it and knew it was all wrong but wished someone more knowledgeable could break it down (any of it).

I'm pretty sure Ken Shamrock was under contract to the WWE at that time and I always wondered why he wasn't included in that. I assume that they just didn't want him in it. I'm also fairly certain Dan Severn was under contract to the WWE then as well.

Ken wasn't but Dan was. He won his fight (not as easily as you might expect with his experience) and quit the next week.

Apparently WWE essentially had a boxing tournament with takedowns called Brawl For All. I never knew it was a legit tournament.

[YT]/rP5XkOk7I1w[/YT]

I hoped one of the striking doctors here could break some of this down. :redface:

Blackman raping Mero is still fun to watch. The Godfather also impressed me.

Blackman raping Mero is still fun to watch. The Godfather also impressed me.

which is weird cus mero was an ex boxer...the godfather trained muay thai; people can train and train legitimately..but still not be good fighters..or look like the pros. Doesn't mean they can't fight per se, they can't fight as good as the pros; which most of us can't.

Back