Gervonta vs LSC generates more or less 250k PPV sales

A little bit less than what Mayweather was typically doing pre Oscar De La Hoya I believe? Gervonta Davis needs to find his Oscar De La Hoya now. Or atleast the closest thing to it during this current time

Better than I expected considering there were some good free fights on that night too.

As much as I do hate his hate, the kid delivers.

I guess he can get a decent "mini Floyd" following, as both fans and people who want to see him get KOed will keep paying.

I lost the bet.

I thought this midget card would do less than 100k,lol!

As much as I do hate his hate, the kid delivers.

I guess he can get a decent "mini Floyd" following, as both fans and people who want to see him get KOed will keep paying.
I am not sure he has the charisma to inspire any intense hate though

I thought Floyd or Tank said this would do 2 million? it didn't exceed expectations then.

Thise are pretty impressive numbers, without covid and proper promotion id think it would have been 350’000 or more. Tank is becoming a draw.

this also shows us that Manny Pacauiao is no longer the name he used to be, his ppv against broner only did 250k and his ppv with Thurman only did 300k its no wonder Mayweather wont entertain a rematch with Pacquiao he doesnt bring the value anymore.

A little bit less than what Mayweather was typically doing pre Oscar De La Hoya I believe? Gervonta Davis needs to find his Oscar De La Hoya now. Or atleast the closest thing to it during this current time
Completely different era. Odds of Tank becoming a mega-star are near zero.

Thise are pretty impressive numbers, without covid and proper promotion id think it would have been 350’000 or more. Tank is becoming a draw.

this also shows us that Manny Pacauiao is no longer the name he used to be, his ppv against broner only did 250k and his ppv with Thurman only did 300k its no wonder Mayweather wont entertain a rematch with Pacquiao he doesnt bring the value anymore.
His fight with Broner did 400k and Thurman 500k.
Since the Mayweather fight he has had 4 ppvs averaging 400k a ppv. And the fight with Horn that did 4.4m viewers on ESPN.
If Pacquiao fights Mikey Garcia that'll do 500k.
If Pacquiao fought Gervonta Davis. Youd get a 1m ppv.

Oscar's first PPV did 330k and his second ppv did 220k.
He didnt hit a 1m ppv buy until his 9th ppv when he fought Trinidad. His fights against Whitaker and Camacho did 720k and 560k (For those wondering)
Pacquiaos first 2 ppvs against Morales did 350k and 360k. His third did 120k against Larios. It wouldn't be until his 9th ppv that he did 1m when he fought Oscar.
So Gervonta is right where they all were when they started.
Mayweather's had 16 ppvs and never sold less than 325k which was his 3rd ppv against Baldomir.

His fight with Broner did 400k and Thurman 500k.
Since the Mayweather fight he has had 4 ppvs averaging 400k a ppv. And the fight with Horn that did 4.4m viewers on ESPN.
If Pacquiao fights Mikey Garcia that'll do 500k.
If Pacquiao fought Gervonta Davis. Youd get a 1m ppv.
I dont believe those numbers, i only believe the jeff horn viewership because it was on espn and they cant fluff tv ratings

I dont believe those numbers, i only believe the jeff horn viewership because it was on espn and they cant fluff tv ratings
400k is a big drop from 4.6m with Mayweather.
And hes not gonna top 500k without an opponent ppl want to see. I think Mikey Garcia can get hit 500-600k, but that wouldnt get to 1m.
It would have to be Gervonta Davis. Mayweather connection, big KO, ppl like him and ppl hate him. That would do over 1m.

Marco Antonio Barrera did decent numbers on ppv. Always hit around 300k-310k for his last two fights against Morales and his fight against Naseem Hamed. Some reason his fight against JMM only did 225k.
But Marquez would outsell them in the future when he fought Manny, Floyd, and Bradley.

Back