News Gervonta Davis vs. Tenshin Nasukawa in April, Says Mayweather

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Lomo is fight to make with Tank but I doubt Mayweayher wants that fight at all.. i think he kept fighting vand forca fee more years then they make a move.

Lol

Japanese promotion taking the kamikaze term 2 serious
it is maybe the dumbest and illogical fight i can recall.

1) if floyd did that to him, what is tank going to do?
2) how much can they possibly be paying tank? it would have to be in the 10's of millions to be ok. and why would anyone buy that?
3) unless, as i said above, the money is that crazy, that is going to really hurt his image. i know floyd has made a career at thumbing his nose at what people think of his image, and tank's image is already shit, but a prime champ fighting a tiny kickboxing kid makes him look ridiculous.

and at least in so many of these other fights of the past, there was a LITTLE intrigue. big man vs little man, conor vs. floyd, etc. even when floyd fought tenshin, there was a little interest to see if floyd still had it. where is the intrigue here? a tiny kickboxer taking on a young killer in his prime has none. unless it is to see whether or not we have an in ring fatality

Lomo is fight to make with Tank but I doubt Mayweayher wants that fight at all.. i think he kept fighting vand forca fee more years then they make a move.
Tank could be made a mandatory for Loma if he chose to move up since Loma holds the WBA lightweight title. That said, Floyd and Arum don’t work well together, so let’s say the fight gets ordered but goes to a purse bid because those 2 won’t work with each other - think Davis is gonna be cool with a 75/25 split for Loma? But the money available makes it PPV territory so they wouldn’t want to go to a purse bid, I doubt with all the money ESPN has paid Top Rank, they’d want to co promote a PPV with Showtime, so that leaves another set of issues.

I just don’t see that fight being viable until early-mid 2020 if not 2021, especially with the bigger money fight for Loma awaiting with Mikey Garcia, which has similar promotional issues with Haymon/Arum

it is maybe the dumbest and illogical fight i can recall.

1) if floyd did that to him, what is tank going to do?
2) how much can they possibly be paying tank? it would have to be in the 10's of millions to be ok. and why would anyone buy that?
3) unless, as i said above, the money is that crazy, that is going to really hurt his image. i know floyd has made a career at thumbing his nose at what people think of his image, and tank's image is already shit, but a prime champ fighting a tiny kickboxing kid makes him look ridiculous.

and at least in so many of these other fights of the past, there was a LITTLE intrigue. big man vs little man, conor vs. floyd, etc. even when floyd fought tenshin, there was a little interest to see if floyd still had it. where is the intrigue here? a tiny kickboxer taking on a young killer in his prime has none. unless it is to see whether or not we have an in ring fatality
Completely agree with you. Man this kid will get hurt

especially with the bigger money fight for Loma awaiting with Mikey Garcia

i don't think it's going to be much of a money fight after spence caves garcia's head in.

Smart by Mayweather, get Tank noticed by the Japanese crowd.

As long as he fights anyone with a pulse soon, he can slap around any clueless victim in the meantime in my book.

I think Tenshin has learned quite a bit from his war with Floyd. He will make the necessary adjustments and hand Davis his first defeat.

I doubt the fight will happen though. Tank doesn't really want that smoke.

I think Tenshin has learned quite a bit from his war with Floyd. He will make the necessary adjustments and hand Davis his first defeat.

giphy.gif

Kickboxers are overrated and Davis is good enough to KO Loma already

Book it.

This will put an end to people saying Davis needs to fight better competition and who are his own size.

I won’t believe this until I see Rizin announce it.

Davis should be fighting again in three weeks time, not three months.

Aside from the difficulties working with Arum, I get what mayweather is trying to do. Build up Davis's popularity, markiting brand by feeding him guys that he can destroy. To the point were he can draw in more ppl and sell even more when setting up big fights. Then and only then you'll hear mayweather call out bigger names.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back