Gervonta Davis vs Ryan Garcia

you don’t think he’s very good at 22? What is your standard for good at 22?

was his amateur good to you?

just curious.
We're talking about right now though. Will be become good when he's 28? Nobody knows but as of right now, he's clearly not that good. He has no footwork and no defense. Speed and power alone can only get you so far. There's no other fighter in the top 5 he could realistically beat.

Why doesnt garcia wait for a couple years though , he's green af and gervonta will never give him a rematch if he loses due to inexperience

Last edited:
Why doesnt garcia weight for a couple years though , he's green af and gervonta will never give him a rematch if he loses due to inexperience
Nah fuck it, thats boxing pre covid. If the kid fancies it, awesome. They're all familiar with eachother which tempers the reluctance. 15 love le flash, Tank's move. The pressure's on his nxt fight announcement.

Nah fuck it, thats boxing pre covid. If the kid fancies it, awesome. They're all familiar with eachother which tempers the reluctance. 15 love le flash, Tank's move. The pressure's on his nxt fight announcement.

Pressure isn't on Tank at all. Garcia's mouth is mouth is moving for Instagram followers. It's impossible to get this fight done without a live gate to start with. Everyone knows tha. That's reality

Why doesnt garcia wait for a couple years though , he's green af and gervonta will never give him a rematch if he loses due to inexperience

Only thing I disagree with here is the rematch. Garcia and Gervonta have rematch clauses in every contract.

We're talking about right now though. Will be become good when he's 28? Nobody knows but as of right now, he's clearly not that good. He has no footwork and no defense. Speed and power alone can only get you so far. There's no other fighter in the top 5 he could realistically beat.
Wow

Tell me one defensive move Garcia has at his disposal besides extending his hands and backing away in a straight line with his chin up in the air. No, eating a punch to land two punches isn't a defensive move.

He can't catch, he can't block, he can't deflect, he can't slip, he can't roll under, he can't shoulder roll. He can only step away and he doesn't even do it right.

Lopez and Davis would knock him out. Loma and Haney would pick him apart. How exactly is he supposed to beat any of them?

Tell me one defensive move Garcia has at his disposal besides
extending his hands and backing away in a straight line with his chin up in the air. No, eating a punch to land two punches isn't a defensive move.

He can't catch, he can't block, he can't deflect, he can't slip, he can't roll under, he can't shoulder roll. He can only step away and he doesn't even do it right.

Lopez and Davis would knock him out. Loma and Haney would pick him apart. How exactly is he supposed to beat any of them?
Canelo will show him in no time

Tell me one defensive move Garcia has at his disposal besides extending his hands and backing away in a straight line with his chin up in the air. No, eating a punch to land two punches isn't a defensive move.

Lol @ Haney picking him apart, or Davis taking a real fight. Loma will get bounced back to 130, and honestly I think Garcia moves up anyway. He might lose here and there eventually but hes gonna get matched carefully and probably beat some of the guys you mentioned while hes at it too. Get used to it me thinks. Lopez rightfully favored over him though, and that isnt a fight he'll will IMO. But who really knows?

. Loma will get bounced back to 130,
Nothing wrong for him. If compare with Campbell etc he might make 130 lbs easily and there no problems besides fans demanding undefeated record.
And the same Loma performed vs Campbell a bit better not worse than Garcia. Yes, he didn't stopped him but looked more impressive and wasn't down vs Campbell.

He might lose here and there eventually but hes gonna get matched carefully
With Tank doesn't looks that to rush with this is smart choice.
Tank looks small because he is short and with short reach for his weight class but he is athletic dude.
Ofc course Kingryang does have chance to stop him until he closed distance.
Tank isn't Campbell and doesn't prefer style like Campbell at all.

How might look fight Tank vs Garcie today? If he will not land on him properly, Tank will get too close and then........
He will throw and a lot and will do all the best not allow for him to manage get long distance fight again.
Tank in close range will have some advantages usually " smaller " guys does have and he will throw a lot.
Without thinking about potenatial cards.
If Garcie now had Tank instead of Campbell, he had finished him in distance.

Ryan Garcia has greater potential than Tank and probably beats him in 2 years. But right now it's a tough fight for him. He can pull it off and become great, but it's a tall order.

Have you seen this kid on a cobra bag or in drills? He's got catlike reflexes It wouldn't take much for him to improve his defenses

Lol @ Haney picking him apart, or Davis taking a real fight. Loma will get bounced back to 130, and honestly I think Garcia moves up anyway. He might lose here and there eventually but hes gonna get matched carefully and probably beat some of the guys you mentioned while hes at it too. Get used to it me thinks. Lopez rightfully favored over him though, and that isnt a fight he'll will IMO. But who really knows?
This is purely based on assumptions and wishful thinking on your part with no technical analysis whatsoever. Garcia cannot beat one of the 4 best lightweights in the world because he has the same level of defense and footwork as somebody with 1 year of boxing experience.

1. All it took for Campbell to land a cross flush on his jaw was a level-changing feint. You're not supposed to get hit 100% with a cross that wasn't set up by any punches when you're still fresh. You're supposed to instinctively use your arms, upper-body movement or head movement to either make it miss or land at less than 100%. Garcia is incapable of doing so because his only defensive strategy is to step back with his feet, which is the slowest form of defense. As a result, he cannot defend a punch he didn't see coming from a mile away and has to utilize his offense to deter his opponents from attacking him in the first place. When your only mean of effective defense is offense, it screams disaster.

2. Prior to the knockdown and for pretty much the entire fight, Garcia was keeping his lead foot on the inside of Campbell's lead foot and only stepped outside to put together combinations. It's like he doesn't understand you have to move your feet in the ring and it has to be in a non-random way and sometimes, you have to do it preemtively. Yes, he's fast. Yes, he can punch. Yes, he can even throw multiple punches in a row but boxing is 1/3 footwork, 1/3 punches and 1/3 defense against punches. Most importantly, boxing is not a sport where you can defeat fighters of the caliber of Lopez, Loma, Tank or Haney when 2/3 of your game is barely Junior Golden Gloves level, even if you're athletic.

Last edited:
I have this fight closer. Tank knocked out a guy coming up multiple weight classes and going 12 with a 40 Gamboa is not impressive. Plus can he really carry the power moving up to Ryan’s weight? Tank seems to get tired allot.
Ryan’s win was legit against an actual top guy.

This is purely based on assumptions and wishful thinking on your part with no technical analysis whatsoever. Garcia cannot beat one of the 4 best lightweights in the world because he has the same level of defense and footwork as somebody with 1 year of boxing experience.

1. All it took for Campbell to land a cross flush on his jaw was a level-changing feint. You're not supposed to get hit 100% with a cross that wasn't set up by any punches when you're still fresh. You're supposed to instinctively use your arms, upper-body movement or head movement to either make it miss or land at less than 100%. Garcia is incapable of doing so because his only defensive strategy is to step back with his feet, which is the slowest form of defense. As a result, he cannot defend a punch he didn't see coming from a mile away and has to utilize his offense to deter his opponents from attacking him in the first place. When your only mean of effective defense is offense, it screams disaster.

2. Prior to the knockdown and for pretty much the entire fight, Garcia was keeping his lead foot on the inside of Campbell's lead foot and only stepped outside to put together combinations. It's like he doesn't understand you have to move your feet in the ring and it has to be in a non-random way and sometimes, you have to do it preemtively. Yes, he's fast. Yes, he can punch. Yes, he can even throw multiple punches in a row but boxing is 1/3 footwork, 1/3 punches and 1/3 defense against punches. Most importantly, boxing is not a sport where you can defeat fighters of the caliber of Lopez, Loma, Tank or Haney when 2/3 of your game is barely Junior Golden Gloves level, even if you're athletic.
Nope.

Haney is a pitter patter hitter who jumps around alot burning unnecessary energy just to constantly make the mistake of backing straight up. Garcia is taller, longer reach, hits harder, and already beat him in ammies. Tank wont fight anyone with a pulse, and Loma probably going to 130. Anyone else is either #1 at the weight or will lose to Ryan.

Ryan Garcia has greater potential than Tank and probably beats him in 2 years. But right now it's a tough fight for him. He can pull it off and become great, but it's a tall order.

Garcia commented recently that he plans to retire at age 26. I guess doesn't matter, since he probably won't and that is in 4 years. But he is not staying at this weight for 2 more years. He is 5'10, broad shoulder, and will not be able to make weight.

Tank is also 5'5 at best, and LSC was 5'7. LSC was landing well, just did not have the power, let alone Garcia's reach. LSC also has a similar style to Garcia in that Garcia doesn't move that much, he likes to stand and trade with his speed. I think his size adv over tank would be too much for Tank, even at this stage of Garcia's career/ Plus in the Campbell fight, he showed grit.

I am not a fan of either fighter though, so I would be very entertained by this fight, as there will be violence, and I expect a KO/TKO. I do enjoy their fights, but they are heel's to me, which is always needed in sports/entertainment

Garcia commented recently that he plans to retire at age 26. I guess doesn't matter, since he probably won't and that is in 4 years. But he is not staying at this weight for 2 more years. He is 5'10, broad shoulder, and will not be able to make weight.

Tank is also 5'5 at best, and LSC was 5'7. LSC was landing well, just did not have the power, let alone Garcia's reach. LSC also has a similar style to Garcia in that Garcia doesn't move that much, he likes to stand and trade with his speed. I think his size adv over tank would be too much for Tank, even at this stage of Garcia's career/ Plus in the Campbell fight, he showed grit.

I am not a fan of either fighter though, so I would be very entertained by this fight, as there will be violence, and I expect a KO/TKO. I do enjoy their fights, but they are heel's to me, which is always needed in sports/entertainment
Good breakdown. I dont think fight happens though.

Back