Gerrard to leave Liverpool at end of the season

Also, remember this?

safrjy5w.gif

at least he can be happy knowing he has won as many epl titles as me

Gerrard did more in that final imo

The goal and he won the penalty
Alonso scored too and he played in the dmf role as to opposed Gerrard's cm/freerole roaming. Milan had Crespo, Shevchenko upfront with Kaka, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo midfield. Having Alonso helped to deal with Milan attack in a major way.

Also Mascherano didnt play in 2005 final. Joined Pool for the 2006-07 season and played 11 games for them.

Alonso scored too and he played in the dmf role as to opposed Gerrard's cm/freerole roaming. Milan had Crespo, Shevchenko upfront with Kaka, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pirlo midfield. Having Alonso helped to deal with Milan attack in a major way.

Also Mascherano didnt play in 2005 final. Joined Pool for the 2006-07 season and played 11 games for them.

Milan hit the breaks then shat the pitch at the start of the second half

Alonso was nowhere to be seen in the first half

Milan hit the breaks then shat the pitch at the start of the second half

Alonso was nowhere to be seen in the first half
Was weird to see a proper Milan side choke that hard.

Same could be said for entire Pool team to be fair. Hmm gotta see highlights of the game now :icon_lol:

All you cans are forgetting that Didi Hamann fixed the defensive hole of the first half. Unsung hero of that final.

Why he didnt start the game?

He was behind the pecking order. Gerrard and Alonso were the young and fresh, while Hamann was closer to the end of his career. His function was more of a supersub.

Not the smartest of choices, since Capt'n and Xabi aren't that great at doing the defensive job. Hence, that's why Mascherano arrived a couple of seasons later.

Scholes was a beast, built like a rock, heavy tackler, great shooting, good range of passing. Fat Frank was less complete and slower, but he was smart, with a great line-crossing first touch and most importantly , he "had goal" a plenty - as we say in Spain.

But, Gerrard, in his prime, in certain matches, he looked like an adult playing with kids: he was everywhere doing everything everytime, tackling, passing shooting, heading... posibly the nearest thing to Di Stefano he had seen in modern times. Above all, i loved the special trait of his passing game. i dont have the means to really explain myself here but if one could say Fat frank and Scholes were more academic in their passing/understanding of the game - to the point you could almost anticipate their next move - Gerrard always had this peculiar - if i may say so - quintaessentially english flair in his choice of play.

Scholes was a beast, build like a rock, heavy tackler, great shooting, good range of passing. Fat frank was less complete and slower, but he was smart, with a great line-crossing first touch and most imoprtantly , he "had goal" a plenty - as we say in Spain.

But, Gerrard, in his prime, in certain matches, he looked like an adult playing with kids: he was everywhere doing everything everytime, tackling, passing shooting, heading... posibly the nearest thing to Di Stefano he had seen in modern times. Above all, i loved the special trait of his passing game. i dont have the means to really explain myself here but if one could say Fat frank and Scholes were more academic in their passing/understanding of the game - to the point you could almost anticipate their next move - Gerrard always had this peculiar - if i may say so - quintaessentially english flair in his choice of play.

Gerrard is hollywood. Loves the headlines, players like that will always standout more.

He was too reckless for my taste. Left the defenders exposed too many times.

Back