Germany warns its citizens to stockpile food and water in case of terror attack

Son of Jamin

Make MMA Great Again
@Silver
Reaction score
Germans will have to stock the enough food for ten days and enough water for five days , a newspaper has reported

The German government is planning to tell citizens to stockpile food and water in their homes in case of a terror attack or catastrophe.

The "Concept for Civil Defence," which has not been released, will require the population to stockpile enough food for ten days, according to Frankfurter Allgemmeine Sonntagszeitung (FAZ) newspaper.

Citizens would also be required to stock enough water for five days.

Measures have been announced this month by the government to invest more on its police and security forces including creating a special unit to fight cyber crime and terrorism.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...overnment-terrorism-a7203376.html#commentsDiv
doomsday_preppers_ver2.jpg

@JDragon

What is your take on this?

I wonder what are they planning a major lock down of down town?

Probably should be doing that anyway. Pretty basic disaster preparedness. Terror attack or otherwise.

10 days worth of food and 5 days supply of water is "stock piling"? Hah.
I guess if you live in an apartment and eat out all the time...

Last edited:
10 days worth of food and 5 days supply water is "stock piling"? Hah.
I guess if you live in an apartment and eat out all the time...

Does this make sense? Wouldn't it be 10 days of water and 5 food or 10 each? Being you can go a week without food, but need water almost daily.

Probably should be doing that anyway. Pretty basic disaster preparedness. Terror attack or otherwise.

Most people are linking this to a "Day After Tomorrow" scenario I'm sure.

Does this make sense? Wouldn't it be 10 days of water and 5 food or 10 each? Being you can go a week without food, but need water almost daily.

I assumed they meant enough water for more than just drinking, but I don't really know who and what exactly their supposed to be addressing.
Plumbed rain water tanks are mandatory here, and 10 days worth of food just sounds like a normal weeks shopping trip.

They are preparing for a zombie apocalypse.

#zombielivesmatter

I assumed they meant enough water for more than just drinking, but I don't really know who and what exactly their supposed to be addressing.
Plumbed rain water tanks are mandatory here, and 10 days worth of food just sounds like a normal weeks shopping trip.

I see. It doesn't rain here.

I see. It doesn't rain here.

It doesn't rain here either. Driest state on the driest continent (excluding Antartica). That's why plumbed rainwater tanks are mandatory. They aren't small tanks...

It doesn't rain here either. Driest state on the driest continent (excluding Antartica). That's why plumbed rainwater tanks are mandatory. They aren't small tanks...

sweet, you live in Antarctica?

Refugees welcome! Bring all of the Middle East! By the way, you guys might want to prep, there's probably a bunch of terrorists heading our way. Refugees welcome!

That's drier than Adelaide, but not most of the state.

Adelaide is about 21", which we would probably drown in all that rainfall, unimaginable.

Adelaide is about 21", which we would probably drown in all that rainfall, unimaginable.

Adelaide's below the temperate "wheat belt", most of SA is above it. They still have mandatory rainwater tanks in Lyndhurst and Woomera, which get less than 190mm per annum.
You don't get an exemption until you get to places like Coober Pedy or Roxby Downs, which are less than 160mm a year.

Last edited:
Back