Germany to become the censorship capital of the world

Looks like its happening fellas. The progressive agenda has been debunked so people will be soon fishing through anything deemed to be fake news or posts they dislike 24/7, 365 days a year. You will be snitched on, and reported if somebody disapproves of your content/post on FB. You can forget all the BS about having your freedom of speech because progressives are taking action, well in Germany anyway:

"If after appropriate examination Facebook does not delete the offending post within 24 hours, then it should expect individual fines of up to €500,000," Opperman told Der Spiegel.

"Facebook has not used the opportunity to effectively regulate the issue of complaint management itself," he added. So he now wants to "legally oblige market-leading platforms such as Facebook to set up a legal protection centre that is accessible 365 days a year in Germany". The office would be responsible for removing defamatory, false and offensive content.

The proposal, which Opperman said already has support from the leading Christian Democratic Union, comes after Facebook said it will introduce tools to prevent the spread of fake news on its platform.

Under the changes, there will now be a simple way for users to flag stories they think could be fake, which the company will then fact check alongside organisations such as Snopes.

In the interim, disputed stories will appear lower in users' News Feed and once flagged cannot be boosted with a paid-for promotion.

Watch | Facebook's Zuckerberg: Fake News Didn't Drive Election

02:51

It appeared to be an about-face after Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook's chief executive, dismissed claims that fake and misleading news had helped Donald Trump secure the US presidency as a "crazy idea".

Facebook and Google last month teamed up with a pledge to ban websites peddling fake news from advertising on their services. Back in October Google said it would also start fact checking online news stories. "

Goodnight sweet Germany.
Why are you creating blatantly inaccurate titles? Should we buy into your exaggeration just because your final point may be accurate? How about you STFU with the bs, tell us the actual facts and not try to sway our opinion by being a disgusting liar. Or maybe just join mainstream media.

Sorry. They have Oktoberfest.

I am willing to forgive all else because of that.

<41>
Which is why we haven't annihilated them (yet)

In due time another country will take its place and only then will we get our solution to the German problem

I believe I've come to the conclusion that East Germany won the German cold war. They just re-branded themselves Progressives and went back to doing what they always did. Now that tensions are flaring and the reigns of control are slipping they've turned to some of their tried and truth methods.

I believe Stasi, and likely KGB, agents and sympathizers have infiltrated the German government and the EU.
I believe you're wrong.

Why can't Germany do something without going so far that they have to censor and apply by force?

Germany also to become terror attack capital in the West.

Germany is the linchpin of Europe. It's financial powerhouse. If the globalists can ruin Germany and then France all others will fall.

We are going to witness it in our lifetime. Amazing.

China approves this message

The most mind boggling thing is - Germany have been progressive for a long time, but now they are going backwards, and heading for a route which could end up like China. They appear to be taking a step backwards with this one. People will be to afraid to post what's on their mind for the fact they could be penalized or ridiculed. This is the end goal to suppress people with different views from their own.

What a fantastic way to get your message across eh?

Germany fucking stinks. Most overrated people ever. They've destroyed Europe like 3 times before and are looking for another go. They're extremists no matter what direction they are in. Go full Nazi or full Cuck.

Pretty much this. Germans seem unable to take the middle ground. They either rape, pillage and burn their way across Europe, or lie back with their legs spread for the scum of the earth.

Octoberfest offends many of their new residents though.

Women without their heads covered, barely dressed women exposing cleavage and legs, and lots of booze. And a climate/cultural expectation for easy premarital sex.

This offends devout Muslim men

Devout Muslim.

Man.

Pick one.:rolleyes:

You know, Sherdog needs to adopt Facebook's fact-checking algorithm, especially here in the War Room. Too many idiots here need to be bitchslapped by the truth.

Oppermann is one of the biggest pieces of shit in politics, pure human scum.

How utterly ignorant about the world must you be to think that fining Facebook for not deleting fake news is the largest extent of censorship going on anywhere in the world? Alternatively how dumb do you have to be to think that level of hyperbole has any place?

Regarding the general topic, the spreading of false information is a tricky matter. It's certainly a problem, which is shown well here in the WR with people consistently bringing out information from highly flawed sources without criticism since the source says what they want to hear, but to make sure systems to prevent it never do more than that is hard. Systems can easily become abused, which we've already seen happen with the surveillance laws.

Germany immediately pre-WW1 is GOAT status. Cities like Hamburg and Munich are awesome. Places like Berlin are too crazy for me personally though.

Yeah and mass immigration and multiculturalism is going to ruin these cities and prevent Germany from reaching such a high status.

I think North Korea and Saudi Arabia are still miles ahead in that particular race.

How utterly ignorant about the world must you be to think that fining Facebook for not deleting fake news is the largest extent of censorship going on anywhere in the world? Alternatively how dumb do you have to be to think that level of hyperbole has any place?

Regarding the general topic, the spreading of false information is a tricky matter. It's certainly a problem, which is shown well here in the WR with people consistently bringing out information from highly flawed sources without criticism since the source says what they want to hear, but to make sure systems to prevent it never do more than that is hard. Systems can easily become abused, which we've already seen happen with the surveillance laws.

The problem here is, once again, who gets to decide and draw the limit on what is fake news? If a Donald Trump were given such power, he would likely shut down a number of media operations, but I suppose a lot of people wouldn't agree that these are "fake news". None of that matters when you have the legal power to do so and the institutions capable of executing the order.

I believe that we ought to allow factually incorrect information to come out, stay vigilant and simply keep fact-checking and challenging the arguments whenever any kind of falsehoods come out, instead of, once again, granting this power to an authority who gets to decide what is to be regarded as fake and what is not to be, in our stead, taking away another one of our basic responsibilities (to separate truths from the mistruths).

In Germany, I especially see this tendency to create an over-whelmingly powerful, all-encompassing system, which we best hope never ends up in the hands of an extremist.

Last edited:
The problem here is, once again, who gets to decide and draw the limit on what is fake news? If a Donald Trump were given such power, he would likely shut down a number of media operations, but I suppose a lot of people wouldn't agree that these are "fake news". None of that matters when you have the legal power to do so and the institutions capable of executing the order.

I believe that we ought to allow factually incorrect information to come out, stay vigilant and simply keep fact-checking and challenging whenever any kind of falsehoods come out, instead of, once again, granting this power to an authority who gets to decide what is to be regarded as fake and what is not to be, in our stead.

In Germany, I especially see this tendency to create an over-whelmingly powerful, all-encompassing system, which we best hope never ends up in the hands of an extremist.

I agree, but regarding fake news that can only relate to verifiable facts. And the topic was not about shutting down media operations but to remove items of false news (I guess the equivalent of forcing a live news channel to retract something).

I'm not advocating a system like this, especially not after only thinking about it for a few minutes, but overall we need to learn how to deal with false information better. I believe information will become more and more important, both in relations within a country and between countries.

I agree, but regarding fake news that can only relate to verifiable facts. And the topic was not about shutting down media operations but to remove items of false news (I guess the equivalent of forcing a live news channel to retract something).

I'm not advocating a system like this, especially not after only thinking about it for a few minutes, but overall we need to learn how to deal with false information better. I believe information will become more and more important, both in relations within a country and between countries.

I believe we simply need to be more effective about teaching people to use their own brains and how to be critical when processing information (from any source, really, nowadays), instead of having someone else do their thinking for them.

It just sets a bad precedent when people need to be told that this and that site are literally generating bullshit stories for a living. We have to be able to trust the individuals to be able to do even that much, and that our communities are active enough and capable enough intellectually to be able to point out obvious mistruths, without having someone else holding them by the hand. If they aren't, then we should work on raising a generation of people who have a healthy sense of cynicism and appreciation for the facts, even when their initial emotional responses are not in line with the evidence that was presented to them.

These sorts of mechanisms, to combat such "issues", are what spawns in the mind of a bureaucrat, seeking to indulge himself in ever-increasing power. They do not really have the capacity to think of any other sorts of solutions outside of making up new laws and hoping someone will be around to enforce them.

Last edited:
Back