Crime German Neo-Nazi attempts mass killing at synagogue, kills two with improvised submachine gun

We get a id on what type of jihadist the guy is yet?

I would guess it's called 'locked steel door'

This is what bothers me the most. You and I grew up in relatively harmonious countries where modern measures such as security thinking are still difficult to digest. Did these synagogues and churches have a steel door 10 years ago? That we in the workplace hold exercises with the police how to handle aggressive situations? That all hospital staff working in the emergency department in Sweden must undergo a compulsory course in how to deal with angry men and large groups and families who can enter the operating room to say that I know your name and where you live to a doctor who is trying to save the life of a criminal? It is part of the medical education program to receive threats at the workplace.

There are so many examples in our working day in Sweden where we have to adapt to a mentality that is so aggressive that we almost don't know how to meet it, as it is so foreign to us. The security industry is doing very well when we use security guards in places that would have been unthinkable 10 years ago. Swimming pools, churches, schools, kindergartens, hospitals, social services, libraries.

Sometimes you wonder if you live in a full-scale war.

Probably right wing attack given the targets (Kebap & Synagogue) and the military-style clothing (most muslim terrorists only wear masks, not protective clothing).

The attack also doent seem that sophisticated (rental car, really ?)

This is what bothers me the most. You and I grew up in relatively harmonious countries where modern measures such as security thinking are still difficult to digest. Did these synagogues and churches have a steel door 10 years ago? That we in the workplace hold exercises with the police how to handle aggressive situations? That all hospital staff working in the emergency department in Sweden must undergo a compulsory course in how to deal with angry men and large groups and families who can enter the operating room to say that I know your name and where you live to a doctor who is trying to save the life of a criminal? It is part of the medical education program to receive threats at the workplace.

There are so many examples in our working day in Sweden where we have to adapt to a mentality that is so aggressive that we almost don't know how to meet it, as it is so foreign to us. The security industry is doing very well when we use security guards in places that would have been unthinkable 10 years ago. Swimming pools, churches, schools, kindergartens, hospitals, social services, libraries.

Sometimes you wonder if you live in a full-scale war.

The last sentence is probably true if you live in Malmö, but otherwise it's obviously hyperbole. But the general feeling of increased aggressiveness is true.

Probably 2 or 3 guys who got their hands on some weaponry in Eastern Europe, ordered some military clothing and went for it.

I doubt they were even smart enough to know that its Yom Kippur, probably just a coincidence.

Otherwise there mightve been 50-100 deaths.

Probably 2 or 3 guys who got their hands on some weaponry in Eastern Europe, ordered some military clothing and went for it.

I doubt they were even smart enough to know that its Yom Kippur, probably just a coincidence.

Otherwise there mightve been 50-100 deaths.
You don't think they can Google 'Jewish holidays'?

On which other days would you find 100 Jews in one spot in Halle?

Federal prosecutor says there is sufficient evidence to suspect a right-wing extremist motivation.

Federal prosecutor says there is sufficient evidence to suspect a right-wing extremist motivation.

I think what you mean to say is that mental illness is clearly the problem, this has nothing to do with any sort of political movement.

The larping in "tactical" gear plus surrendering rather than shooting it out to the death had me leaning far right rather than Muslim already.

No suspect name released yet

Also, on the still of the guy with gun raised left handed, it's grainy but that looks to me like a single shot break action shotgun. Wow, 1/10 on weapon choice for terror attack if so. Knife would be deadlier against group of people. Cnn not letting me copy link url to embed here.

The larping in "tactical" gear plus surrendering rather than shooting it out to the death had me leaning far right rather than Muslim already.

No suspect name released yet

Also, on the still of the guy with gun raised left handed, it's grainy but that looks to me like a single shot break action shotgun. Wow, 1/10 on weapon choice for terror attack if so. Knife would be deadlier against group of people. Cnn not letting me copy link url to embed here.

Eastern Germany tipped me off.

Update: second suspect still at large (i.e. the picture from before was a false alarm).

First suspect undergoing surgery after he apparently was arrested following a car crash. Hope he survives and will live in a world of pain

@Cubo de Sangre Why is the gun in that Twitter video producing so much smoke?
It looks like some improvised shotgun possibly shooting homemade cartridges with bad quality powder. A shotgun of some kind would be the easiest gun to improvise since there's no rifling.
Or germans just like smoke.

It looks like some improvised shotgun possibly shooting homemade cartridges with bad quality powder. A shotgun of some kind would be the easiest gun to improvise since there's no rifling.
Or germans just like smoke.

Police found cartridges:

2,w=468,c=0.bild.jpg

Back