Elections German Bundestag elections 2021: End of an era

lol'd at "all girls have left East Germany" because it is so true, Ok maybe I should cry instead.

My co-worker, also a CDU voter who wants them to go back to being more conservative again, just texted me. Basically a few rants and insults about Laschet and finished with "I hope Bouffier, Schäuble and Laschet hang themselves after the election loss".

<escalate99>

I might have provoked him by sending a Laschet gif tbf.

lol'd at "all girls have left East Germany" because it is so true, Ok maybe I should cry instead.

My co-worker, also a CDU voter who wants them to go back to being more conservative again, just texted me. Basically a few rants and insults about Laschet and finished with "I hope Bouffier, Schäuble and Laschet hang themselves after the election loss".

<escalate99>

I might have provoked him by sending a Laschet gif tbf.

CDU voters are somewhat fucked. If they vote AfD, they vote for extremists in reality. They can vote FDP (and probably will), but the FDP is socially rather progressive. If they want a calm statist party, they can actually go for the Green option (if you can look past the gender bs).

So I expect low turnout from CDU loyalists. The reaction I get from potential CDU voters, but also from others, is sheer disbelief and anger. People would have campaigned for Söder and turned out for him. Literally no one wants Laschet.

I read an interesting article in Die Zeit this morning. Essentially Laschet told Söder already on Monday early morning that it is over for him and the CDU cannot reliniquish candidacy because of the current weakness kf the party. This triggered disbelief in the CSU, whose reps said "you cannot seriously stake the claim for candidacy based on the fact that your party is in disarray right now?! " to which Laschet did not respond.

They likened the situation to Söder saying "well folks, if you insist on driving a Twingo instead of a BMW in this campaign, then so be it, don't say I did not warn you".

CDU voters are somewhat fucked. If they vote AfD, they vote for extremists in reality. They can vote FDP (and probably will), but the FDP is socially rather progressive. If they want a calm statist party, they can actually go for the Green option (if you can look past the gender bs).

So I expect low turnout from CDU loyalists. The reaction I get from potential CDU voters, but also from others, is sheer disbelief and anger. People would have campaigned for Söder and turned out for him. Literally no one wants Laschet.

I read an interesting article in Die Zeit this morning. Essentially Laschet told Söder already on Monday early morning that it is over for him and the CDU cannot reliniquish candidacy because of the current weakness kf the party. This triggered disbelief in the CSU, whose reps said "you cannot seriously stake the claim for candidacy based on the fact that your party is in disarray right now?! " to which Laschet did not respond.

They likened the situation to Söder saying "well folks, if you insist on driving a Twingo instead of a BMW in this campaign, then so be it, don't say I did not warn you".
I voted FDP a few times, also don't care that they are socially progressive so that wouldn't be that much of a problem. Lindner however is becoming worse and worse, which is the main problem for me. IMO it was unfair to blame him for the blown coalition that one election because the FDP would basically have given up every position they campagned for. I'm not sure why the media attacked him like that, if I vote for a program I don't want that to be thrown away for a coalition. But right now he is kind of annoying.

Apparently Söder asked Laschet if the CDU will support him if he wins anyway, to which the reply was "Auf keinen Fall!"...disgusting. Hope the stuff in Focus and Zeit will become mainstream info.

I won't vote AFD, currently I am actually debating voting Green to do my little part that the current CDU falls apart, or not vote at all. There is no way in hell I vote for Laschet.

Apparently Söder asked Laschet if the CDU will support him if he wins anyway, to which the reply was "Auf keinen Fall!"...disgusting. Hope the stuff in Focus and Zeit will become mainstream info.

Yeah I forgot to mention that. Unreal. I mean what is left to be discussed after that?

I will vote Green. Last time I did so in a Bundestag election was 2005. This time around, I personally know some of the MPs (e.g. Danyal Bayaz, who is doing an incredible job on the Wirecard topic). Like with all parties, there's stuff that I find absurd, but you simply can tell they have matured. They have learnt from Kretschmann, and there will be no Veggie Day blunders this time around.

But I agree in general. The CDU is a necessary party in our system, but now that they are showing their true colors in terms of the level of corruption and prioritizing party over the people, they really need a shock event to get them reset.

Yeah I forgot to mention that. Unreal. I mean what is left to be discussed after that?

I will vote Green. Last time I did so in a Bundestag election was 2005. This time around, I personally know some of the MPs (e.g. Danyal Bayaz, who is doing an incredible job on the Wirecard topic). Like with all parties, there's stuff that I find absurd, but you simply can tell they have matured. They have learnt from Kretschmann, and there will be no Veggie Day blunders this time around.

But I agree in general. The CDU is a necessary party in our system, but now that they are showing their true colors in terms of the level of corruption and prioritizing party over the people, they really need a shock event to get them reset.
Yeah, it is absurd. I must admit that I am looking forward to CSU comments in the media when Laschet remains in the basement in polls. You know the Bavarians can not resist!

I'm also leaning Green over not voting at all, but I would have rather had Habeck for sure. He seems like really nice bloke for a politician, Annalena on the other hand...not sure. Apparently she's had a few blunders in talk shows as well, which isn't a good sign, as these shows usually have one topic and then having knowledge issues doesn't speak for good preperation at the very least.

CDU base accepted Merkel because she always won and was pretty decent for a long time, but Merkel in my opinion was never really a conservative person. She installed cronies to ensure that the party remains on HER path, but these cronies don't have the standing. Remember that AKK vs. Merz and Laschet vs. Merz were both extremely strange procedures, they did their best to silence the base there as well.

@JDragon
Stellar job with the thread, i wouldn't have the patience to translate all that german stuff into english, especially with all the explaining of our politics here that's probably required.

I'd personally be happy if we'd get Annalena Charlotte Alma Baerbock (yes, ACAB are her actual initials, lol) from zhe green party as chancellor, because even though there's a lot to be criticized about that party, it's one of the few parties (and arguably only one of two of the bigger parties alongside the left party Die Linke) which cares about the climate.

Also cool to see De Masi get props, he's easily one of the best politicians there is in germany.
<RomeroSalute>

German media already in full blown Propaganda Mode with Baerbock.
Fuck this bitch and everything she stands for.

It better be Markus Söder who is running for Kanzler not Armin Laschet. Laschet is a weak little weasel. At least Söder is competent.

edit: fuck it's Laschet. We are doomed

Also cool to see De Masi get props, he's easily one of the best politicians there is in germany.

It is unfortunate he will not be part of the next Bundestag. But De Masi, Bayaz, and Toncar (I think) really are delivering popcorn-worthy stuff.

Update.

The Greens have taken the lead in polls for the first time ever. The pendulum is likely to swing back, but it shows the weakness of the CDU and Laschet as a candidate.

Laschet now took Friedrich Merz (who is, I would say, a neocon and one of the most prominent Merkel critics within the party in the 2000s) into his election campaign team. Merz might light the fire that Laschet cannot.

Last edited:
New poll from Bavaria, the German state where Markus Söder is PM (CSU). It appears the fight over becoming chancellor candidate - and losing it - plus the overall crisis of the Christian Democrats - is now also hurting Markus Söder.

In the latest INSA Bavaria Trend*, the CSU loses 10% compared to the last poll at the end of January, slumping from 46% to 36%.

The Greens improve to 24% (+6), Freie Wähler to 9% (+1). The FDP reaches 7% (+2), the AfD 9% (+2). The SPD (9%) and the Left Party (3%) remain at their respective levels.

Source: Bild.de, auto-translated

Imagine voting for this.couldnt be me.

couldn't be more disconected from the people (shes gonna be installed)

That's cool. I think the migrant distribution topic can be solved. But democracy and rule of law are simply requirements to be part of the club that is the EU.

I am not too worried. But the EU would function much better - culturally, politically, maybe not economically - without some of the Eastern European states.

Wouldn’t they also function better without all those migrants?

Anybody have cliffs?
Mostly, will germans wake up or keep cucking for more third worlders?

Depends, if you think in terms of Aryans, then of course Germany is destroyed important part. If you go to Berlin, then you"ll see it has improved economically.

If I think twice, the Germans didn"t need immigrants from all over the world and anyway so many.

So she ruined Germany for Nazis? No wonder Sherfronters are upset.

Back