Media Germaine De Randamie is a Full Time Police Officer

Pretty much any fighter should have a job if they aren’t making millions. Being a professional fighter is not that time consuming in the grand scheme of things, and your expected earnings aren’t very much.

Fire & Police have excellent benefits and and even better retirement. Something combat sports has never provided, let alone shitty paying MMA.

Props to anyone that continues to work and are able to compete with the best in the world.

And before any Sherdog backlash, a LOT of these “pro-fighters” are pretty lazy and take a lot of time chillin whether its between training sessions or between an entire camp. Theres time to work, they merely choose not to and rather complain the purses go up.

Especially the upper level wrestlers that earned a degree in college. They should consider some actual work experience so that when fighting is done, they can start earning a retirement maybe pay off a house before 65.....

"Full time" firefighter. Those guys spend 90% of their time playing cards on tax payer money. Great job if ur an mma fighter
Yea bro, they should be fighting fires 90% of their shift, if there aren’t any they should start some, or build houses or do our taxes

<30>

When asked what they would do if they weren't UFC fighters and if they ever considered a different career path, Germaine De Randamie said that she already has a full time job. She's a police officer.

Timestamped:

I'm not sure if i'm more surprised by the fact she's a police officer or that she's fighting for the belt this weekend and still has a full time job.

I'm also surprised she didn't decide to arrest Colby.

Why would you be surprised she is a police officer. She totally seems the type for it, to me. Also why why would she arrest Colby, lol?

.....and? This is obviously the first time TS was made aware of this fact and probably is for a lot of other people too.

Don't be such a snobby cunt.
Lol I love Sherdog. Imagine if people here had real life interactions.

Part time would be a lot less stressful
Could be pretty stressful to not make enough money to live off or have any kind of sound retirement plan.

I have to say she comes over as a very likeable person.
Makes me wonder if those strikes she threw at Holm after the bell really were not intentional and just happened because of the "heat of the moment", like she said.

I wonder if a drunk shiela has ever taken a swing at her while saying something like, "Fuck you, cop!" Then GDR could deply the "fists of justice".

"Full time" firefighter. Those guys spend 90% of their time playing cards on tax payer money. Great job if ur an mma fighter

I grew up a block away from one of the two fire stations in my town and I would hear the truck leave life once a month lol

when the most active UFC fighters detail their schedules it seems like they train as much as part-time workers.

average elite fighter trains 2-3 times a day, with each session being about 2 hours.
that's 4-6 hours a day with at least 1 rest day a week.
very possible to train and have a part-time job or volunteer gig.

Depends on the kind of job that allows workers to jump in and out 2-3 times a day and whether the travelling time makes sense.

Back