Gerald Meerschaert says Khamzat Chimaev and crew tried flexing on him at host hotel

Honestly I really don't like this guy... He sounds like an insecure salty guy who is trying really hard to hide it and look like the bigger man. A lot of people are eating it up.

It does hype the fight up for me, but as a person he just sounds really passive aggressive and I hope he gets destroyed

khamzat is annoying af. Really hope GM chokes him

This site always hating on Swedes.

The Swede is gonna smoke this walrus.

Typical dagestani/chechen behaviour it seems. Even if they back their words in the octagon, they sure like to “intimidate” opponents with their crew around.

Meerschaert is a typical germanic #metoo victim. A MW fighting a WW yet acting like he is the victim. Why he do nothing when the Swede make him eat slap?

Meerschaert is a typical germanic #metoo victim. A MW fighting a WW yet acting like he is the victim. Why he do nothing when the Swede make him eat slap?
He never said he was a victim,he just says he doesnt like to be overlooked. UFC put him in here as a stepping stone for Borz

He's got that bully mentality when he's with his crew like Khabib I see

the Russians call those caucasus guys jackals for a reason, guys are never alone and always attack in groups.

its ridiculous, most of those guys are trained in several martial arts but nevertheless they will always circumvent you in a group to fight or "talk" to you, like Kabeb did with Artem

He never said he was a victim,he just says he doesnt like to be overlooked. UFC put him in here as a stepping stone for Borz

Disagree. He said I had one guy with me he had a bunch of guys, like he was gonna get jumped. He was looking for sympathy points.

The Swede just said I'm gonna smash you "when we fight", not "I'm gonna smash you right now...and jump you with my friends." The way he said it was misleading, trying to look like a victim even though he started talking first on twitter.

He's got that bully mentality when he's with his crew like Khabib I see
the Russians call those caucasus guys jackals for a reason, guys are never alone and always attack in groups.

its ridiculous, most of those guys are trained in several martial arts but nevertheless they will always circumvent you in a group to fight or "talk" to you, like Kabeb did with Artem
People of the Caucus are like that. I talked to a professor from Russia who is a Tatar about it once. Tatars were one of the first Muslim peoples to be conquered by the Russians so they are the most integrated and Russified. The people of the Caucuses are basically the last and they are the least Russified, you could argue they were never fully conquered and integrated.

Anyway he said in anthropological terms they are like wolves, they believe in "freedom" but not in the Western liberal sense. Rather they believe in the freedom to take care of themselves which includes settling their own scores instead of appealing to the government. The Caucuses are a small area that is really diverse with lots of ethno-linguistic groups like the Dagestanis, Chechens, and Avars among the over 50 different ethnic groups in the region. And its hard to assert centralized authority there so to survive in that kind of place you have to stick together. Its not like a Western country where you expect the government to either protect you or deal out justice, hence why Americans will pull out their phones at the first sign of trouble so they have evidence in case the cops arrive or someone gets sued.

Kind of badass but at the same time I sure am glad I don't live under mountain justice.

Americans gonna show them what is it to be inside there w to these Russians.

People are overreacting to this because Khamzat is Swedish. He's just reacting to Gerald calling him a hype job but didn't do anything over-the-top. Khamzat isn't some attention-seeking millennial who wants to be famous, he's all about that belt. And it's not his fault Dana wants to book a fight with Maia. Seriously if you can look past his Swedishness and listen to his interviews you'll see he's a cool humble guy who's just confident in his abilities.

What was Khamzat gonna do if it actually came to blows? Take him down in the lobby and hold him until security shows up?

Smesh of course. Imagine Gerald having to tap in the hallway.

People are overreacting to this because Khamzat is Swedish. He's just reacting to Gerald calling him a hype job but didn't do anything over-the-top. Khamzat isn't some attention-seeking millennial who wants to be famous, he's all about that belt. And it's not his fault Dana wants to book a fight with Maia. Seriously if you can look past his Swedishness and listen to his interviews you'll see he's a cool humble guy who's just confident in his abilities.

This. And people seem to forget that this guy just started to learn English. Even Gustafsson had issues showing his personality in English for many years. Still has tbh.

I think Meer is big and strong enough to not get bullied and thrown around. May see decent striking exchanges early on. But imo Meer is not very athletic at all. I see him getting overwhelmed in the later rounds then subbed. His sub defense is kinda bad. Hoping for a 3 round war though. If Khazmat wins hes legit in my book.

The later rounds of a 3 round fight made smile a little. Khamzat win in rd 2 or 3 then? Gerald has zero fight IQ and that will cost him.

Cumshot's got a lot of pressure on him
I thought it was More-Shart but what do I know?

No diss to him at all. Just a joke on the name. I like Chimaev's fighting but I have no favourite in this.

Chimaev has no "crew", he only walks around with his training partner Guram and his coach Andreas Micheal. Besides Khamzat didn't say anything bad about Gerald prior to this and even tweeted thanking Gerald for taking this fight, meanwhile Gerald has done nothing but trashtalk Khamzat leading up to this fight.

Back