georgi karakhanyan vs bubba jenkins

Moneymma

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
this could be best month in mma history(not just ufc) with great bellator and wsof events
one of the best fights outside of ufc is georgi vs jenkins
jenkins is one of the best wrestlers in mma and great prospect with 8-1 mma record.he hasnt fought many know guys,but he beat poppies martinez,who is solid fighter.
georgi is former wsof champ and was on a great streak prior to his last fight(loss to rick glenn).he is 23-4-1 and hold wins over guys like lance palmer(trains at TAM,current wsof champ),anthony leone,din thomas,hiroyuki takaya,waylon lowe,micah miller,etc.
bubba is mostly wrestler and is still young in the sport,while georgi is well rounded vet.This is georgi's second bellator run,he was 2-2,but lost to current fw champ pitbull and current bw champ warren.
you can find pretty cool videos of their preps for the fight on bellator YT
i got georgi sub in round 2,he is too well rounded for bubba imo
what do you guys think about that fight?

Definitely is a great matchup
I hope Georgi get the W, I dont like Bubba's style TBH, too much LnP IMO

Georgi's savy submission game could definitively catch Bubba. If Karakhanyan can sub Palmer then he can definitively do the same to Bubba. Great fight though.

Georgi's savy submission game could definitively catch Bubba. If Karakhanyan can sub Palmer then he can definitively do the same to Bubba. Great fight though.

i think so 2. palmer trains at TAM,so you know he got good guillotine def and he got choked out

Definitely is a great matchup
I hope Georgi get the W, I dont like Bubba's style TBH, too much LnP IMO

lance palmer is the same level as bubba imo.they are good,but still young in mma

This is a really good fight. I'm not sure how to pick this one. Either guy can win.

Georgi is a monster he actually lost the title fight on purpose to get out of the WSOF deal....Just saying

I both like and dislike this fight. Yes it's good but I still feel like Jenkins could use more development. They are throwing him right in there with Georgi. There's an avenue for Jenkins to win with his wrestling but as it has been said Georgi's ground game is too far advanced for someone like Jenkins. He could easily be caught in a submission if he hasn't been doing a lot of improving. I also get the feeling that Bellator want's to throw the winner up against Pitbull after he beast Straus and dear God, if Jenkins wins he sure isn't ready for that.

I both like and dislike this fight. Yes it's good but I still feel like Jenkins could use more development. They are throwing him right in there with Georgi. There's an avenue for Jenkins to win with his wrestling but as it has been said Georgi's ground game is too far advanced for someone like Jenkins. He could easily be caught in a submission if he hasn't been doing a lot of improving. I also get the feeling that Bellator want's to throw the winner up against Pitbull after he beast Straus and dear God, if Jenkins wins he sure isn't ready for that.

Pretty sure that curran/weichel winner is getting next shot. Winner of this fight is up there as well

This fight might be a mismatch. Bubba Jenkins by dominant decision.

This fight might be a mismatch. Bubba Jenkins by dominant decision.

not so sure about that. Bubba has wrestling and could take ud,but georgi has solid tdd and edge in striking/bjj. Even if bubba manages to take him down,he could get choked out
It is close fight. Georgi could be too well rounded for bubba at this point. Im sure bubba is working on his striking so who knows what will happen

Solid fight but no its not one of the best fights outside UFC.

I gave Jenkins a lot of shit after he first lost but he really impressed me in his last fight. The way he defended the guillotine by passing guard was slick.

Georgi is a monster he actually lost the title fight on purpose to get out of the WSOF deal....Just saying

Tried really hard in the beginning of that fight only to take a beating for it...just saying.

I'm still waffling on this fight. Georgi's only really got a good guillotine against wrestlers but Bubba's still very green.

Not sure if trolling but he almost broke Rick Glenn's arm in the first round. Dude must work stiffer than Bob Holly if that was a work.

Really excited for this fight, i'm a Bubba believer. As a result i'm also a LaRue fan by default, but the move down in weightclass was a good move for Bubba.

Back