Media "Georges Will Be The Only Person That Can Comeback And Compete WIth This Record"

You're crazy. GSP was scared shitless about facing Woodley as champ. He don't want no smoke with relentless cardio monsters like Usman and Covington. The Usman/Covington fight will tell GSP that he doesn't want either of them.

GSP cannot live with the current crop of top Welterweights. They are too strong and relentless. There's a reason he only came out of retirement to fight whom everyone considered one of the most beatable middleweight champs ever in Bisping. He didn't want Woodley.
You're delusional, boy. GSP even offered the UFC to fight Woodley and there's video proof.

The Bisping opportunity came along and was way more interesting.

GSP would do Woodley worse than Rory did. Shit, even Shields beat Woodley and GSP beat the best version of Shields.

Usman and Colby are one dimentional wrestlers. Only Usman has better striking than Colby does. But neither are on GSP's level.

The recency bias is real amongst casuals.

Casual detected.

GSP is a better version of both Usman and Colby. His striking is way better, so is his timing, wrestling and overall game.

They really have nothing to offer that a juiced Hendricks or some of his other opponents didn't already offer.

The only reason GSP would not be able to live with the current WWs is because of age. In terms of skillset, he's still better than each and everyone of them.

"Because of his age"

No sh/t Sherlock!

Did I mention anywhere that GSP couldn't deal with these guys in his prime? No.

Apologies if you need it spelled out for you like a child (or a casual, as you keep saying), but the reason GSP can't deal with the current crop of top Welterweights is because they are all younger than him, and likely stronger. If they were all the same age, then maybe GSP still dominates the division, but the margins are slim in Welterweight and he's too old for these killers now.

Last edited:
You're delusional, boy. GSP even offered the UFC to fight Woodley and there's video proof.

GSP would do Woodley worse than Rory did. Shit, even Shields beat Woodley and GSP beat the best version of Shields.

GSP was ducking Woodley like crazy. He talked a lot about risk vs reward etc. Woodley was not worth the risk for him. If you can't accept that, it's not my problem.

Serra had a close fight with Penn that could have went either way imo and he beat Hughes imo
Forgot about the fight with BJ it was really good. In another universe where Serra doesn’t blow up and move to WW he could have been champ at LW especially after BJ left the promotion.

Usman and Colby are one dimentional wrestlers. Only Usman has better striking than Colby does. But neither are on GSP's level.

The recency bias is real amongst casuals.

Lol!

I can't take you seriously if your go-too insult is "casual". You have no idea the depth of my knowledge about this sport, so ixnay on the patronising 'tude.

Thankz

GSP completely dominated most of his opponents every second of the fight. Jones has close/split/controversial decision after close/split/controversial decision.

Also multiple PED offences.

GSP was ducking Woodley like crazy. He talked a lot about risk vs reward etc. Woodley was not worth the risk for him. If you can't accept that, it's not my problem.
Timestamped:

When GSP came back he was open to fight anybody. But when the Bisping fight opportunity opened up it was way more appealing.

Not to mention the only thing Woodley had going for him at that time was 2 close boring fights over Wonderboy.

With that being said, I don't see how him fighting or not fighting Woodley has anything to do with this topic. Woodley isn't even a champ anymore.

Just some hater bullshit.

<{hughesimpress}>

No, no he does not. He is retired. Done with mma.

The record Jones just broke isn't about title defenses. It's for most title fight wins.

They both were tied at 15 before this fight.
He's not a champion. So he'd have to wait on Tony/Khabib. If Tony wins, he sure as hell isn't coming back.

Gsp never failed a dozen drug tests so he's still ahead imo

This is incredibly important and BBC lovers still ignore it. It's like saying a basketball player is the greatest ever when he just takes ball and runs with it inside his pants for as long as he wants and then scores. If you're playing a game, you only win the game if you follow the rules of the game. Otherwise you didn't play the game. You played something else. Jon is a cheater. We know for a fact he is a cheater. And even when we didn't, the fact that he eventually was discovered to be one puts a big question mark on every single fight of his. If you cheat you're immediately out of the GOAT conversation. Why? Because nobody really knows how good you are. If we don't know how good you are, because you cheat, how can we rank you? It's like a teacher giving an A to a student that cheated in the test.

Timestamped:

When GSP came back he was open to fight anybody. But when the Bisping fight opportunity opened up it was way more appealing.

Not to mention the only thing Woodley had going for him at that time was 2 close boring fights over Wonderboy.

With that being said, I don't see how him fighting or not fighting Woodley has anything to do with this topic. Woodley isn't even a champ anymore.

Woodley has everything to do with this topic, because it shows how calculating GSP is about his legacy. He's never coming back to Welterweight (unless the division gets much weaker), because the division is top heavy with young killers.

Better to take on a career gatekeeper like Bisping at middleweight who was fortunate to win a title and was on the verge of retirement anyway. Of course the Bisping fight was way more appealing ...because it was far more obviously winnable.

GSP would beat the current WWs lol.

Probably even to this day, at 38 years old he'd have a very good chance of beating Usman and Colby.
SpicyIncompleteJenny-size_restricted.gif

"I don't see anyone beating this record in a very long time."

"I guess Georges St-Pierre, if he came back could compete for that. Yea, he's one behind me so Georges will be the only person that can comeback and compete for this record. Outside from that, I don't see anybody getting up there with that record."

"Mixed martial arts is getting harder and harder. The holes in peoples game are closing up.

So I guess the GOAT has to comeback and tie the record again.

tenor.gif

Lol he won't. Usman would ragdoll older slower USADA GSP.

Jones has been defeated many times, while being on PEDs lmao. Hes no goat. Shouldnt even be mentioned in one sentence with Fedor or GSP. His day will come soon anyway. Judges cant save him forever.

GSP would beat the current WWs lol.

Probably even to this day, at 38 years old he'd have a very good chance of beating Usman and Colby.

With his severe title vacating colitis, who knows if he can retain his strength even at WW.

Woodley has everything to do with this topic, because it shows how calculating GSP is about his legacy. He's never coming back to Welterweight (unless the division gets much weaker), because the division is top heavy with young killers.

Better to take on a career gatekeeper like Bisping at middleweight who was fortunate to win a title and was on the verge of retirement anyway. Of course the Bisping fight was way more appealing ...because it was far more obviously winnable.
Wanting to fight Khabib is calculated?

He wants something that makes sense for him and fighting guy a with 1 title defense, who is unknown by the public makes absolutely no sense.

Jones never stepped up to HW despite entertaining the idea for years and despite not even being particularly small for that division. And after last night's fight, i'm sure he wants nothing to do with HW anymore.

Sorry but GSP is too old at this point, even if decides to comeback it will still take time.

In 2017 he struggled with a one eye washed up Mike Ping and didn't want to face any other top MW

Back