Georges St-Pierre 'Very Disappointed' By Lack Of UFC Support

Why would the UFC even bother getting involved in this shit show in the first place? Nothing good comes of drug testing, in terms of dollars - negative tests don't bring in more money, while positive tests potentially ruin everything.

How about because the UFC claims to care about the integrity of the sport and in ensuring a level playing field?

he should channel that level of disappointment towards something else....

for instance, not being able to finish fights.

As soon as I saw your nick I knew what your comment would say. So predictable

DW will back gsp when gsp ends a fight.

Yeah it is really strange. GSP is a super nice guy, always very respectful of everyone, but he does not get it reciprocated by others. He offers to do VADA testing to prove he is clean, and it is somehow spun to make him look like he is in cahoots with VADA so it is "corrupt" and while Hendricks who said he would take the test now has a way out of taking the test while looking clean. Dana does not support GSP on this saying "They both come off looking bad in this". Also, after Anderson lost to Weidman, GSP somehow manages to stay as #2 P4P as Anderson slips down while Jon Jones magically jumps to #1. I'm glad at least GSP gets his respect at least in the pocketbooks, but he is also helping the UFC out a lot more, and would not blame him at all if this is one of the reasons he is thinking of retiring.

How about because the UFC claims to care about the integrity of the sport and in ensuring a level playing field?

I'm not trying to be condescending, but, do you honestly believe this?

Dana and the UFC care about the dollars first and foremost, and everything else second.

Why is GSP afraid of USADA drug testing?

When Carlos Condit fought for the welterweight belt, St. Pierre wanted VADA testing. Condit's camp publicly and privately came back with a request for testing by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), a far more reputable testing organization. The USADA falls under WADA, and handles testing for the United States Olympic teams.

Condit's and his management's requests fell on deaf ears at they never received a response back from St. Pierre.

He says he's supposedly willing to do it, then why didn't he sign up for them?

No one threw anyone under the bus - GSP and Hendricks chose to play this little game independently from the UFC, from what I understand.

Why would the UFC even bother getting involved in this shit show in the first place? Nothing good comes of drug testing, in terms of dollars - negative tests don't bring in more money, while positive tests potentially ruin everything.

This.

I'm still not sure why people are confused.

I think (hope gsps) intentions came from a good place, but the execution has been terrible.

When you start asking who tests and what for and appearing on their website as a promotional vehicle, you're proximity to the organization is legitimately questionable.

Some will call it due diligence, others will (rightly) suggest it leaves the door open for suspicion.

*forgot
The UFC is also justifiably keeping their distance. Participation is either admitting that the sport has a problem (questionable move) or picking a fight with the ACs.

Worse yet with the number of guys that get busted through the already absent testing I don't think Dana's jumping at the chance to deplete his roster. There's a reason the Nfl is doing a "benchmark testing" for hgh with no repercussions.

Last edited:
For the record, I don't care for either fighter. I could care less who wins. However GSP is the one looking bad here. When Hendricks turned down VADA testing he and some others said lets do WADA testing which is way more credible and GSP had his lawyer asking all types of questions like what do they test for and such and then made himself unavailable after the response (went on vacation). It was obvious he was dodging WADA testing. Why wasn't GSP requesting testing while he was fighting exclusively in Canada, but all of a sudden his first fight outside of his home and its so important to him?
People have been accusing him of juicing for years and now all of a sudden it's important to him? If I was in his shoes and truly clean with nothing to hide I would have offered to take a test years ago just to shut people up.

For the record, I don't care for either fighter. I could care less who wins. However GSP is the one looking bad here. When Hendricks turned down VADA testing he and some others said lets do WADA testing which is way more credible and GSP had his lawyer asking all types of questions like what do they test for and such and then made himself unavailable after the response (went on vacation). It was obvious he was dodging WADA testing. Why wasn't GSP requesting testing while he was fighting exclusively in Canada, but all of a sudden his first fight outside of his home and its so important to him?
People have been accusing him of juicing for years and now all of a sudden it's important to him? If I was in his shoes and truly clean with nothing to hide I would have offered to take a test years ago just to shut people up.

I stand corrected. You're an asshole. I have to quit giving the benefit of the doubt on sherdog.

Last edited:
I thought in the end gsp agreed to do both, and hendricks decided to just piss in a cup?

You didn't think it was because Askren was trying to challenge him did you?

Nah. I think Askren is a good wrestler who would be competitive in the UFC but he's no match for GSP.

I didn't realize the whole drug testing thing was such a big deal to him.

I thought in the end gsp agreed to do both, and hendricks decided to just piss in a cup?

He agreed to do both and whatever other tests they wanted him to do.

Back