Georges St-Pierre Currently Has No Plans for a 2015 UFC Return

My biggest problem with gsp is never comes out and says what he wants. In my opinion he never had any desire to move to 185 or fight silva at a catchweight. Instead of just saying 170 is his weight division he always left the door open that he might fight silva. For a guy that fights for a living he comes across scared of just telling the truth!

Yeah, I think he doesn't want to disappoint anyone but after a while it's just frustrating.

My biggest problem with gsp is never comes out and says what he wants. In my opinion he never had any desire to move to 185 or fight silva at a catchweight. Instead of just saying 170 is his weight division he always left the door open that he might fight silva. For a guy that fights for a living he comes across scared of just telling the truth!

Maybe he genuinely didn't know what he wanted to do. WW has always been one of the deepest divisions. Perhaps earlier he had thought he could move up, then realised his division kept him busy enough but never completely ruled the possibility out.

From the sounds of it it seems like Pettis, Jones, Aldo are the same. It's something they talk about potentially doing in the future, but it hasn't happened yet.

With the extreme weight cutting that plagues MMA, it's big decision to make. If GSP were to have moved up to 185, he wouldn't be fighting guys who weighed 185 pounds, he'd be fighting guys who weighed over 200 pounds come fight night. If weight classes actually meant something, maybe we'd see a lot more guys willing to move around.

There is no reason for him to comeback, if he comes back and loses then you will get 85% of sherdog saying he wasn't really that good and not worth of top 3 on pound 4 pound best of all time. It is something Fedor and Silva should have done. Look at Ali, he could never say enough and his career ended in 3 losses. Is he the greatest boxer of all time? Nope, he was one of the first fighters to really get into his oppenents head before even stepping into the ring, which is what made him so great along with his boxing skills.

Last edited:
Good for you GSP. He walked away from this right as it turned into a huge mess and he saw it coming. Stay retired champ. You are better than the organization.

yeah agree with most comments here.. don't come back Georges. Stay retired and away from this mess and pursue other projects. Have a great and healthy life.

UFC doesn't deserve you.

I hope GSP stays retired, he stepped out at the right time. Unless he goes to Bellator. That would really upset uncle Dana.

I hope GSP stays away. It's not that I don't like seeing him fight. It's more that he is a nice guy and I love the fact that he is one of the very few who left at the top. It's very sad sometimes to see these older fighters continue on and get destroyed when their bodies break down with age. The brain damage issue is also very big and a large unknown.

He's making movies and he has enough money to live comfortably without getting hit in the head for Dana White and the Fertittas. I say good for you GSP!

I hope GSP stays away. It's not that I don't like seeing him fight. It's more that he is a nice guy and I love the fact that he is one of the very few who left at the top. It's very sad sometimes to see these older fighters continue on and get destroyed when their bodies break down with age. The brain damage issue is also very big and a large unknown.

He's making movies and he has enough money to live comfortably without getting hit in the head for Dana White and the Fertittas. I say good for you GSP!

Speaking if making movies Did you see Roy Nelson is in the Scorpion King 4 movie. I didn't know they had Cheeseburgers in ancient Egypt :)

Back