Georges St. Pierre can't be the GOAT because he never believed he was.

Georges St. Pierre can't be the GOAT because he never believed he was.

There are a TON of reasons whey GSP is never going to be the GOAT, but that isn't one of them. OK, maybe it is. Yeah it was, I change my mind, it's definitely one of the reasons.

TS after reading the responses:

im_retarded_quantum_leap.gif

Georges is not the goat because his name isn't Fedor Emelianenko

GSP is on a very short list of GOATs. He fought to a lot of decisions, but arguably had the stiffest competition. Anyone who says otherwise, is just a hater IMO.

Love him or hate him, to deny him his legacy is ludicrous.

Say what ?

I think he pretty believed he's the goat..

His personality was OK too, he was like Silent Nerd but still a Killer. You can see it in Koscheck fight (and the beef which preceded this fight)

He is most complete fighter in mma,top 3 of all times and could be goat
Oh and avanged all his losses unlike fedor and silva+ most of his wins he dominated all 5 rounds,made his opponents look like amaters

Jones is riding a decision streak.
Same with the lawler hendricks conundrum.

Gsp/jones killers at first... turned into smarter fighters due to championship reign

Get some sleep ts

I don't think Fedor thought he was either, or at least he never proclaimed it to my knowledge.
If Fedor didn't think he was, then he was suicidal, because he fought everyone at their own specialty.

This argument is irrelevant for GOAT discussions. GSP probably knew he was a bad ass throughout his reign and only didn't come out and say "I'm de GOAT" because he isn't that guy. Neither Silva nor Fedor came out and called themselves the best if I recall correctly.

I second this man's opinion.

TS seriously man...06 account and you post shyte like this?
I'll just take one of these replies since a lot of people didn't get it.

Think about what I said. Pay attention to it. 1) You never provide a full measure of your own abilities because you don't have the confidence to challenge yourself, nor the will to totally embarrass an opponent.

2) None of us can know as much about a fighter as he knows about himself. A part of our judgement always includes how people carry themselves. A person with low confidence has a reason for it. If they duck away from certain challenges, that's a good indication that they have limitations. If they take on any challenge, including ones we think are bad ideas, and crush them, that shows that they have an unimagined level of ability. BJ, Anderson and Fedor did this, moving up weight, dancing in the ring, standing with stand-up guys and grappling with ground experts. Which indicates their superiority. Georges didn't do this enough.

This argument is irrelevant for GOAT discussions. GSP probably knew he was a bad ass throughout his reign and only didn't come out and say "I'm de GOAT" because he isn't that guy. Neither Silva nor Fedor came out and called themselves the best if I recall correctly.
Ah, I see why you guys are confused now. You think I said that George didn't SAY he was the best which meant he wasn't.

No. I didn't say they said they were the best, I said they *believed* they were the best and would do crazy things to show it. Georges never had this level of confidence which indicated limitations. This came out in the first Hughes fight (tapped way too fast and cost himself a win) and the Serra fights. Georges provided negative data points about himself which hurts his GOAT status.

Only rational part.
Read the last few replies I wrote. Your confusion comes from thinking I said that you have to SAY you're the best. No. I said you believe you're the best and you thus aren't scared to do things that only someone with crazy confidence would do. Georges didn't have this gear so he had less moments of wow-worthy domination. He had some, but not as many or as strongly as Fedor, Anderson and BJ. (and possibly Jones)

Back