George Soros funds Ferguson protests, hopes to spur civil action

It's generally an issue of local gov't oppression, which is one of the biggest problems facing America, IMO. As I said, what Soros did is incredible, and he should be praised across the ideological spectrum here. I don't see anyone defending the corrupt Ferguson PD and gov't generally--just people ducking the issue to play identity politics. Just pretend that Brown was white if that helps you clarify the issue.

BTW, this isn't directly related, but it's similar:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/01/16/us/politics/ap-us-asset-forfeiture-program.html?_r=0

Huge news on the fighting local tyranny front. And, again, credit goes to someone right-wing idiots hate.

Now I get it, I pictured a white guy getting shot instead and im outraged. Cut the condescending bullshit. Whites get shot by cops too. The reaction isnt the same. And black areas are underpoliced; they aren't picking on people the way white-guilt liberal excuse makers like yourself think.

Id love to to see you walkknf around an inner city looking to document this problem witb video. Instead you'd be the one harassed and not by the police.

Soros broke the Bank of England. Have some god damn respect.

He crafted the story to fit what the police department knew about the case--and note that he didn't give his story until some time had already passed. There's no sense in which the autopsy confirms his story over all other stories.

So he crafted a story that was entirely different from what was claimed by the defense lawyers and supporters of Michael Brown, and then that story was entirely supported by an autopsy that confirmed nothing suspicious about the method he was killed by a policeman shooting from the front in line with his story...?

Oh, and there were people who claimed an entirely different story that were coming out of the woodwork immediately afterwards, and he ended up having to more or less hide away and leave his job in spite of being legally vindicated?

Okay. So apparently because he didn't immediately say "this is what went down" in a serious criminal/procedural investigation, he was lying. Okay.

Not really.

Over 70 witnesses spoke at the Grand Jury. Most of them corroborated the story of the policeman, including many blacks who were "working against their community and self in
terest".

Both of your links have as their source an "independent journalist" with a long history of lying and or making huge mistakes (http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2...ke_princeton_newspaper_to_attack_the_nyt.html, http://www.buzzfeed.com/rubycramer/cory-booker-yes-i-live-in-newark#.omGL04P0z, http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/robert-menendez-prostitution-scandal-happened/story?id=18664472) tweeting that anonymous sources told him that. That's the definition of a rumor. And then it was discredited:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...bbbb-356f-5ea6-b9e2-7dde7e3e5c[/QUOTE]83.html

From your article:

Cynthia Harcourt, a lawyer for St. Louis County Juvenile Officer Kip Seely, noted that some juvenile records and proceedings are open to the public: those that concern crimes that would be Class A or B felonies if a juvenile had been charged as an adult. But there were none for Brown.

Your information is dated.

A circuit court judge in St. Louis County denied a request by the Post-Dispatch to release Michael Brown’s juvenile criminal records.

...how precisely am I outdated?

But the broader question is this:

How precisely are we to square the fact that Michael Brown unequivocally

The complaints are:

Wow, this court occasionally makes people pay fines.

Okay, such miserable tyranny! Such powerful, oppressive government, intent on squashing the rights of its citizens. Assholes? Yes, but despotism? Hardly. Should they stop being ticket hounds? Yes.

When a population (blacks) commits a hugely disproportionate amount of crimes in the US, it is natural to target blacks for searches, for police scrutiny, et cetera. This is called: Policing the people who commit crimes.

When blacks cease commiting crimes in the US at a high rate, they will cease being subject to scrutiny.

It isn't a problem with racism, it isn't a problem with oppression, it isn't a problem with corruption, it is a problem with black people in America having a serious problem with moral and civil behaviour. Black communities need to account for the actions of their members and begin to clean up their act. When they do so, they will find that prisons and cop cars are the last places they'll end up, and perhaps they'll finally begin to succeed in America.

Even if we assume that racism has played a role in the conditions of blacks - which clearly, it has played SOME role - we cannot account for the numbers by assuming racism.

And it really goes far to justify claims of innocence when immediately one begins looting liquor stores, breaking into convenience stores, and breaking every business - mostly black owned, or black operated - in one's community when things go badly. Yes, these "innocent townsfolk".

I didn't know he was a billionaire. I guess starring on that "Hercules" tv series was more lucrative than I thought... royalties I guess.

Back