George R.R. Martin reads from his newest book

Tyrions story in the last book is laying groundwork. Most of the last two books are like that. You can't have constant action. it's like when people want every tv episode to end with a cliffhanger which leads to crappy shows like Homeland winning awards.

I feel the exact same way

Tyrions story in the last book is laying groundwork. Most of the last two books are like that. You can't have constant action. it's like when people want every tv episode to end with a cliffhanger which leads to crappy shows like Homeland winning awards.

^^^^^^^^

Oh okay, I don't recall that name offhand, although I've probably seen it.

He was mentioned when Jaime was going through that book chronicling the previous members of the white cloaks.

The prospect of reading about more lore is one of the driving factors that keeps me into these stories. I'd love to read about the Blackfyre rebellion, especially Daemon. Just reading the tales of Dunk, I wish his revolt would've been successful. The black dragon was definitely the side that should've won.

I love the lore and I think by the time he finishes it, that it should be locked up for good. I'd hate to see another author come in and try and flesh out some of the minor characters or events in history, it just wouldn't be right.

It's great how Martin doesn't shove the deeds of some of the characters down your throat either, you either hear a snippet of some great deed or take another characters word for it that so and so was a bad ass.

the dunk and egg stories are so short, anyone know how many of them are planned?

Oh okay, I don't recall that name offhand, although I've probably seen it.

No, I don't think he's mentioned more than once. Aemon mentions him during some semi coherent babbling, I THINK.

I thought the 3 Hedge Knight books were great, though I'm a total ASOIAF history nerd. It has a bunch of Targaryens in it and refers heavily to the Blackfyre rebellion.

A brief history of the rebellion is that the 4th king Aegon was a total manwhore (much moreso even than Robert) and ended up legitimizing all of his bastards on his deathbed. One of those bastards was Daemon, who was born illegitimately to two Targaryens. He was a badass but obviously with the phrase "Blackfyre pretenders" being thrown around in ASOIAF, it's not a spoiler to divulge that his rebellion failed.

The Hedge Knight series has a few spoilers. One of the spoilers I found out before I started reading them. In fact, it was the reason I started.

If you wanna know what the spoiler is, I'll pm it to ya. That series might reinvigorate your interest in the main books like it did for me.

Learning about The Blackfyre Rebellion and some of the characters in them is awesome. Some of it will also help you when you get to the later books. Also, when you read them, I'd have a Targaryan family tree ready. Just be careful not to get spoilers. What boo you on?

I'm on AFFC. The second-to-last chapter I read was 'The Soiled Knight' where Arianne persuades Arys Oakheart to help her, and then when Brienne finds Nimble Dick. The chapter I'm about to start is when Sam is on his way to the Citadel. I had to check the last few chapters. I should probably star this book over, because I haven't read any of it from early December.

No, I don't think he's mentioned more than once. Aemon mentions him during some semi coherent babbling, I THINK.

I thought the 3 Hedge Knight books were great, though I'm a total ASOIAF history nerd. It has a bunch of Targaryens in it and refers heavily to the Blackfyre rebellion.

A brief history of the rebellion is that the 4th king Aegon was a total manwhore (much moreso even than Robert) and ended up legitimizing all of his bastards on his deathbed. One of those bastards was Daemon, who was born illegitimately to two Targaryens. He was a badass but obviously with the phrase "Blackfyre pretenders" being thrown around in ASOIAF, it's not a spoiler to divulge that his rebellion failed.

The Hedge Knight series has a few spoilers. One of the spoilers I found out before I started reading them. In fact, it was the reason I started.

If you wanna know what the spoiler is, I'll pm it to ya. That series might reinvigorate your interest in the main books like it did for me.

My interest in the books is still really high, I just started a new job, started working out again and started watching Arrested Development haha. I just don't have the time, but AD is on Netflix, so I can at watch those anytime. I bought AFFC to work with me today, so I will probably read it during lunch.

Also, to whomever said they preferred Lannister/Targaryen I somewhat agree. After the Red Wedding, I would've liked to have seen GRRM focus more on some characters like Varys. I do like the Baelish arc and I'm curious to see what will happen Jon Snow, who is my favorite character.

Also, to whomever said they preferred Lannister/Targaryen I somewhat agree. After the Red Wedding, I would've liked to have seen GRRM focus more on some characters like Varys. I do like the Baelish arc and I'm curious to see what will happen Jon Snow, who is my favorite character.

Jon Snow is your favorite character? figures as much

I don't know anywhere else to post this, becuase this thread seems to have the least amount of spoilers, but this is what I'm hoping for in the rest of AFFC and the rest of the series: Focus on what is going on in Dorne, GRRM really doesn't touch on what is going on there in the first three books besides Oberyn Martell and sending Myrcella there. Sadly, I've been spoiled on what is going to happen with Arianne/Oakheart and what happens there, to a certain extent. Personally, I find what is going on at the wall right now the most interesting with Stannis being there. The less Samwell Tarly, the better for me. Very interested to see what will be happening with Arya (even though she only has one chapter in AFFC and I already read it, at least thats IIRC), and what will happen with Peter Baelish and Sansa. I'm curious what is going to happen with Jeor Mormont (the most friendzoned character EVER), but, this thread has told me he is going to come into contact with Tyrion. Also, interested to see what is gonna happen with Qyburn (Yes, I know who Robert Strong is).

Sometimes the internet really farking sucks, you guys.

Back