George R.R. Martin reads from his newest book

As I mentioned before, I think the reason why the last 2 books weren't as good is because they weren't in Westeros as much. Honestly, a lot of Dany's shit sucks. Arya's story was great in Westeros, but when she left her story declined. Same with Tyrion. What's going on in Westeros is just more interesting to me.

I really liked Robb but wasn't as attached to as I was with the other Starks because he never had his own POV.

oddly enough, Oberyn's death shocked me more.

but Grey Wind.. that shit pissed me off !!!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part...

That did piss me off, but not as much as Sam's cowardice. I marked out when they made Jon Snow Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.

^^ how did Mormont's raven make it back to the Wall?

Bloodraven has to be warged through it - keeping an eye on his order. that raven provided some golden comedy relief

"How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, & one"

As I mentioned before, I think the reason why the last 2 books weren't as good is because they weren't in Westeros as much. Honestly, a lot of Dany's shit sucks. Arya's story was great in Westeros, but when she left her story declined. Same with Tyrion. What's going on in Westeros is just more interesting to me.

Agreed. Also for AFFC, one of the Amazon reviews said like 25% of the book is through Cersei's POV, and twentysomeodd % is Brienne's. So half the book is their two POVs, and from what I've read so far in AFFC is Brienne trying to find Sansa and Cersei being paranoid.

Doesn't really seem like Dany will be in AFFC much. I hated Arya through the first two books, but I really started to like her in the third book. The last thing I remember about her in AFFC is she showed up at the house of the dead (? Not sure if the right title of that place).

^^ how did Mormont's raven make it back to the Wall?

Bloodraven has to be warged through it - keeping an eye on his order. that raven provided some golden comedy relief

"How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, & one"

I would just assume that it wanted CORN CORN CORN. Sadly, I know who Bloodraven is because I read about all that crap on a Wiki of Ice and Fire one day when I was bored. I just know that he is probably the Three Eyed Crow, but I forget a lot about him, other than he was some Targayen bastard who was rejected by his half-sister who he wanted to bang.

I feel like a nerd.

Those are probably my longest SD posts in a LOOONG time.

I have to get out of this thread before I spoil anything else for myself.

Agreed. Also for AFFC, one of the Amazon reviews said like 25% of the book is through Cersei's POV, and twentysomeodd % is Brienne's. So half the book is their two POVs, and from what I've read so far in AFFC is Brienne trying to find Sansa and Cersei being paranoid.

Doesn't really seem like Dany will be in AFFC much. I hated Arya through the first two books, but I really started to like her in the third book. The last thing I remember about her in AFFC is she showed up at the house of the dead (? Not sure if the right title of that place).

So you haven't read Dance yet? I always liked Arya but her story falls off a cliff when she starts at the house of the dead. Tyrion's story also declines.

@Sexy

haha me too, but I'm having some wine & a blunt - making me post so much.

nevertheless, yeah Bloodraven is seriously one of my favorites. check out the Dunk & Egg stories - he actually appears for a little in the third short. I have them in PDF format if you want.

So you haven't read Dance yet? I always liked Arya but her story falls off a cliff when she starts at the house of the dead. Tyrion's story also declines.

No, I've seen some things online but not pertaining to them. For example, Cersei restores the Order of the Faith (or whatever) and then gets arrested. What happens to Kevan Lannister, some other stuff.

It was disappointing. I was plowing through AFFC in early December, was reading it while traveling. I haven't picked it up since my return flight which was December 9.

@Sexy

haha me too, but I'm having some wine & a blunt - making me post so much.

nevertheless, yeah Bloodraven is seriously one of my favorites. check out the Dunk & Egg stories - he actually appears for a little in the third short. I have them in PDF format if you want.

send me a pm.

does D&E take place before ASoIaF?

99-100 years before. give me a few to upload 'em

I'm not a big fan of Tyrion's new story, but I like how the characters change as the years go on.

^^ Tyrion's story was ok until Jeor.

send me a pm.

does D&E take place before ASoIaF?

Learning about The Blackfyre Rebellion and some of the characters in them is awesome. Some of it will also help you when you get to the later books. Also, when you read them, I'd have a Targaryan family tree ready. Just be careful not to get spoilers. What boo you on?

I actually like the last two books. The more Jamie Lannister, Targaryens and the less Starks the better.

Btw the Blackfyre rebellion is awesome. The best thing about ASOIAF is the lore. There isn't another book series or pop culture series with that type of lore(although mass Effect has stellar lore as well).

The Great Bastards are incredibly interesting. Especially when you consider all their offspring(Maelys the Monstrous and etc).

Tyrions story in the last book is laying groundwork. Most of the last two books are like that. You can't have constant action. it's like when people want every tv episode to end with a cliffhanger which leads to crappy shows like Homeland winning awards.

Back