George R.R. Martin reads from his newest book

I recall that he was only supposed to make his series only three books...

HBO rarely takes series to completion anyway. Deadwood, Oz etc.They fucked up all of those shows.

HBO rarely takes series to completion anyway. Deadwood, Oz etc.They fucked up all of those shows.

Deadwood ending was a real bummer. Sucks that the planned HBO movies to finish it out never happened.

The online reviews for the 4th and 5th books fall off a cliff from the first 3. I don't think I've ever seen a drop like that before. But, 200 pages full of descriptions of food makes that understandable.

Deadwood ending was a real bummer. Sucks that the planned HBO movies to finish it out never happened.

I've been watching that series again lately. How they managed to mess up that show is a mystery.

God I sure hope he releases these in a timely manner -- as in, the same rate other great authors release books.

On another note, "Beric Dondarrion" has to be the coolest name I've ever seen. I was just thinking about that today. In fantasy you have the liberty to create any manner of name you see fit, but Beric Dondarrion is even fun to pronounce.

Oh and I hate how they left Jojen and Meera out of the TV show. Those two are amazing characters.

I like the Martells & some of the characters from Dorne.

Hotah, the Sand Snakes, & Oberyn was a fucking badass!

he was too caught up in the moment of revenge. that battle was fucking amazing.

I also love how Hotah speaks of his battle axe. reminds me of the bond between Gattsu & his blade from Berserk.

Awesome. They we can read an entire book about Dany's romance with one of her dragons in human form.

I guess you don't like Weis and Hickman? I really hope they are the contingency plan. Legends is the best fantasy story I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Granted, it was in the 80's when they wrote it, but Weis and Hickman are probably my all time favorites, as long as they're writing together, and as long as they aren't creating the universe from scratch.

The online reviews for the 4th and 5th books fall off a cliff from the first 3. I don't think I've ever seen a drop like that before. But, 200 pages full of descriptions of food makes that understandable.

Books 4 and 5 are fine...5 especially after a 2nd reading.

They're not as good as the first three, but there isn't as much action in them. I kinda like that, rather than everything these days pushing action action action with no storyline or a storyline that doesn't make sense. It's far better this way...you get a buildup rather than churned out horse shit.

After 4 & 5, Martin owes us the best book yet. I won't even accept on par with Storm of Swords. I want better than Storm of Swords.

yeah book 4 seemed like filler background stories related to the main storyline. still though, Brienne really shined & I hold her as one of the best fighters alive in the storyline.

After 4 & 5, Martin owes us the best book yet. I won't even accept on par with Storm of Swords. I want better than Storm of Swords.

Well, then it will probably be the best book I'll have red.

Whenever it comes out.

yeah book 4 seemed like filler background stories related to the main storyline. still though, Brienne really shined & I hold her as one of the best fighters alive in the storyline.

I remember reading her fight with Jamie. It was really good. As you mentioned the best battle was between The Mountain and Oberyn Martell. When The Mountain ends him, OH MAN.

Daario Naharis will be in season 3 too.

I really like the Reeds - I kind of feel bad for them now. like they brought Bran to TEC/Children, but what now? has their purpose been fulfilled? they can't make it back home alone.

Storm of Swords fucked my shit up soooo bad. I through the book across the room at one point.

God damn you Martin.

Storm of Swords fucked my shit up soooo bad. I through the book across the room at one point.

God damn you Martin.

Why? I loved that book, at least from what I remembered of it.

I knew Ned Stark died from this forum, that was before I even knew what GoT was. Anyways, reading the first book was great. I don't remember a lot of stuff off hand, but if it comes up in conversation I have a decent recollection.

I really liked Robb but wasn't as attached to as I was with the other Starks because he never had his own POV.

oddly enough, Oberyn's death shocked me more.

but Grey Wind.. that shit pissed me off !!!

Back