George Lockhart: "If you lift, you need carbs. If you jog, you need fats"

Has anyone bought the pdf and watched the three vids that come with it?

If you're alive you need food.
But don't eat too much or you'll get fat and die.

Medical doctors... weren't they telling us as recently as 15 years ago that the majority of our diet should be pasta and bread? Their advice is often outdated and ignorant.

I have psoriatic arthritis and met with 5 different doctors whose only solution was to prescribe expensive pharmaceuticals with horrible side effects. I had to do my own research to discover AIP diet and I've been symptom free ever since.

Doctors can't charge me or my insurance ridiculous amounts for a simple diet change though so why would they recommend that? Fuckers..
Doctors aren't taught much about nutrition.

They're helping you with the knowledge they have.

Statements like the thread title are pointless. Your body can use multiple sources of energy. Sure if, you're a world class cross-country skier you can burn through virtually all glycogen stores in 45 mins but very fucking few people in the world can sustain that intensity. For most people doing cardio glycogen is sufficient. If you don't reload during extremely long efforts (3hrs) then you'll switch to mostly fat metabolism. This is 50+ yr old sport science.

Statements like the thread title are pointless. Your body can use multiple sources of energy. Sure if, you're a world class cross-country skier you can burn through virtually all glycogen stores in 45 mins but very fucking few people in the world can sustain that intensity. For most people doing cardio glycogen is sufficient. If you don't reload during extremely long efforts (2+ hrs) then you'll switch to mostly fat metabolism. This is 50+ yr old sport science.

I'm not watching the video or even the contents of the thread but this is common knowledge at this point. "L

Basically this is how it goes.
More explosive sports = carbs
More endurance based = fats

Obviously this is scratching the surface but if you take a look at the pathways being used along with every athletes diet worth their salt , you will know this to be true.

Medical doctors... weren't they telling us as recently as 15 years ago that the majority of our diet should be pasta and bread? Their advice is often outdated and ignorant.

I have psoriatic arthritis and met with 5 different doctors whose only solution was to prescribe expensive pharmaceuticals with horrible side effects. I had to do my own research to discover AIP diet and I've been symptom free ever since.

Doctors can't charge me or my insurance ridiculous amounts for a simple diet change though so why would they recommend that? Fuckers..

In the 60's, the sugar industry paid Harvard scientists to conduct a study to tout the benefits of consuming sugar. Also, there were ads with images depicting doctors smoking and recommending cigarettes for better health. Money talks, even if it means going against the Hippocratic Oath.

Some months ago, Aberdeen university tested more or less all known diets known on lab rats and it turned out that the cause for fat gain is really just fat intake. It's that easy

https://neurosciencenews.com/fat-consumption-weight-gain-9573/

Unsurprisingly, no one really cared about it and there was basically no coverage at all at the usual sites. The study was pretty top-notch, the only criticism about it was that it was done on rats, not humans (but we're not really at the point where we can put humans in a lab for years while torturing them with bullshit diets, or are we??).
“Carbohydrates including up to 30% of calories coming from sugar had no effect. Combining sugar with fat had no more impact than fat alone. There was no evidence that low protein (down to 5%) stimulated greater intake, suggesting there is no protein target. These effects of dietary fat seemed to be because uniquely fat in the diet stimulated the reward centres in the brain, stimulating greater intake.
It wasn't because fat was inherently lipogenic, but it triggered the reward centers of the brain so they ate more. In people, fats are satiating and its really the carbs that have this affect. We have better studies on people to look towards for these kinds of data.

People lose weight on low carb not because there is anything magic about eating mainly fat and protein, but because they just tend to eat less because it's harder to get down 1000 kcal of steak vs soda. We'd see the opposite affect I imagine if the mouse study could be extended to apply directly to humans.

It wasn't because fat was inherently lipogenic, but it triggered the reward centers of the brain so they ate more. In people, fats are satiating and its really the carbs that have this affect. We have better studies on people to look towards for these kinds of data.

People lose weight on low carb not because there is anything magic about eating mainly fat and protein, but because they just tend to eat less because it's harder to get down 1000 kcal of steak vs soda. We'd see the opposite affect I imagine if the mouse study could be extended to apply directly to humans.

Agree , once youve taken NEAT into account , there is many ways you can slice the cake , its leaving bits of cake on the late and the calorie deficit that gives results . If you eat mainly fats/protiens above your daily calorie requirements you will gain weight

Back