George Jung, inspiration for the movie BLOW, released from prison

I think he did a good enough job of fucking it up himself.

I would say stealing a cartel members wife was his first mistake, but he was on the road to disaster a long time before that.

The kid serving life for the pot brownies is jealous..

But seriously, I'm pretty indifferent. I am not bothered he was released, because I don't think he will hurt anybody. I also would not have been upset if he would have stayed in, as cocaine is one of my least favorite drugs. It makes junkies out of people in a hilariously terrible fashion, but enough DBs do it that that particular kind of junkie sometimes doesn't notice how weird they are getting. I don't like blow.

'after 20 years behind bahs, I got outta prison...took a pic wit deez two guyz for a website cawled TMZ...IT WAS PERFECT...'

wonder if Depp will throw him some cash

No way he could get back in on the action even if he wanted to at age 70 so ought as well just let him out. No drug cartels would let him anywhere near their operations anymore let alone with all of the new post 9/11 protocols in place he wouldn't know how to smuggle drugs anymore.

Id never heard the song 'black betty' til I watched the movie.

On a similar note, I never heard 'tiny dancer' til Almost Famous.

Id never heard the song 'black betty' til I watched the movie.

On a similar note, I never heard 'tiny dancer' til Almost Famous.

Not to one up you, but someone I know thought Tiny Dancer was Tony Danza.

didn't the director of that movie die with coke in his system?

No way he could get back in on the action even if he wanted to at age 70 so ought as well just let him out. No drug cartels would let him anywhere near their operations anymore let alone with all of the new post 9/11 protocols in place he wouldn't know how to smuggle drugs anymore.

Well plus anyone he used to know is most likely dead by now.

I believe shortly after the movie came out she visited him.

Really? I'm happy to hear that.

Hopefully they'll make their peace.

Overall, I can't say I have a huge amount of sympathy for him. He knew the risks, and they didn't pay off in the end.

I wonder if he still realizes that money isn't real. Hopefully he does.

Anyway, may the wind always be at his back, and the sun upon his face..

Can't understand why the posters here are giving him are wishing him well just because his life inspired a major film. BS if you ask me.

Back