George Hackenschmidt catch wrestler, strongman, father of the benchpress/hacksquat didnt eat meat

Vegetarians generally frown on milk being an animal product. It’s somewhat a continuum between vegan > vegetarian

Most vegetarians I know personally consume eggs and dairy. Like you said, it’s a spectrum, but in my experience if they give up eggs and dairy then they’re just vegans.

Idk I think this guy just had pro athlete Genetics & his diet had much less to do with it.

Oh, well if some short stocky guy from over 100 years ago thinks eating meat is unhealthy when they had no information on nutrition, I guess I'd better stock up on tofu. Didn't doctors still claim smoking was healthy like 50 years after this guy died?

Still ate meat and drank over a gallon of milk a day and had fantastic genetics. Hardly a way to justify going vegan. I see nothing wrong with eating skinless chicken a couple times a day or maybe even some fish.

Vegetarians generally frown on milk being an animal product. It’s somewhat a continuum between vegan > vegetarian

Depends on the vegetarian. Some have no problems with it, others do.

I'm a vegetarian, but I don't drink milk because it makes me shit. Interestingly enough, I can eat as much Greek yogurt as I want and still feel fine. Greek yogurt must have some lactose strained out or something.

I love how he considers 'unhealthy animals' to be ones that are kept in pens and barns...Holy shit he would bust a vein if he knew the shit we pump into farm animals these days.

Depends on the vegetarian. Some have no problems with it, others do.

I'm a vegetarian, but I don't drink milk because it makes me shit. Interestingly enough, I can eat as much Greek yogurt as I want and still feel fine. Greek yogurt must have some lactose strained out or something.

Greek yogurt is strained, usually multiple times, which reduces the lactose. But the bacteria in yogurt also convert the lactose into glucose and galactose.

He was

-gifted as fuck to build mass
-trained consistent for years and years
-drank entire cows everyday

Him being vegetarian sound really the smallest part of the story

While at it my dad was a butcher, when was young used to eat fuckton of bovine/chicken meat, never done weight-lifting (aside work)
In his 30s he was built like a cartoon gorilla without ever put a foot in a gym lol

George Hackenschmidt vs Mas Oyama in an MMA match would have been legendary. I'd pay to see that.

If he ate more protien he would have been even stronger.

While I agree with him, he does a dissserie by understating the importance of protein in muscle creation. You must have an adequate amount to grow . Muscle is protein. 40g a day is not going to get anyone as big as him no matter the work out...

George Hackenschmidt all natural, no steroids and was strong as an ox, big neck, stocky dude, he lived to 90 and was still benching 150 pounds for reps at 80 something

He didn't eat meat but he drank MILK every day, so Milk does a body good. If you can tolerate it.

weight – 204 pounds; height – 5′, 9½″; reach – 75″; biceps – 19″; forearm – 15½″; neck – 22″; chest – 52″; waist – 34″; thigh – 26¾″; calf – 18″

Throughout his life, Hackenschmidt paid strict attention to his diet. He ate a predominantly vegetarian diet, consisting of fruit, nuts and raw vegetables. He very rarely consumed meat and eggs, and objected to cooked foods, as he said "the purest natural food for human beings would, therefore, be fresh, uncooked food and nuts". He also drank 11 pints of milk a day, and avoided alcohol, tobacco and coffee

5 foot 9 and 205 pounds lean muscle
georgehackenschmidt.jpg

Screenshot-2017-04-12-at-3.55.06-PM.png

2733940128_5becf627eb.jpg

220px-Georg_Hackenschmidt_ca._1905.jpg

Hackenschmidt tells you to stop overthinking things,

“I believe I am right in asserting that our Creator has provided food and nutriment for every being for its own advantage. Man is born without frying-pan or stewpot.

The purest natural food for human beings would, therefore, be fresh, uncooked food and nuts … My experience has taught me, that foodstuffs are of secondary importance. There are very strong people who are strict vegetarians, whilst others eat a good deal of meat. A fare which consists of three-quarters of vegetable food and one-quarter meat would appear to be the most satisfactory…
I would shun altogether all highly seasoned and sour dishes. Much has been said lately in praise of sugar as food, but as artificial sugar is an acid-forming substance, I should not recommend it. Natural sugar, such as is contained in dates, figs, and other fruit, is certainly preferable…

Q] But I should eat a lot of protein right?
“I maintain that it is absolutely a mistake to eat a great deal…

Q] What about meat? Surely that’s okay?
“The disadvantages of meat foods are …that nowadays it is most difficult to obtain meat from absolutely healthy animals (I count those artificially fed in stables and pens among the unhealthy ones), and … that far too much flesh food is taken.
In the case of pure vegetable food, excess is less dangerous … Pure vegetables … certainly form the ideal human food …”
le he has

While I agree with him, he does a dissserie by understating the importance of protein in muscle creation. You must have an adequate amount to grow . Muscle is protein. 40g a day is not going to get anyone as big as him no matter the work out...

le he has

11 pints of milk(22 eight ounce serving sizes of today's whole milk) = 176 grams of protein, so he was getting plenty of protein.

11 pints of milk(22 eight ounce serving sizes of today's whole milk) = 176 grams of protein, so he was getting plenty of protein.
a lot of those old timers also ate a lot of bean soup, even the Gladiators and soldiers would eat bean soups like lentils, pinto, black beans its good too I love beach soup.

Back