George Foreman vs Lennox Louis vs Sonny Liston

Snowfist

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Although im a boxing newbie so I might be wrong. I cant help but notice some similarities between these three that leads me to ask you guys how you see the matches playing out?

Lennox beats George By UD. Beats Liston by Kayo.

Foreman beats Liston by Kayo.

That's how I have it as well.

During Lewis' heyday, Big Georger referred to him as one of the best heavyweights of all time.

That's how I have it as well.

During Lewis' heyday, Big Georger referred to him as one of the best heavyweights of all time.

Lewis IS one of the best heavyweights of all time.

George said Lewis was THE best of all times after Lennox KO over Mike Tyson.

Lewis IS one of the best heavyweights of all time.

George said Lewis was THE best of all times after Lennox KO over Mike Tyson.

Agreed about him being one of the best of all time. I think he's underrated and could have hung in any area.

I didn't know about George saying that after the Tyson fight. The quote I heard/read was a few years before Tyson. That fight must have made his mind up for him!

I like Liston over Lewis. Mercer used a 50% liston jab to give Lewis a beating... the real thing would have been messy.
I like Forman over Liston. Foreman looked sloppy early in his career, but there was was always method to his madness, and that is why he stayed undefeated for so long in the golden age of boxing.

Foreman over both. Liston over Lewis maybe. I don't know.

When Liston was on top of his game he was a tough son of a bitch. I also don't think Lewis had to contend with anyone near the talent level of these two, while Foreman and Liston were in the best heavyweight era of all-time.

I think a prime Lewis is, at worst, even money against any HW in boxing history. I think Lewis beats Foreman & Liston.

And Foreman beats Liston.

I think a prime Lewis is, at worst, even money against any HW in boxing history. I think Lewis beats Foreman & Liston.

And Foreman beats Liston.

Based on his loss to Mercer(I know he got the W but he deserved the L), I don't think Prime Lewis is as good as we make him out to be. He benefited from a weak era that was just behind a strong one.... and he struggled through that era... I think he gets too much credit because we want to believe our era was great.. we want to believe that David Tua was a world class fighter just because he had a punch and a chin.. the truth is that David Tua was limited, Ray Mercer was limited, old Holyfield was limited, Hasim Rahman was limited, Shannon Briggs was limited, Michael Grant was a joke, etc. etc.

Lewis was good..borderline great, but an old Holyfield pushed him to the brink of defeat. a young Holyfield would have taken him beyond that point.

Although im a boxing newbie so I might be wrong. I cant help but notice some similarities between these three that leads me to ask you guys how you see the matches playing out?

What similarities do you notice? That they're boxers, err?

I can understand the similarities with Liston & Foreman. But Lennox Lewis fights absolutely nothing like them.

And as far as the breakdown

Liston > Lewis (look like the Mercer fight except worse for Lewis.)
Lewis > Foreman (Big George isn't going to find it easy to get passed someone who can outjab him)
Foreman > Liston (think Foreman - Lyle)

They are large dominant black fighters who had reach but threw with big power? Again im pretty new but that's what I gather.

They are large dominant black fighters who had reach but threw with big power? Again im pretty new but that's what I gather.

I hope this guy comes over to your crib asap:

Chirugh.jpg

Well, that's about the extent of their similarities bud. Not sure if you are newb to MMA, but over in boxing, we don't classify similarities by jovial things like "power/reach/size".

Well, that's about the extent of their similarities bud. Not sure if you are newb to MMA, but over in boxing, we don't classify similarities by jovial things like "power/reach/size".

Na ive watched mma for 6 years and been lurking round here for that long as well. Watched K-1 for that long too. Have trained standup in the past but muay thai not boxing. To be honest im just learning about the history of boxing right now. I completely love it. All the old champions were just amazing.

But I admitted I didnt know that much yet so im hoping you wont judge me based on that. Just take this thread as a place to plot out hypothetical matches between the three and excuse me thinking they were that similar.

Na ive watched mma for 6 years and been lurking round here for that long as well. Watched K-1 for that long too. Have trained standup in the past but muay thai not boxing. To be honest im just learning about the history of boxing right now. I completely love it. All the old champions were just amazing.

But I admitted I didnt know that much yet so im hoping you wont judge me based on that. Just take this thread as a place to plot out hypothetical matches between the three and excuse me thinking they were that similar.

Not to hate, but these fantasy fights have been done to death indepth by much more knowledgeable people than will ever grace this board. I'll recheck some of the old threads at Delphi...

In the meantime, here are some welldown RBR color commentating and discussion for said matchups

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Jess012005.htm (Foreman vs Liston)
Prime George Foreman v.s. Prime Lennox Lewis - East Side Boxing Forum (Lewis vs Foreman)
Lennox Lewis Vs Sonny Liston. - Boxing Forum (Liston vs Lewis)

Not to hate, but these fantasy fights have been done to death indepth by much more knowledgeable people than will ever grace this board. I'll recheck some of the old threads at Delphi...

In the meantime, here are some welldown RBR color commentating and discussion for said matchups

http://www.doghouseboxing.com/DHB/Jess012005.htm (Foreman vs Liston)
Prime George Foreman v.s. Prime Lennox Lewis - East Side Boxing Forum (Lewis vs Foreman)
Lennox Lewis Vs Sonny Liston. - Boxing Forum (Liston vs Lewis)

alright thanks man

Not to hate, but these fantasy fights have been done to death indepth by much more knowledgeable people than will ever grace this board.

Than will ever grace this board AGAIN that is.... the retards, TS's brethren, drove them to e-suicide up outta this bitch.

Than will ever grace this board AGAIN that is.... the retards, TS's brethren, drove them to e-suicide up outta this bitch.

Makes alot of sense to hate on the guy who comes to this forum to learn a few things..I mean what kind of douchebag would go on a boxing forum to learn the history of boxing?! :icon_neut

It's not like I came in here saying tyson was the greatest p4p of all time or something. People who dont know should ask. Good people often help. The rotten ones are the guys who hate on people who were in the same position they were at one point and the guys who walk in acting like they know it all when they haven't a clue.

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe your just having a rough day.

Back