George Foreman vs Earnie Shavers

George Foreman vs Earnie Shavers: Who Wins?

• Total voters

Johnth375

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
F77FBB01-EE57-4DD0-AD7E-902F2F339F42.jpeg I’m sure the majority of you have thought about this dream matchup of two of the hardest hitting heavyweights that have ever lived, George Foreman and Earnie Shavers, a clash of two true sluggers. I’ve read and watched interviews of people who fought both and most of them give Shavers the edge in terms of being the hardest hitter, but I wanted to know who you think would have been victorious... why and how would it have ended? I know this is an old topic but it’s a fight I think we’ve all dreamt about!

I think it would look like the Lyle fight with George getting tagged and maybe dropped but finishing Ernie. George just had the superior chin.

I think it would look like the Lyle fight with George getting tagged and maybe dropped but finishing Ernie. George just had the superior chin.

Big George sure did have a granite chin! And man, talking about Lyle, that fight with him and George will probably be one of my all time favorites. That was a slugfest!

Big George would most probably win. I was a kid when Foreman was champion, and his aura of invincibility and savage power was incredible (later to be replicated by Tyson and, my dad told me, Sonny Liston had a similar rep).
He was in a different league from Shavers, but Ernie's power would give him a chance against anyone (He was very competitive in his losses to Holmes and Ali, and beat some outstanding fighters, such as Ken Norton and Jimmy Young).

Big George would most probably win. I was a kid when Foreman was champion, and his aura of invincibility and savage power was incredible (later to be replicated by Tyson and, my dad told me, Sonny Liston had a similar rep).
He was in a different league from Shavers, but Ernie's power would give him a chance against anyone (He was very competitive in his losses to Holmes and Ali, and beat some outstanding fighters, such as Ken Norton and Jimmy Young).

I wish I alive to witness those times!

m96jjd.jpg

View attachment 437077 I’m sure the majority of you have thought about this dream matchup of two of the hardest hitting heavyweights that have ever lived, George Foreman and Earnie Shavers, a clash of two true sluggers. I’ve read and watched interviews of people who fought both and most of them give Shavers the edge in terms of being the hardest hitter, but I wanted to know who you think would have been victorious... why and how would it have ended? I know this is an old topic but it’s a fight I think we’ve all dreamt about!

Hard to say. I want to say Earnie Shavers. But Foreman is durable AF. Foreman also punches like a horse kick.

<mma4> .

i have to go with foreman, bigger, stronger, different kind of puncher and shavers was kayoed several times I think. one punch power would probably go to shavers both had stamina issues, both were skilled but foreman was clumsly looking. earnie looked more refined as a fighter. but george wins.

They both had savage power, but shavers couldn't take a punch nearly as well... and fighting foreman and not taking a punch well = disaster.

Fun while it lasts (ie until Shavers hits the ground in the first 3 rounds).

Look at that thick upper trapezius muscles from Mr. Shavers. His back musculature is the epitome of prime thickness. The glistening of the skin when it sweats illustrates to us the visuals of what a masterpiece his path was. To give to us such a marvelous body imprints the essence that we need when in search for the elite prime entities. They are to be brought forth in the ascension....

Look at that thick upper trapezius muscles from Mr. Shavers. His back musculature is the epitome of prime thickness. The glistening of the skin when it sweats illustrates to us the visuals of what a masterpiece his path was. To give to us such a marvelous body imprints the essence that we need when in search for the elite prime entities. They are to be brought forth in the ascension....
Lol reminiscent of that legendary chael sonnen yushin okami comment.

Back