George Foreman: I didn't want any part of Mike Tyson | Max Kellerman on Boxing

This is bollocks

George Foreman got fucking battered by Tommy Morrison and Axel Schulz FFS in his comback, Tyson would have killed him

watch foreman hit the bag, then watch wilder hit the bag. tell me, who is generating more force (it's not even close)
it’s less about that and more about the effect your punches have on your opponent. i think foreman is probably the hardest puncher overall but wilder is right up there too. both guys have handed out plenty of naps

Was Tyson even that much of a global star in 1987?
Yet no but exactly in 1987-1988 he was the most mobile HW guy that world had.
Young prime Tyson was fast as hell.
Shavers was described as most likely the hardest banging boxer : not such mobile than any of top 3 guys from last 70 years period but strong puncher.
Fraizer tough like from stone and possibly maybe with the best cardio in his prime.
Tommy Morrison
Was hard punching and fast in prime and most likely a bit slower than prime Tyson. Prime Tyson was damn mobile for HW.

This is bollocks

George Foreman got fucking battered by Tommy Morrison and Axel Schulz FFS in his comback, Tyson would have killed him

I didn't see Schulz battering Foreman, he was winning on points. But yea, Foreman got hit quite a bit by second tier heavyweights.

There's this one component that makes it intriguing, and that is Tyson coming straight forward, never stepping on his back foot. Even Holyfield was moving around Foreman a lot, before diving in with attacks over and over again. Tommy Morrison suddenly found his backfoot game against Foreman. Shannon Briggs was moving away the whole fight.

Foreman himself said that it would be a two round fight, "Either I hit him and he hits the ground or he hits me and I hit the ground."

I can see that - a bigger sloppier version of Hagler vs. Hearns.

Rather than this and that, I'll go with what I hear the man actually say. I seem to remember George joking he was terrified of Tyson at the time, also I remember Lewis saying he won't be ready for Tyson for a few years, somewhere around '89?

Rather than this and that, I'll go with what I hear the man actually say. I seem to remember George joking he was terrified of Tyson at the time, also I remember Lewis saying he won't be ready for Tyson for a few years, somewhere around '89?
Likewise, I prefer to be cocksure about this than any any of these wankers pretending someone held a gun to Big G's head to say this. Grow up losers.

Back