News Geoff Neal jailed on DWI, weapon charges 16 days before UFC 269 fight

CallMeCasual

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
36e0b519d3813141f4192bad761dc90b.png

"
A little more than two weeks away from a big fight, Geoff Neal spent the day in a Texas jail.

Neal, 31, was arrested on misdemeanor charges of driving while intoxicated and unlawful carrying a weapon in the early morning hours of Thanksgiving.

According to a Collin County Sheriff’s Office document obtained by MMA Junkie, the Texas Department of Public Safety arrested Neal at 3:47 a.m. on Nov. 25. He was booked into the Collin County Jail in McKinney, with his bond amount set at $1,000 for each offense. Neal was released at 8:08 p.m.

No other details are available at this time, but the Texas Department of Public Safety has confirmed receipt of MMA Junkie’s request for an offense report.

Neal declined to comment when reached by MMA Junkie.

Neal (13-4 MMA, 5-2 UFC) is slated to fight Santiago Ponzinibbio next Saturday, Dec. 11 on the UFC 269 main card. A UFC official did not respond to MMA Junkie’s request for comment on the situation.

Neal finds himself on the first skid of his career after losing his past two fights. He dropped a unanimous decision to Stephen Thompson in a UFC Fight Night headliner on Dec. 19, 2020, followed by a unanimous decision to Neal Magny this past May. Prior to that, Neal had been on a seven-fight winning streak that included wins over Belal Muhammad and Mike Perry.

In August 2020, Neal detailed having to overcome septicemia, which put him in the intensive care unit for almost a week. After the loss to Magny, Neal said that his “body hasn’t been right” since dealing with the life-threatening blood infection."

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/12/ufc-news-geoff-neal-arrested-dwi-weapons-charges

CTE must be playing a part in all these fighters doing dumb shit.

I hope they allow him the chance to get his act together like they do with Jon.

That like comparing a railroad bum to a ceo
Jones was champ for going on a decade at that age.

nothing is fair if you’re not as good as someone who has perfected the job you won’t be treated the same.

just for future reference.

That like comparing a railroad bum to a ceo
Jones was champ for going on a decade at that age.

nothing is fair if you’re not as good as someone who has perfected the job you won’t be treated the same.

just for future reference.
I don't buy that.

WTF is he doing drinking an\d staying up this late driving when he is in a fight camp? He was about to fight one of the most dangerous fighters in 2 weeks. He doesn't have his priorities straight.

I think sobriety interferes with fighters savage nature.
Alcoholism and partying seems to be common in the fight world. The same as it was in the old days. The substance abuse helps your ego get out of wack, hides the fear and mitigates any anxiety. If you're not delusional in the octagon, you're probably going to get hurt.

I think sobriety interferes with fighters savage nature.
Alcoholism and partying seems to be common in the fight world. The same as it was in the old days. The substance abuse helps your ego get out of wack, hides the fear and mitigates any anxiety. If you're not delusional in the octagon, you're probably going to get hurt.
Alcohol definitely does feed the ego so you may actually be on to something Sherphycologist .

UFC 269 shaping up to be a pretty weak card.

Hoping Khamzat steps in for Geoff, but I doubt Santiago wants that smoke. Dude got knocked out by the Leech in the first round not long ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back