Genshin Impact

i watch SmellyOctopus play this on Twitch

its very beautiful but i dont game (except for mobile, Marvel Puzzle Quest and Kingdom Hearts)

It's a fucking mobile game that got ported to PC basically.

It looks interesting, but given how it feels like it's set up to suck your wallet dry I want no part. I know you can play for free but I'd rather not play in a game where it feels like it's set up for you to pay to get better heroes and shit.

Yes, I will spend money on the Destiny 2 shop for skins and emotes or for Elite skins in fucking Rainbow Six.. why? Both of those games have been out so long, and I play them enough, me supporting the constant updates and free content that both push out from time to time I am ok with paying for cosmetics.

Plus I mean, Ash as Lara Croft?

Or Ela? Maybe her hair will blind people and give me a chance to beat people in gunfights.

It's a fucking mobile game that got ported to PC basically.

It looks interesting, but given how it feels like it's set up to suck your wallet dry I want no part. I know you can play for free but I'd rather not play in a game where it feels like it's set up for you to pay to get better heroes and shit.

Yes, I will spend money on the Destiny 2 shop for skins and emotes or for Elite skins in fucking Rainbow Six.. why? Both of those games have been out so long, and I play them enough, me supporting the constant updates and free content that both push out from time to time I am ok with paying for cosmetics.

Plus I mean, Ash as Lara Croft?

Or Ela? Maybe her hair will blind people and give me a chance to beat people in gunfights.

People are selling accounts with 5 star heroes from $4-$6 so you don't have to waste money to form a killer team. I would rather much do this than to pay real money for a chance to get them, but I don't since I already got lucky with my free pulls.

I mean its a f2p game...how else will they make money without some kinda lootbox/gambling mechanism. Its not even the 5 star heros that cost the most money its leveling them to if you in a hurry to get to the end of the end game. To me this games story is good, the graphics are nice, the elemental mix up game play is fun, the voice acting and sound are both good. I was not expecting this at all for free, this is easily a 30.00 game (or so, haven't gone more then 20 hours so far) that you get for free, that you can play for free and still get to the end game. Their isn't really (that I can tell anyway) a multiplayer VS, and I dont see a pay 2 win system unless you are rushing the game just to rush it. They already mapped out content for months and made enough money the first week that unless they blow it majorily they will keep giving you content. Hell you get free stuff for them doing server MAINTENANCE!

There are cons of course, the resin system that is what the end game revolves around needs work (which according to everything they are saying they are working on), but early-mid-midlate game are all great times without spending a dime. I am not at a high enough level to say anything about end game, but I can say that I haven't spent any money I have 6 chars 3 are 5 stars, I ascended 2 of them and maxed the rest (they are ready for ascension but they need the mats which I haven't bothered to farm because I am enjoying the story. At the end of the day, paying nothing for 20 hours of fun is a no brainer, even if I have to pay 50.00 to get past the very end I am happy to do so, assuming I already poured 50-70 hours into it. My value prop is basically if I am getting hours of fun for free, or even very little money I have no issue. It doesn't look or feel like a mobile game, and it cross saves from phone to pc. It apparently does with PS4 as well but I never tried it.

I was ready to hate it especially after the BOTW presentation I saw before it came out, but I dont have a complaint about it. Its free, play it, if you hate it no biggie, if not well new game to play.

AND LOL at that clickbait video "Genshin impact will damage gaming forever", uh its not the first gatcha game ever to to come out, and the SIMS charges you like 20-40.00 an expansion pack and they have like a baziilion of them. Microtransaction have been a thing, at least in this game you get a full game without paying any money. They time gate in WoW they time gate in a ton of games, that video was just a little bit to off base for me to take seriously.

No game will "damage" gaming forever. There is always going to be hardcore elitist gamers, and weebo anime newbs, and casual mobile dorks. No game is one size fits all, but gaming as a whole can be with the right game for the right person.

EDIT: after going through that channel "upper echelon gamers" it screams edgy and full of hate.

Last edited:
I mean its a f2p game...how else will they make money without some kinda lootbox/gambling mechanism. Its not even the 5 star heros that cost the most money its leveling them to if you in a hurry to get to the end of the end game. To me this games story is good, the graphics are nice, the elemental mix up game play is fun, the voice acting and sound are both good. I was not expecting this at all for free, this is easily a 30.00 game (or so, haven't gone more then 20 hours so far) that you get for free, that you can play for free and still get to the end game. Their isn't really (that I can tell anyway) a multiplayer VS, and I dont see a pay 2 win system unless you are rushing the game just to rush it. They already mapped out content for months and made enough money the first week that unless they blow it majorily they will keep giving you content. Hell you get free stuff for them doing server MAINTENANCE!

There are cons of course, the resin system that is what the end game revolves around needs work (which according to everything they are saying they are working on), but early-mid-midlate game are all great times without spending a dime. I am not at a high enough level to say anything about end game, but I can say that I haven't spent any money I have 6 chars 3 are 5 stars, I ascended 2 of them and maxed the rest (they are ready for ascension but they need the mats which I haven't bothered to farm because I am enjoying the story. At the end of the day, paying nothing for 20 hours of fun is a no brainer, even if I have to pay 50.00 to get past the very end I am happy to do so, assuming I already poured 50-70 hours into it. My value prop is basically if I am getting hours of fun for free, or even very little money I have no issue. It doesn't look or feel like a mobile game, and it cross saves from phone to pc. It apparently does with PS4 as well but I never tried it.

I was ready to hate it especially after the BOTW presentation I saw before it came out, but I dont have a complaint about it. Its free, play it, if you hate it no biggie, if not well new game to play.

AND LOL at that clickbait video "Genshin impact will damage gaming forever", uh its not the first gatcha game ever to to come out, and the SIMS charges you like 20-40.00 an expansion pack and they have like a baziilion of them. Microtransaction have been a thing, at least in this game you get a full game without paying any money. They time gate in WoW they time gate in a ton of games, that video was just a little bit to off base for me to take seriously.

No game will "damage" gaming forever. There is always going to be hardcore elitist gamers, and weebo anime newbs, and casual mobile dorks. No game is one size fits all, but gaming as a whole can be with the right game for the right person.

EDIT: after going through that channel "upper echelon gamers" it screams edgy and full of hate.
Tldr:
Fun game. No need to spend.

Who's your main dps atm? I still rely on venti or fischl for my damage as kaeya and bennett doesn't really bring the oomph but I love my line up of kaeya, bennett, venti or fischl, and barbara.

@method115, have you updated yet. Code GENSHIN1111 for free primogems. My brother got diona and tartaglia on his, I got 2 dionas and ningguang. Diona's lit. Cryo archer that gives you shield and an aoe skill that deals cryo damage and heals the character inside the area.

@method115, have you updated yet. Code GENSHIN1111 for free primogems. My brother got diona and tartaglia on his, I got 2 dionas and ningguang. Diona's lit. Cryo archer that gives you shield and an aoe skill that deals cryo damage and heals the character inside the area.

I haven’t played in a bit. Got to world level 26 I think it was and dropped it. Great game but I got burnt out on it. I was still working at home during the release and put in some serious hours into this game.

Might come back later once they’ve updated a few times.

Been playing this the last couple weeks, around level 20 and starting to explore Liyue is the point I’m at. It’s pretty fun, and there’s a ton of shit to do to the point I’m surprised the game is free. I haven’t spent any money and you don’t have to to progress in the game either. You can do well with anyone with the right team around them

Razor and Xingqiu (both constellation lvl 2) together is absolutely nasty for me at the moment

the resin system sucks ass though

Been playing this the last couple weeks, around level 20 and starting to explore Liyue is the point I’m at. It’s pretty fun, and there’s a ton of shit to do to the point I’m surprised the game is free. I haven’t spent any money and you don’t have to to progress in the game either. You can do well with anyone with the right team around them

Razor and Xingqiu (both constellation lvl 2) together is absolutely nasty for me at the moment

Spiral Abyss without Venti fucking sucks. Using 2 accounts atm, my 2nd one have the heavy hitters but no Venti. Was able to pull Razor last night on my Venti account. Pretty2x happy.

Yep it's surprising how much you can do in this game without paying anything.

Ugh, I just need this to come out on Switch already. My PC is currently fuuuucked

Ever finished farming the meteor event?

@method115

I never even did it. I logged into it just to get the update and collect some rewards\wishes but that's it. Taking a break from this for a bit to catch up on some other games. I've been getting BSOD issues lately as well after about 20-30 mins in a game. Which is what happened last time I jumped in. I was finishing a game on my PS4 and getting my 3080 this week so I haven't really tried to resolve it.

I never even did it. I logged into it just to get the update and collect some rewards\wishes but that's it. Taking a break from this for a bit to catch up on some other games. I've been getting BSOD issues lately as well after about 20-30 mins in a game. Which is what happened last time I jumped in. I was finishing a game on my PS4 and getting my 3080 this week so I haven't really tried to resolve it.
Rewards for this event is practically for future use. Save yourself the hassle by doing this event. Also pulled Diluc so I'm pretty psyched but I wasted tons of material raising Razor as my main dps. Also got a 5 star claymore before Diluc. I could charge people real money pulling their wishes with my luck.

Rewards for this event is practically for future use. Save yourself the hassle by doing this event. Also pulled Diluc so I'm pretty psyched but I wasted tons of material raising Razor as my main dps. Also got a 5 star claymore before Diluc. I could charge people real money pulling their wishes with my luck.

Nice. Diluc is one of the characters I wanted also. Didn't care for Razor much. What I need is a good 5 star weapon.

Nice. Diluc is one of the characters I wanted also. Didn't care for Razor much. What I need is a good 5 star weapon.
Razor is a decent budget dps hero. Build for Physical damage so he's effectice against anyone(I do have skyward pride, though proto animus isn't half bad). I've seen yuge damage numbers from Razor guides.

Ugh, I just need this to come out on Switch already. My PC is currently fuuuucked
If you have a mid-range phone, that is enough. Then link your android account to your pc and continue playing from there.

I got diluc, childes and ciqi I want a venti is he added to normal summon pool now or have to wait for his banner to appear again ?

I got diluc, childes and ciqi I want a venti is he added to normal summon pool now or have to wait for his banner to appear again ?
Idk if they're going to release him again but sucrose is a decent substitute for venti. You got a damn good lineup. F2P player?

@method115
Also finished the Liyue storyline quest. 3.5/5 in terms of anime stories is concerned. The mythology is getting fleshed out in a decent pace. Hats off to their creative writers.

Back