Gennady Golovkin "Maybe Lemieux has bigger punch but I know my job & style"

busterwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Hmmm. What do you all think? I think Lemieux has more concussive force on his punches, though we have seen GGG KO people with a single punch before. Sounds like hes not really sure overall in the fight.

I agree.. Lamieux is probably pfp the hardest hitter in the game with the exception of maybe Baily...GGG is smarter, applies pressure more effectively, has a better chin, and is calmer under fire though..
He should win by early ko

IMO Lemieux's got that explosive, blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind of power whereas GGG's not quite as explosive or fast but his punches have that dense, feel it in your soul type of oomph. The former leads to flash KOs and the latter comes through like a sledge hammer and breaks you down one punch at a time. I like to think of it as a sort of Tyson vs Foreman type of situation.

IMO Lemieux's got that explosive, blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind of power whereas GGG's not quite as explosive or fast but his punches have that dense, feel it in your soul type of oomph. The former leads to flash KOs and the latter comes through like a sledge hammer and breaks you down one punch at a time. I like to think of it as a sort of Tyson vs Foreman type of situation.

Pretty much agree but I think the big benefit with GGG's type of power is that you can carry it through a whole fight whereas it's not uncommon for power like Lemieux has to fade as the fight gets deeper. Seen it happen with him a few times. Even in the Rubio fight he started out throwing thunder bolts then gassed somewhat. Once his shots lost a little steam Rubio erased him.

bout sums it up.

Lemieux has make-you-reconsider-your-boxing-career-and-take-up-arts-and-crafts power

This not game, this fight, i like fight, mexican style

Back