Generalising acts of violence into a whole religion is stupid, and also helps the enemy

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by seiger, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seiger

seiger Posting from a UK no-go zone in Northern Ireland Banned

Chilling in a Celtic top, in Strandtown Belfast
    Malcolm X once said the sword of truth cuts both ways.

There is an enemy, that wants to kill us, that wants to behead us, and that wants the whole world to be a shitty place with no music and no jews in existence, and to destroy america as we know it.

And thats just the nazis.

The far right, many of whom are reading this, ready to bark filth about genocide and race, sorry religion traitoring at me, are a much bigger threat to us than Islamic militants. However, groups like ISIS and AQ exist and exist to harm us. Theres no two ways about that.

My issue with those of you who have an IQ over egg plant, is often not that you discriminate, but that you dont discriminate enough.

It isnt just non PC to hate 1/4 of the planet who are muslim; it isnt just intellectually retarded to do so; it actually helps the militants, because it feeds a divide between religions, and radicalises the centrists.

And thats exactly what its designed to do. The far right use it as a scapegoat to gain control. It is easy to do so when you live in a nation of 0.9% muslims, and tv is a heat seeking missile trained on tiny numbers who commit atrocities. The overwhelming output of the media in the states is demonising normal people in a false stereotype that echoes history, and is completely out of touch with reality. The terrorists win because it marginalises normal people who happen to be muslim, and it also focuses people on 1.5bn people, rather than focusing on the actual enemy, which is relatively tiny.

There are only 2 kinds of people in this world, cool ones, and motherfucking arseholes, and if you want a dividing line, look at those who want to harm innocent civilians and youll see a chasm.

Whenever you read responses barking about muslims, imagine you are reading the same post about americans, or white people or jews, and you will see the insanity of what is written.

If you cant defeat your own ignorance, you have no hope of winning a battle against someone elses.

Come at me.

INTERL0PER and SlicerDM like this.
  2. HereticBD

HereticBD Titanium Belt

Ignoring the pattern also helps the enemy.

Dalarna3, Armbars, SongXIII and 13 others like this.
  3. seiger

And what is the pattern?

Objectively speaking what are we actually dealing with?

Small unrepresentative groups of violent militants intent on making as much noise as possible, occasionally crossing over into a hypersensitive western world, and one that has no stomach for violence.

Most attacks happen elsewhere and are far bigger. They go largely ignored because we are hypersensitive to european and american attacks. with the sole exception of 9/11, almost all of the attacks that have happened in the west have been statistically insignificant to death by terrorism being more unlikely than winning the lottery.

i accept the intent is there, and that is a bad thing. i accept its not going to seem insignificant to those who are affected.

but many of us are old enough to have lived in a world under constant threat of nuclear holocaust. this generation are pussies if they are scared of terrorism.

4. mbinder

mbinder This shark, swallow you whole.

I've never made sweeping generalizations about all Muslims. I think the idea of deporting or banning any group based simply on faith is stupid and dangerous.

But it's equally stupid and dangerous to continue to ignore the fact that there is something fundamentally different about Islam. And for some reason, the left isn't willing to address it.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  5. seiger

what is the basis for that statement, objectively speaking.

6. The Polish Pounder

The Polish Pounder Excellence of execution belt Platinum Member

People don't seem to understand that we can't meddle in ME affairs and destabilize countries and then all of a sudden say "eff you guys" when there's a huge refugee crisis. Then turn around and wonder why they ended up radicalized.

If Trump does one thing right I hope that it's completely take a hands off ME approach. We've done enough damage there, and 30 years of US policy has caused this mess (surely other countries are to blame too but we probably caused a lion's share).

7. bjpenngoat

bjpenngoat Red Belt

I would say actually Identifying the enemy is a good start.

Whippy McGee likes this.
  8. mbinder

mbinder This shark, swallow you whole.

Recent history. The Quran. The hadith. The fact that Islam is as much a political and cultural system as it is a religious one.

oleDirtyBast4rd likes this.
  9. seiger

america is damned if they do and damned if they dont largely.

however, 4 things.

1 we as a people are absolutely invested in promoting dictatorship in our actions. we fund dictators. we arm dictators. we make best friends with dictators.

2 we as a people are absolutely invested in aquiring oil from these nations, at the expense of any pretense of morality

3 we have killed a lot more of theirs than they have of ours, if we did look at it as a crusade, and while there is a moral argument behind our actions, it is confused by the realpolitik that accompanies it in other places.

4 we blindly support israel in a way that is not a matter of defending a nation, but is a lopsided two types of human, betrayal of morality. thats a choice and a partisan one, and one that has consequences. we arent neutral arbiters. we are partisan allies in an immoral war.

10. seiger

well you've narrowed it down to 1.5bn people.

JonnyRingo84 likes this.
  11. Pwent

Pwent Guest

you make a lot of threads defending islam

how much are they paying you

Dalarna3, sabretruth and dissolved like this.
  12. seiger

recent history - media hype vs stats/the fact is it recent/the fact it is a demonstrably tiny outlier committing acts of violence.
    Top 20 murder nations are all christian.

religious texts - see above for behavior. all judeo christian faiths have dark passages that can be taken out of context.

political islam - islam can not be the only religion that has political influence. internationally others have far more influence. domestically, places like ireland have had a overbearing church structure for years. i dont like this, as i believe in a secular state, but if you can point one out, then good luck. the antidote to political islam is not political fascism.

13. dissolved

dissolved Steel Belt

Malcolm X?

Next, no one with a right mind wants to live in an Islamic majority.

We've been over this fact many times.

Islam is a cancer, period.

It's not "just" about Muslims killing while saying "Allahu Akbar" - many of which look normal on the outside (like the policeman who shot the Russian diplomat to Turkey looked normal).

Every Muslim I've met can not see their faults - including you seiger.

The West does not appreciate

- the despising of female hair that Islam does

- the shame that the cult brings

- the calls to prayer waking the world starting at 4 am that all Muslims participate in and will eventually be the aim of any significant number of Muslim population

- the shutting down of workdays in Muslim majorities for call to prayer

- the forced participation of all non-Muslims to be sensitive to call to prayer times in Muslim majorities

- the hatred of dogs and pork in Islam

- the sanctioning of first cousin marriage because Muhammad did it

- child marriage which happens legally or illegally in all Muslim majorities

- the impossibility of proving rape in Muslim majorities

- the inciting of hatred of Jews and other minorities in Islam

- the disgusting level of misogyny inherent in Islam straight across the board

- the fear that Islam induces in everyone wherever it exists

- the shutting down of free speech including stating it for what it is that Muhammad was a vile pedophile, raping, murdering warlord

- Ramadan and how it affects everyone negatively for a month per year

- the religiosity that in fact wars against reason, science and productivity but rather leaches off of non Muslims

- the constant sanctioned lying in Islam and by Muslims about anything and everything (see my signature on taqiya)

- the superiority complex of a vastly inferior ideology

- ridiculous Islamic clock/time

- the straight-up falsified history of Mecca, Muhammad and Islam

- the constant stirred up strife and angst wherever Islam exists (largely a reflection of its lying to falsify the qualities of Muhammad and the ridiculous ideology)

- Islam and Muslims generally lack of contribution to arts and science

This list could go on and on and on and on.

The fact is Islam has and is only a negative on a major scale to the planet.

Dalarna3, Armbars and KhabibTheBeagle like this.
  14. Cygnus A

Cygnus A Brown Belt

You are ignoring the dozens of countries with Islamic governments that implement extremely oppressive and barbaric laws. It is unfortunate we are buddies with many of these despicable governments.

15. superpunch

superpunch Gold Belt

It's like this. In the 1920s, the KKK was lynching black people. However, most white people never lynched black people. A huge portion of white people did support the lynchings though.

Would it have made sense for an African nation to ban white immigration from the South? Absolutely.

16. Rod1

Rod1 Titanium Belt

I dont mind terrorism as much as i mind religious fanaticism.

Things like hating gays, drugs and overall freedom, that shit really irks me.

jeffk and dissolved like this.
  17. superpunch

superpunch Gold Belt

18. seiger

honest answer, ive known a lot of muslims in passing, and its far more normal to think the way i do, than the way you do.

its like asking a time traveller to 30s germany why they disagree with characterisations of jews.

its fucking insane to me the shit you guys come out with and i think most normal decent people feel the same way.

but you are basically making an ad hominem attack and calling me a n____ lover. i get that.

Aegon Spengler likes this.
  19. seiger

please cite your assertion.

also if opinion polls were worth anything, britain would still be in europe and hillary would be president.

when i characterise muslims as peaceful, i would argue that a tiny outlier are involved in terrorism.

isis is 30,000 people in a religion of 1,500,000,000 people.

thats 0.002 percent.

they are essentially fighting an interstate war, akin to orwell in the spanish civil war. their values are beneath contempt, as are their methods, but are isis terrorists, or an army?

as for related terrorist attacks, thats a tiny number in comparison to the whole religion.

20. The Polish Pounder

The Polish Pounder Excellence of execution belt Platinum Member

<{shaqs}>

<mma4>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.