General Ordierno Shoots Back At Jeb's Claim That Obama Controlled The Iraq Timeline

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
General Ordierno is going on an defense for President Obama on Jeb's efforts to lay blame on Obama.General Ordierno talked about the timeline agreement and that is was negotiated under the Bush administration. You could tell that General Ordierno is getting tied of Bush and Cheney's efforts to remake history.
[YT]MnSRPgqW4EA[/YT]
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MnSRPgqW4EA

Lol. Iraq is all Bush. The Bush administration needs to stop and just eat their shit sandwich.

They definitely have to get this message out in case there's some partisan idiot who actually believes Bush when he says that everything was fine.

They definitely have to get this message out in case there's some partisan idiot who actually believes Bush when he says that everything was fine.

I think more likely they WANT to get this message out BECAUSE their are some...people who will actually believe Bush when he says it was all Obama's fault.

Jeb would have a better chance if he just distanced himself a bit from his idiot brother GW.

“As a candidate for president, I pledged to bring the war in Iraq to a responsible end,” Obama said. “Shortly after taking office, I announced our new strategy for Iraq and for a transition to full Iraqi responsibility.

“And I made it clear that by August 31st, 2010, America’s combat mission in Iraq would end,” Obama said. “And that is exactly what we are doing — as promised and on schedule.”

Obama’s campaign Web site, Organizing for America, said that if he was elected, the war would end in May 2010.

Iraq wanted US troops to stay but got eventually got tired of obamas shit and said get out, before asking multiable times for us to come back

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates — U.S. defense officials have expressed growing confidence this week that Iraqi leaders want a modest American military presence to continue in Iraq beyond the year-end deadline for troops to be withdrawn.
WP

I can't stand jeb but this thread is pure shit

After the latest violence in Iraq, Panetta said he expected Baghdad to ask for U.S. troops to stay beyond their scheduled Dec. 31 departure. There are currently about 47,000 U.S. troops in Iraq, none in a declared combat role.
"I think it's clear to me that Iraq is considering the possibility of making a request for some kind of presence to remain there," Panetta said, adding that it was contingent on what Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki requests. "I have every confidence that a request like that is something that I think will be forthcoming at some point."
NBC

Last edited:
Finally a general that can stand for the many lost men and women due to greedy politicians.

Iraq wanted US troops to stay but got eventually got tired of obamas shit and said get out, before asking multiable times for us to come back

WP

I can't stand jeb but this thread is pure shit

NBC

Obama withdrew troops based on GWB's agreement. How much longer would you have us keep military troops in Iraq? It's the same fucking arguments that we had with Vietnam. If only we had stayed for a few more years, then everything would have been great! No, it would have just cost us a few thousand more soldier's lives and the end result would have been the same.

This is pretty funny stuff.

The Obamabots have always argued that Obama was the one to end our activities in Iraq and remove our forces, completely ignoring the Status of Forces Agreement that Bush signed before leaving office.

Now that Jeb tried to blame Obama for ISIS they're playing the Status of Forces Agreement Card.

Amazing how that works.

Not only that, but the world is grateful that the US is out of Iraq and sloooooowly reversing its aggressive posture toward the M.E., but rather than credit his brother for setting the timeline for withdrawal, JEB blames Obama for leaving too early!!!

wow.

This is pretty funny stuff.

The Obamabots have always argued that Obama was the one to end our activities in Iraq and remove our forces, completely ignoring the Status of Forces Agreement that Bush signed before leaving office.

Now that Jeb tried to blame Obama for ISIS they're playing the Status of Forces Agreement Card.

Amazing how that works.

Not only that, but the world is grateful that the US is out of Iraq and sloooooowly reversing its aggressive posture toward the M.E., but rather than credit his brother for setting the timeline for withdrawal, JEB blames Obama for leaving too early!!!

wow.

I cannot think of a single "Obamabot" on this board who has done that. I think most actually pointed out the fact that Bush made the date since so many of the conservatives in here (Not all, but a good bit) were bitching about Obama 'leaving early'.

"It's not black and white..." oh yes it is indeed, General!

One day it's Obama ended the war(when things look good). The next day (when shit hits the fan) it was The Bush timeline. Make up your minds! So everyone who blames Bush on the timeline can no longer say Obama ended the war, ever again.

One day it's Obama ended the war(when things look good). The next day (when shit hits the fan) it was The Bush timeline. Make up your minds! So everyone who blames Bush on the timeline can no longer say Obama ended the war, ever again.
Uh, yes they can. Simply because Bush engineered the timeline doesn't give him credit for executing the withdrawal. This should be a self-evident truth.

Having said that, Obama and Bush have indeed been impossible to distinguish as far as I can tell pertaining to their war policy in the Middle East.

Works the other way, too. The same people who were trying to deny Obama credit for ending the war are now attributing it to him. And we're hearing different things from other people who were involved, too.

The reality is that it's very complicated. Good piece on it here:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...wanted-keep-10000-troops-iraq-abcs-raddatz-c/

That links to another good one from the NY Times.

Obama withdrew troops based on GWB's agreement. How much longer would you have us keep military troops in Iraq? It's the same fucking arguments that we had with Vietnam. If only we had stayed for a few more years, then everything would have been great! No, it would have just cost us a few thousand more soldier's lives and the end result would have been the same.
Kinda like staying in Afghanistan longer...

Works the other way, too. The same people who were trying to deny Obama credit for ending the war are now attributing it to him. And we're hearing different things from other people who were involved, too.

The reality is that it's very complicated. Good piece on it here:

http://www.politifact.com/punditfac...wanted-keep-10000-troops-iraq-abcs-raddatz-c/

That links to another good one from the NY Times.

Agreed 100%. Both sides try to paint a picture that makes their side look better.

But Obama didn't mind taking credit at the time.

"We've ended the war in Iraq," Obama said at a June 25, 2012, rally in New Hampshire for example.

"I've kept the commitments that I've made," he said in Iowa on Oct. 24, 2012. "I told you we'd end the war in Iraq. We did."

"You know I say what I mean and I mean what I say," Obama said at a rally in Florida on Nov. 4, 2012. "I said I would end the war in Iraq. I ended it"

Strait from the mans mouth to my ears.
Edit: those statements to me are as bad as the "mission accomplished" move Bush tried to pull.

Agreed 100%. Both sides try to paint a picture that makes their side look better.

But Obama didn't mind taking credit at the time.

"We've ended the war in Iraq," Obama said at a June 25, 2012, rally in New Hampshire for example.

"I've kept the commitments that I've made," he said in Iowa on Oct. 24, 2012. "I told you we'd end the war in Iraq. We did."

"You know I say what I mean and I mean what I say," Obama said at a rally in Florida on Nov. 4, 2012. "I said I would end the war in Iraq. I ended it"

Strait from the mans mouth to my ears.

Well, he did promise to leave, and he did leave (and did fight military leadership over that, and remember that McCain was promising to say for 100 years). It looks like the real dispute is over what happened after the war ended. Hawks wanted to have a lot of troops in place. Obama wanted a much smaller amount. And the Iraqis were all over the place. Ultimately, we got a lot less than even Obama wanted. So there are a lot of ways to look at it. But, of course, anytime one makes an argument with a complexity level beyond what a 7-year-old can easily grasp, people are going to assume it's some kind of trick.

dick-cheney-mad.jpg

Uh, yes they can. Simply because Bush engineered the timeline doesn't give him credit for executing the withdrawal. This should be a self-evident truth.

Having said that, Obama and Bush have indeed been impossible to distinguish as far as I can tell pertaining to their war policy in the Middle East.

Well... Obama did sign that EO banning torture, and even damped down the proxy torture a bit.

...and he kept saying how much he wanted to shut Guantanamo. Even if he didn't actually do it.

Mind you, while it's hard to say how much Bush was adhering to the advice of the likes of William Kristol (who certainly endorsed his actions), Obama has never done things their way.

Back