General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - January, 2019

did all the drama going down w 5dimes a few months ago end up impacting the day to day operations of the book at all? I remember everyone saying get your money out of 5d ASAP...did that turn out to be an overreaction?

did all the drama going down w 5dimes a few months ago end up impacting the day to day operations of the book at all? I remember everyone saying get your money out of 5d ASAP...did that turn out to be an overreaction?

Yes.

Honestly surprised these bare knuckle promotions can pay a fighter that much.

Honestly surprised these bare knuckle promotions can pay a fighter that much.
Bare Knuckle FC is apparently the best financed one since WBKFF stiffed everyone and the owner is headed to prison on an unrelated matter. A three fight six figure deal could mean Artem is getting about $33,333 per fight.

Bare Knuckle FC is apparently the best financed one since WBKFF stiffed everyone and the owner is headed to prison on an unrelated matter. A three fight six figure deal could mean Artem is getting about $33,333 per fight.
That's still quite a bit for one fighter on a bare knuckle card. Ticket sales wouldn't be strong and you'd never get a legit TV deal out of this (I assume?), sponsors probably a struggle too for a stigma of bare knuckle...

Don't get me wrong, competition is good and glad fighters get more than I thought they would. This is still surprising nonetheless

I think that Weidman as big to moderate underdog v Izzy is a must bet.

I don't know if I am crazy or what, but to me Weidman showed good improvement v Ronaldo. He cut the octagon well and used educated jab. This alone will pose more of a threat to Izzy than anybody that fought him so far in the UFC. And when we add the big frame of Weidman - he is a giant of a MW compared to the Stylebender. Also much superior wresting and grappling chops than anybody that Izzy had faced so far in his career.

We have to consider Adesanya is not a KO artist, not a heavy puncher I mean. Precise, but not a heavy handed one. So Weidman with his weakened chin I don't think we should be concerned with. I am not buyig the hype still. I am betting Weidman if he is the underdog for sure. Not a big bet, but I'll bet on him.

Weidman with a + sign next to his name vs. Israel is max-bettable imo

Weidman with a + sign next to his name vs. Israel is max-bettable imo

A small dog, no way. A big dog, sure. Israel is nearly impossible to hit and, while he may not have ko power, his speed and precision is on another level. I don't think we see a lot of KO's in Adesanya's future but I can see a ton of technical point based wins. Style will bend the judges.

It would be hilarious if Weidman knocked Israel out though I like the fight. Book it, Dana

Wonderboy down to -455 from -1000 here. If he hits -3XX I think i'll have my biggest ever bet

A former 145er v a 170 title contender who beat the current 185 champ. MMA math sucks but there are weight classes for a reason. Pettis won't hurt what Woodley didn't finish

Well i just jizzed in my pants

They better get Poirer in that card as back up.

That can't be for real
<DCWhoa>
I've wanted that fight for so long as a fan and betting.
Out of interest, wjat do u think of that capping wise? I think unless one was a fairly decent dog id want nothing to do with it betting wise

I don't think they are going to release AXS odds on 5dimes. It's not a great card, but the lines out are all tempting.

I don't think they are going to release AXS odds on 5dimes. It's not a great card, but the lines out are all tempting.
Did no research this time, would be lame if 5Dimes skips releasing odds though. Hate to see that be a trend.

Back