General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - January, 2019

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by 2bet, Jan 1, 2019.

1. burge13

burge13 Blue Belt

Agree with Jones. You're just betting against injury really as he isn't losing anyway other way. At what odds do you cap Jones injuring himself?

Jones/Spence (boxing)/Farmer (boxing) is -155. I'm usually against 3 leg juiced parlays but that looks incredibly easy.

2. Jordan3399

Jordan3399 Green Belt

Because that's indisputably awfully bad bank roll management, win or lose, it's a terrible decision to make a 25u bet like that which is exactly what everyone told you at the time.

Roads55 and Gugabe like this.
  3. Xuh

Xuh Black Belt

@piglord OhmBet still not available in UK right? that's what it says when I click the link on your site anyway...

4. onC

onC Blue Belt

Lol I always laugh at people here boasting their 10u bets when in reality the people with the smallest average bet sizes (unit wise) are the ones who know what they're talking about.

5. piglord

piglord Black Belt

no dude nothing yet, should be very soon for uk, germany and a few other new places. i'll make a blog post on it when it's available as i should have a special offer only for my readers.

Jordan3399 likes this.
  6. Xuh

Xuh Black Belt

gotcha...

I guess I'll sign up with Mr Green then - though, I read they're being brought / have been brought out by William Hill? (I'm trying to get as many accounts as possible going but preferably avoid overlap; kinda scraping around the bottom of the barrel now).

Incidentally does Brexit have any effect on the status of a lot of these Eurobooks for Brit bettors I wonder...

7. piglord

piglord Black Belt

all i know is that i'm limited to shit at william hill and still good at mr green, hopefully that doesn't change. i'm also scraping around, i got limited at bet365 this weekend is a disaster, especially after a loss.

2bet likes this.
  8. zeckdo

zeckdo Blue Belt

Naught2Sixty likes this.
  9. Jordan3399

Jordan3399 Green Belt

Just seen odds for Daley vs MVP on Skybet and damn, Daley at 3.5 vs MVP 1.29. I can't be the only one that thinks thats nuts right? Pre-tape I'd thought it would be way closer or maybe favour Daley slightly.

Stunna77 and Sadistics like this.
  10. Xuh

Xuh Black Belt

yeah that's pretty off IMO, I expect it will change considerably once american books open the line or at least when money comes in on Daley which it surely will at that price.
    IMO though Page will win and i'd like to bet him at better odds only of course (though I have some bias regarding this bout).

Jordan3399 likes this.
  11. Soccer Steve

Soccer Steve Green Belt

Finally signed up with ohmbet to maxxx the Whittaker 2:1 over Gastulem special...which they let me hammer bet for $7.54, twice over two days! Maybe has some kind of 24h reset...

Annnyways...that $7.50 was well spent in the end, getting our buddy @piglord 's live bet guide. Worth the read gang.

Stunna77 and piglord like this.
  12. MacPherson911

MacPherson911 Blue Belt

I wonder what taking so long with the ESPN+ 3 odds? we've seen lines for fights on all the cards through the end of March for weeks now but not even a main event line on the fights just 2 weeks away yet.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  13. 2bet

2bet Blue Belt

Would Weidman be a dog against Israel?

14. Jordan3399

Jordan3399 Green Belt

Almost certainly, I was surprised when Brunson was such a big underdog to Israel so him getting destroyed like he did will only increase the Izzy hype. Plus 4 of Weidman's last 5 ending with him being finished. Israel would probably be -200<.

15. Kyle Stephens

Kyle Stephens Blue Belt

I think that Weidman as big to moderate underdog v Izzy is a must bet.

I don't know if I am crazy or what, but to me Weidman showed good improvement v Ronaldo. He cut the octagon well and used educated jab. This alone will pose more of a threat to Izzy than anybody that fought him so far in the UFC. And when we add the big frame of Weidman - he is a giant of a MW compared to the Stylebender. Also much superior wresting and grappling chops than anybody that Izzy had faced so far in his career.

We have to consider Adesanya is not a KO artist, not a heavy puncher I mean. Precise, but not a heavy handed one. So Weidman with his weakened chin I don't think we should be concerned with. I am not buyig the hype still. I am betting Weidman if he is the underdog for sure. Not a big bet, but I'll bet on him.

theTKDguy likes this.
  16. NorthernLights

NorthernLights Blue Belt

Fair warning, even though the Whittaker/Gastelum fight was cancelled. The special offers do reset so you can max them again but don't expect the good folks at Ohmbet to honor your bets...the last time I tried that they voided all but one of the bets I made on a "special" line after the fight because I according to them should have read the full terms (which were only available in an ad on a third party website). Oh, and they will limit you really quick if you are even moderately succesful.

They were good when they used to open their own early, and often retarded, lines. Livebetting on all fights is a plus too. But overall it's a shitty book and I withdrew my balance a while back.

Soccer Steve and Sadistics like this.
  17. 2bet

2bet Blue Belt

Yeah I would favor Weidman as well in that match-up

Kyle Stephens likes this.
  18. lefontes

lefontes Green Belt

Brian Foster 5.85 against russian fighter. Also like Vanessa Porto @1.70 on Invicta against Pearl Gonzalez

19. MidgardSerpent

MidgardSerpent Brown Belt

Requesting a payout from 5dimes, haven't done one in years, but the last 4 months I've been doing well and I realised I didn't need that much money in my account. Using bitcoin, and going through security checks right now. (i.e. have to send selfie with passport,etc). Hope all goes well, pretty nervous about it.

Naught2Sixty likes this.
  20. TrueAscension

TrueAscension Yellow Belt

Nothing to be nervous about.

Stunna77 likes this.