General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - January, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get Rockhold at +140. I love it I favor him in this fight.

I took Luke +150 on dimes a few days ago so I think Romero was -190.

I thought so! Weird how they acted like the lines had just been released yesterday. Anyway, now wishing I jumped on the +150 too.

Do you guys seen an early finish by Luke though?

I sure don't. I may just wait for props and play Romero rds 1 and 2, then look to hammer Luke live betting assuming he makes it out of the 2nd round. Romero is good enough when he's fresh to where he won't be getting handled easily where we see Luke -250 or -300 or something crazy after the 2nd round. At worst maybe Luke looks good and wins one of the first two rounds and is -175 or something live, where I think there will still be value.

Not saying playing Luke at dog odds is a bad play pre fight, but I don't want to risk much on it given that if Romero wins, it's so likely to be early imo.

Do you guys seen an early finish by Luke though?

I sure don't. I may just wait for props and play Romero rds 1 and 2, then look to hammer Luke live betting assuming he makes it out of the 2nd round. Romero is good enough when he's fresh to where he won't be getting handled easily where we see Luke -250 or -300 or something crazy after the 2nd round. At worst maybe Luke looks good and wins one of the first two rounds and is -175 or something live, where I think there will still be value.

Not saying playing Luke at dog odds is a bad play pre fight, but I don't want to risk much on it given that if Romero wins, it's so likely to be early imo.

I’d be terrified with play Luke as much of a fav after the second round with Romero’s track record.

I’d be terrified with play Luke as much of a fav after the second round with Romero’s track record.

Some of it depends on how the first 2 rounds go. Romero tired noticeably vs Whitaker about early in rd 3. Yes, he finished Weidman and Kennedy both in rd 3 (the Kennedy fight with all sorts of controversy of course). But I trust Luke's gas tank a lot more than Yoel's.

Some of it depends on how the first 2 rounds go. Romero tired noticeably vs Whitaker about early in rd 3. Yes, he finished Weidman and Kennedy both in rd 3 (the Kennedy fight with all sorts of controversy of course). But I trust Luke's gas tank a lot more than Yoel's.

Agreed. I was half kidding. It’s just a scary proposition betting against the guy with 5 third round finishes right before the third round starts. But yea, the longer it goes the more it favors Luke for sure.

@Gugabe @conmemay please make your pick for the L-Challenge, you are the last two missing.
I'll post the summary then

@Gugabe still some time left for you to make your pick, don't miss it ;)

Status quo:

2,36 Gugabe - Stephens -???
2,35 Sadistics - Aldrich - Davis 1,89
1,95 ADD - Clark - Cormier 1,36
1,58 2bet - Krause - Makhachev 1,57
1,32 Yotsuya - Kang - Pantoja 1,60
1,32 Papi - Kang - Cormier 1,36
1,32 Jamah - Kang - Barzola 1,44
1,32 Rapidryan88 - Kang - Almeida 1,87
1,32 conmemay - Kang - Barzola 1,44
1,18 pytycrys - Usman - Cormier 1,36
1,18 EzFlyer - Usman - Cormier 1,36

It’s probably posted somewhere already and I missed it, but in the event it wasn’t, did you see how fat Mir is...

DT9C9NeX4AY8I95.jpg

Grandfathers backyard fighting, so it seems, lol

It’s probably posted somewhere already and I missed it, but in the event it wasn’t, did you see how fat Mir is...

DT9C9NeX4AY8I95.jpg

Full on dadbod. He's likely a lot over 265 there. He'll need to cut weight, probably a decent amount before April. Plenty of time obviously, but at his age getting in fight shape isn't like when you are 25. That said, this thing probably doesn't last 3 minutes and Mir probably wins anyway, fat or not.

Cormier-Oezd to end ITD @ 1.25

Also I lost week 1, so I thought I was out.

Cormier-Oezd to end ITD @ 1.25

Also I lost week 1, so I thought I was out.

You had Stephens - he knocked out Choi. So you are still in.
But only ML picks are allowed, so think again :)

You had Stephens - he knocked out Choi. So you are still in.
But only ML picks are allowed, so think again :)
Barzola, then. In just before it starts. Thought I had Johnson for some reason.

@Gugabe still some time left for you to make your pick, don't miss it ;)

Status quo:

2,36 Gugabe - Stephens - Barzola 1,44
2,35 Sadistics - Aldrich - Davis 1,89 out
1,95 ADD - Clark - Cormier 1,36
1,58 2bet - Krause - Makhachev 1,57
1,32 Yotsuya - Kang - Pantoja 1,60 out
1,32 Papi - Kang - Cormier 1,36
1,32 Jamah - Kang - Barzola 1,44
1,32 Rapidryan88 - Kang - Almeida 1,87 out
1,32 conmemay - Kang - Barzola 1,44
1,18 pytycrys - Usman - Cormier 1,36
1,18 EzFlyer - Usman - Cormier 1,36