General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - January, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If khabib vs Ferguson is 3 rounds I'll lose my goddamned mind.

surely they won't make an interim belt after only a few months that's ridiculous, I wouldn't put it past them though. it's looking good for a main event, they will try and give this fight maximum exposure to market the conor fight later in the year imo.

Last edited:
Rumble, Khabib, Rockhold, Holloway, Rivera, Mighty Mouse, Ngannou and Thompson looks half decent as far as value goes.

i'm hoping we get a decent line on ngannou

There is a bet on Khabib/Ferg that might end up as one of my biggest bets ever.

And EZ no way in hell it's 3 rounds. Just no way.

I'm really big on ngannou to finish arlovski ... hope the finish is at + odds

Also think Pena's takedowns will be too much for Valentina ... Can see Pena winning the belt after this fight too

Leaning towards Marquardt over Alvey

Future fighters Im leaning are:
Bermudez>TKZ
Dunham>Trujilo
OSP>blachowicz
Torres>Bec
poirier>miller
mccal>seery
JDS>Struve
Gastelum>Belfort
Duffy >Madadi

All deends on the odds now

There is a bet on Khabib/Ferg that might end up as one of my biggest bets ever.

And EZ no way in hell it's 3 rounds. Just no way.

I was looking at the opening odds for the first time they were scheduled to fight. Ferguson was a +265 underdog. If we get something similar to that ill probably join you lol. I'm guessing that's not going to be the case. One can only hope.

So I just listened to the first bit of this Luca Fury guy's podcast on UFC 207. Does anyone has access to his previous bets? I wonder why he doesn't post them on his website yet he sells his tips at 75$ a week.

I was looking at the opening odds for the first time they were scheduled to fight. Ferguson was a +265 underdog. If we get something similar to that ill probably join you lol. I'm guessing that's not going to be the case. One can only hope.

Not even close. I guess there's Euro books that have him like +145. Honestly, I think Ferg wins assuming it's 5 rounds (which it will be). I think Khabib can win early rounds with takedowns but that said I don't think he controls Ferg super easily even there. Ferg's 10th planet style and ultra-active guard (along with his durability) are gonna make Khabib work A LOT on the mat. This isn't gonna be Khabib teeing off like he did with MJ. I know people will look at Khabib/RDA but again Ferg just has a different style off his back that I think will give Khabib problems. But it's later in the fight where I think most of us agree that Ferg will probably start to turn it up and rely on his superior gas tank and relentless pressure. Ideally the first 2 rounds are pretty competitive with Khabib having a slight edge but noticeably tiring and we can get Ferg at + odds live.

But my gigantic bet will be Ferg NSC. I'm trying to envision Khabib finishing him and it's a remote chance to me. But I can DEFINITELY see Ferg finishing Khabib. Hell, let's not forget MJ had Khabib in trouble in rd 1 of that fight.

So I just listened to the first bit of this Luca Fury guy's podcast on UFC 207. Does anyone has access to his previous bets? I wonder why he doesn't post them on his website yet he sells his tips at 75$ a week.

Oh boy. You can listen to his podcast but for the love of all that is good and decent don't pay him a cent. Hell, don't even follow his picks. The guy is a FRAUD.

Oh boy. You can listen to his podcast but for the love of all that is good and decent don't pay him a cent. Hell, don't even follow his picks. The guy is a FRAUD.
That's the impression I had, the whole thing looks very dodgy.

luca fury is the edmund tarverdyan of touts

i think ferg via sub might be a good play, i don't think he wins via ko or decision.

i think ferg via sub might be a good play, i don't think he wins via ko or decision.

He could easily TKO Khabib. MJ had Khabib wobbled in that fight in the first round. That said I agree sub is more likely since Ferg looks to finish that way even when he hurts guys with strikes. I just wouldn't rule out a TKO win. Or a decision honestly. He could take over late and his cardio will hold up for sure. If Khabib survives late Ferg's pressure late in the fight not that hard to envision Ferg winning a dec.

I feel like Ferg/Khabib is just too close to call ... Khabib has some of the most vicious ground and pound (was throwing bomb at MJ on the ground) and an arsenal of takedowns and his top control is second to none ... fight is super close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back