General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - December, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are rules implemented for 207? Could make lineker tj scoring interesting. How are they supposed to interpret solid tj shots that lineker will walk straight through, as opposed to lineker landing less volume but his shots backing tj up?

I think they start in 2017.

Honestly I think we are going to see more "robberies" with these no rules. The judges were/are the bigger problem then the rules. They need some true MMA natives judging. I was looking into being able to judge fights in NY/NJ, and it all was a cluster fuck.

Theres defo gonna be a lot of conjecture but fighters will have to fight accordingly.

Yeah making the rules more subjective is probably not the way to go with these judges.

yeah should have just hired new judges, but clowns will be clowns.

with more 10-8 rounds, i think we're likely to see a lot more draws. i don't think the bookmakers will catch on immediately so there might be an opportunity there.

I have little doubts the scoring of fights will look basically the same. Only thing I see them talk about it regarding scoring that seems like more than just lingo change is scoring 10-8s. And in fights like Magny vs Lombard, where Magny prob deserved a 10-7 but I remember reading at least one judge scored it 10-9, these judges def need a "rule" that encourages them to give more of those out

Vannata vs Teymur UFC 209

raw

Might actually be some value on Teymur, Vanatta is good but the hype might make the line margins too wide.

under the radar fight, but i'll be looking to play rick glenn if he's + odds against nover. i don't rate nover at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back